No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers discussion...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inge is the heart and soul of the team and arguably one of the best defensive 3rd basemen in the league. i'm glad we didn't trade him. santiago has played outstanding. mr. suicide squeeze.
    SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• Verlander better pitch well tonight. We need to win this game.

Hopefully the offense provides enough runs to take away the tough late-game decisions for Mr. Leyland. He's a moron.
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• he's ''old school'' like matt millen.
        Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Blue View Post
          As a whole the team looks improved.

Inge- I absolutely hate the guy. Having said that Ill say he looks much improved at the plate and that is huge for us going forward!

Starters- Galaraga looked human for the first time last night. Verlander looks decent still like he is trying to do to much, He pitched a gem the other night exceptone inning. Porcello looks like he has the making of a real star. Jackson has looked like a solid addition to the team, good replacment for Kenny. Im not touching on Miner!

Bullpen- They look solid so far, I really thought they would be a weakness. Outside of Lyon everyone looks good. Impressed with Rodney so far, he seems to be under a little more control

Im still waiting for Magglio, Polanco, and Guillen to be themselves again.

Can anyone tell me why we signed Everett? Why didnt we just give Santiago a shot at short? He has looked much better then AE so far!
          You may hate him, but he's absolutely invaluable to the Tigers, and as stated above, he's one of the best defensive third basemen in baseball. He should have won the gold glove in '07. He won't keep up this pace, but I'll take a .250 average if he can put up a .330 OBP and 15+ HR's from the 6 or 7 spot.

Originally posted by Jakey
          WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

• I got to go to Comerica Park for the first time last night. What an experience the place is. The fact that we won made the experience ever more enjoyable. As soon as Cabby's bat made contact with that Homer I was out of my seat!

sig by Pacific

Comment

• i read somthing interesting on inge he is 1 of only 20 tigers to play in over a 1,000 games and hit over 100 homeruns as a tiger...If he wins a couple gold gloves likes most think he can...at only 31 years old he might go down as one of the better tigers of all time ...lol ..kinda strange

Comment

• Go Tigs...we're on a roll right now!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Notredameleo View Post
                  Go Tigs...we're on a roll right now!!
                  Galarraga sucks lately. If he ever rebounds, we'll be all set.
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• edwin jackson has been rediculously awesome atleast
                    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler View Post
                      edwin jackson has been rediculously awesome atleast
                      Basically because, so far anyway, he's cut his walks way down this year. If he can keep it up, he may have become the pitcher people thought he could be.

Which actually made me think about something. Despite the fact we have some older veterans that may be starting to break down (Ordonez at 35 and Guillen at 33 are the first to come to mind), we actually have quite a few young guys that have already broken out or are getting decent/good playing time.

Position players
                      Clete Thomas-25
                      Josh Anderson-26
                      Miguel Cabrera-26
                      Jeff Larish-26
                      Curtis Granderson-28
                      Ryan Raburn-28

Starting pitchers
                      Rick Porcello-20
                      Edwin Jackson-25
                      Justin Verlander-26
                      Armando Galarraga-27
                      Dontrelle Willis-27

Bullpen
                      Ryan Perry-22
                      Joel Zumaya-24

Originally posted by Jakey
                      WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

• Hypothetically speaking, if we keep Magglio's games and AB's below the numbers that kick in his 18 million next year, what would you guys do with that money in free agency?

I can't decide whether I'd invest it in the bullpen, another SP, or a big bat.

I'd probably have to say go get a guy with some power in his bat, but getting some more arms in the pen would be good.
                        R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Shows you what sportcasters know. I don't think one of them thought this would be a good team with many picking 70 wins as tops. This could end up being a sensational year for the Tigers even though I'm a Blue Jay's fan.
                          I'm crying now because I dropped Verlander from my fantasy team in April, now it is looking like he is a Cy Young contender! UGH.
                          And proud of it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                            Hypothetically speaking, if we keep Magglio's games and AB's below the numbers that kick in his 18 million next year, what would you guys do with that money in free agency?

I'd probably have to say go get a guy with some power in his bat, but getting some more arms in the pen would be good.
                            I still think we need a closer, unless you think Rodney can keep doing "well" and Zumaya doesn't step into it.

Also another SP would be nice. We don't know if Willis is going to be any good still, and Bonderman is still trying his way back. One more quality starter would be great.

I think we need to shore up the middle of our infield. Polanco isn't going to be around forever, so who takes his place? Santiago? Iorg? And Everett just sucks....one more big bat would be nice, but where does he go? RF? DH? I don't want to lose our defensive advantage if we can keep it....

Comment

• Originally posted by bigredballer View Post
                              I still think we need a closer, unless you think Rodney can keep doing "well" and Zumaya doesn't step into it.

Also another SP would be nice. We don't know if Willis is going to be any good still, and Bonderman is still trying his way back. One more quality starter would be great.

I think we need to shore up the middle of our infield. Polanco isn't going to be around forever, so who takes his place? Santiago? Iorg? And Everett just sucks....one more big bat would be nice, but where does he go? RF? DH? I don't want to lose our defensive advantage if we can keep it....
                              Anyone have a list of potential FA's? Polanco is a free agent, but I bet he gets re-signed. We could really use a Free Agent SS. Everett has been a pleasant surprise, but he isn't a long term solution, and I am not high on Iorg.

I think Ryan Perry will be closing next year possibly. I would at the very least go get a good setup man if we can though.
                              R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                                Hypothetically speaking, if we keep Magglio's games and AB's below the numbers that kick in his 18 million next year, what would you guys do with that money in free agency?

Save the money and invest in the draft so the system can be rebuilt because right now with Porcello and Perry in the majors, it's beyond awful.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information