Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mike williams all but gone!!

http://blog.mlive.com/lionsinsider/2...in_detroi.html

i hope we can get anythinggg for him rather than just cut him.

What a blunder of a pick, I know the Lions had their heart set on drafting one of the top 3 cb's but wow what a debacle.

Comment

That Ford ad was easily the most annoying thing that has ever happened to me in my entire life.

That aside I think its still a bad idea to cut Williams unless you get around a 4th round pick for him. Hes still pretty much a unproven rookie at this point with very little wear. As a red zone threat hes still a very good propspect and seeing how thats what the Lions need I would rather see him stay but i guess this means bring on CJ.

Comment

Un-believable, how did this guys work ethic get past all the scouts/Millen when we drafted him?

looks like he will be cut and the Lions will have wasted another top pick :(

Comment

shoulda been derrick johnson

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

Derrick Johnson would've been fun... imagine Johnson - Willis - Sims! Wow. Fun.

If they can't trade him, he HAS to be cut. He's basically saying "Yep... it wont change..." and Marinelli can't allow it.

Bye bye, Mike Williams (#81).
            Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Originally posted by asmitty45 View Post
              shoulda been derrick johnson
              I've been saying that for two years. Of course he wasn't the best OLB taken, but at the time he would have been my pick. God I hate Lehman, he's the only reason we didn't draft him. I've hated him ever since we passed on Ben Troupe, a huge need at the time, to draft what was going to be a backup LB just because the GM said that "he reminds me of myself." God I hate Millen also.

Comment

we dont need Johnson we got Boss Bailey who is good when healthy and give Lehman some time he'll be a good back up.

Comment

it sucks, but he probably needed to go.

Something tells me he'll end up being fine though, with a team that wants him for who he is and will allow him to be the player he was at USC.
                  Cheers to Michigan winters...

Comment

Derrick Johnson, DeMarcus Ware, Shawn Merriman ... anyone but Mike Williams.

Comment

yea hte pick shoulda been merriman or DJ both were reat fits back then and would still eb great picks now wow that woulda helped this team out a lot and it is in no way lehmans fault becasue he was drafted to be our future MLB not OLB

Comment

Originally posted by woodnick View Post
                        I've been saying that for two years. Of course he wasn't the best OLB taken, but at the time he would have been my pick. God I hate Lehman, he's the only reason we didn't draft him. I've hated him ever since we passed on Ben Troupe, a huge need at the time, to draft what was going to be a backup LB just because the GM said that "he reminds me of myself." God I hate Millen also.
                        Agreed on both.. I wanted Derrick Johnson badly.. and as far as TE's go, I wanted Ben Watson.. I was sad when the Pats picked him :( ..Didn't really want Lehman either..

Comment

Mike Williams actually looked pretty solid the 15 plays we put him on the field last year. What is the point of just cutting him and never giving him a chance? I guess we can just put Josh McCown at WR again instead of playing Mike Williams.

Comment

I would love him on the Bills but that's not going to happen...Williams has work ethic and character problems right?

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                              I would love him on the Bills but that's not going to happen...Williams has work ethic and character problems right?
                              Pretty much.. He also doesn't fit the Mike Martz system at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information