Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lions are going to have an amazing offense this year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lions are going to have an amazing offense this year

    We improved the o-line bringin in some real quailty players...we got a beautiful runningback trio (Jones- good combo of speed and strength, Bell- speed, TJ Duckett- Strength) and of course our wide outs Williams, CJ, and Furrey, and even Mcdonald. Its going to be fun to watch if everyone can stay healthy
    Last edited by Jagonsucker; 09-17-2007, 10:56 AM.

  • #2
    I sure hope youre right about the OLine, i agree that they are much improved if they can open up running lanes we should be in great shape.

    fenikz

    "Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

    35-21

    Comment


    • #3
      I love optimism...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Notredameleo View Post
        I love optimism...
        It's true... the OLine is improved. Last year, Peterman, Frank Davis and Jonathan Scott were starting at one time or another. This year, we'll have something along the lines of Backus-Mutilato-Raiola-Woody-Foster... and, if ANY of them go down, we'll have Manuel Ramirez, Zach Piller, Frank Davis, Jonathan Scott and Blaine Saipaia to fill in.

        A lot stronger than last year. And, if one of the RBs goes down, we'll have solid players behind him.

        Not to mention our receivers.

        If Kitna can put up 4,000+ yards without an OLine and with a weak running game, Kitna OR Stanton can succeed with these upgrades.
        Left NFLDC: 20080918.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
          It's true... the OLine is improved. Last year, Peterman, Frank Davis and Jonathan Scott were starting at one time or another. This year, we'll have something along the lines of Backus-Mutilato-Raiola-Woody-Foster... and, if ANY of them go down, we'll have Manuel Ramirez, Zach Piller, Frank Davis, Jonathan Scott and Blaine Saipaia to fill in.

          A lot stronger than last year. And, if one of the RBs goes down, we'll have solid players behind him.

          Not to mention our receivers.

          If Kitna can put up 4,000+ yards without an OLine and with a weak running game, Kitna OR Stanton can succeed with these upgrades.

          This is the truth..

          Comment


          • #6
            Yeah, the offense will be top 5 in the league this year IMO, if everyone stays healthy. However, They need to score at least 20-25 pts, to have a shot at winning a game and perhaps more than 30 if the defense struggles.

            Comment


            • #7
              BUT will our DEFENSE be amazing??? no

              Comment


              • #8
                Defense wins championships.
                "If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Bullcrap. Balance wins championships.

                  And I want to see CJ in a game (even if it's preseason), getting open and doing everything he's supposed to do, before I say "no one can stop us." I have to be sure the coaching staff won't screw it up.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    H-mmm, whose the team with the best 2 WR's in the NFL, H-mmm Arizona, and where did they finish this year, H-mmmmm, 5th overall pick. I guess 2 great WR's aren't much without a QB and a good defense. Too bad Millen never noticed!!!
                    And proud of it!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                      H-mmm, whose the team with the best 2 WR's in the NFL, H-mmm Arizona, and where did they finish this year, H-mmmmm, 5th overall pick. I guess 2 great WR's aren't much without a QB and a good defense. Too bad Millen never noticed!!!

                      Point Proven.
                      "If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                        H-mmm, whose the team with the best 2 WR's in the NFL, H-mmm Arizona, and where did they finish this year, H-mmmmm, 5th overall pick. I guess 2 great WR's aren't much without a QB and a good defense. Too bad Millen never noticed!!!
                        Arizona can't run the ball though. I think a decent running game can be as important as a good defense at times. I think the defense will be better than some people think. Marinelli's second year with the players. Shaun Rogers for a year hopefully. Ernie Sims should break out even more. White should help the pash rush, and Redding should continue his play for that big contract next year. If our front 4 play well which I belive they will it will make it easier for the secondary. Which improves the defense as a whole. But I don't think we can win until we can run the ball.
                        Last edited by Scotty D; 05-01-2007, 06:25 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                          H-mmm, whose the team with the best 2 WR's in the NFL, H-mmm Arizona, and where did they finish this year, H-mmmmm, 5th overall pick. I guess 2 great WR's aren't much without a QB and a good defense. Too bad Millen never noticed!!!
                          I agree. You can win with 2 great WRs and a great QB and its been done before. However, the problem is you won't get to the superbowl.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Bootland27 View Post
                            I agree. You can win with 2 great WRs and a great QB and its been done before. However, the problem is you won't get to the superbowl.
                            theres a first time for everything

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                              Arizona can't run the ball though. I think a decent running game can be as important as a good defense at times. I think the defense will be better than some people think. Marinelli's second year with the players. Shaun Rogers for a year hopefully. Ernie Sims should break out even more. White should help the pash rush, and Redding should continue his play for that big contract next year. If our front 4 play well which I belive they will it will make it easier for the secondary. Which improves the defense as a whole. But I don't think we can win until we can run the ball.
                              And the Lions can run the ball?
                              "If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information