Packers if YOU were TT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packers if YOU were TT

this is a thread where you post what you'd do if u were Teddy Thompson, from free agents, draft picks, depth charts, and all!

This is what i am thinking:
    FA's
    FB J. Griffith
    TE R. McMichael

Trades
    trade down in 1st draft, grab extra 2nd
    Trade 2rd round pick and Herron for McGhee
    Trade Barry for 4th round pick

Draft
    1)WR R. Meachem
    We need a reciever who can stretch the field and we would be are answer
    2)SS B. Meriweather
    He's from the U is there ever a bad corner or Saftey outta there beside Rumph, solves are problem
    3)OLB R. Alexander
    Poppinga, yeah he did very good bout not much depth on the outside and Alexander is the hitter and tackle Machine
    4)HB A. Bradshaw
    Great RB for are offense will be a solid 3rd down back.
    4)CB J. Wade
    We need a little more depth needed even though he have 3 studs (Blackmon included)
    5)C/OG Leroy Harris
    Really no back up center and not as much depth on the line.
    6)DT Keith Jackson Jr.
    Watched him a few times and was pretty impressed
    7)WR Matt Trannan
    Huge athlete freak (M. Colston??)

DRAFT
    QB Favre//Rodgers,Martin
    HB McGahee//Morency,Bradshaw(R)
    FB Griffith//Miree
    WR Driver, Jennings//Meachem(R), Ferguson, Trannon(R)
    TE McMichael//Franks,Lee
    OT Cliften,Tauscher//Moll
    OG Colledge,Spitz//Coston
    C Wells//Harris(R)

DE Kampman,Jenkins//KGB,Montgomery
    DT Prickett, Williams//Cole, Jolly, Jackson Jr.(R)
    OLB Hawk,Poppinga//Alexander(R),White
    MLB Barnett//Hodge
    FS Collins//Culver
    SS Meriweather(R)//Underwood
    CB Woodson,Harris//Blackmon,Wade(R)

Thats all IMO but thats kinda what i'd like to see. You guys???

FA's:
    Ken Hamlin S
    Justin Griffith FB

Trades:
    Trade for Ladell Betts give away 3rd and Noah Herron
    Trade Kevin Barry for 4th
    Trade for Moss, give away Rodgers and 4th
    Trade down from 1st 16th and get a late first and second

Draft
    1 Greg Olsen TE Miami
    2a Drew Stanton QB Michigan State
    2b Josh Wilson CB Maryland
    4 Tony Taylor OLB Georgia
    5 Garrett Wolfe HB N Illinois
    6 Larry Brown DT Oklahoma St
    7a Chandler Williams WR FIU
    7b Cameron Jensen ILB BYU

QB Favre/Martin or Stanton
    HB Betts/Morency/Wolfe
    FB Griffith/Miree
    1WR Driver/Jennings/Holiday
    2WR Moss/Ruvell/Williams
    TE Olsen/Bubba/Lee
    O-Line to remain the same as last year
    DE Kampman/Montgomery/Hunter
    DT Pickett/Cole/Jolly
    DT CoreyWilliams/Cole/Brown
    DE Jenkins/KGB/Montgomery
    OLB AJ/BenTaylor/White
    MLB Barnett/Hodge/Jensen
    OLB Poppinga/TonyTaylor/BenTaylor
    CB Harris/Wilson/Bush
    CB Woodson/Dendy/Bush
    FS Collins/Culver/Peprah
    SS Hamlin/Underwood/Bigby

Wilson to return kicks/punts
    Last edited by neko4; 03-07-2007, 06:32 PM.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I don't understand why people want Hamlin so much. We already have safties that cannot cover well. I'd much rather have Grant.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

I had durent yearlier but changed it He will be a second round pick i think I like Drew Stanton and Wilson but i'd still rather sign McMichaels than draft a TE.

Comment

Durant does have 2nd round talent, I was just hoping to get lucky :)

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
            I don't understand why people want Hamlin so much. We already have safties that cannot cover well. I'd much rather have Grant.
            Can Grant really cover better?

Comment

haha i'd be willing to pick him in the second the guy is a flat out stud! Def an upgrade over the pretty good Poppinga. Bet he'd cover better 2! haha

Grant can cover but i 'd still like another young guy to go with Collins. There is no wrong answer with nelson, griffin, meriweather, or rouse

Comment

i wouldn't do a whole lot this off season. i think this is all we really have to do.

signings...

Justin Griffith FB
                resign Barnett

Draft

1st Marshawn Lynch RB
                2nd Zach Miller TE
                3rd a fast receiver that can stretch the field
                4th cornerback
                5th best OLB available
                6th developmental OT
                7a best DT available
                7b best S available
                Last edited by jackalope; 03-08-2007, 09:19 PM.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

made a few changes

Comment

TT is a smarter man than I, I would never made the collins pick or the jennings pick so, he's a better GM than I would be, so whatever he does, I think for the most part is right, I would have signed manuel to by the way
                    Last edited by M1Koter; 03-07-2007, 08:40 PM.

Originally posted by princefielder28
                    Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate

Comment

Olson can't block. He's basically a receiver in a tight end's body.

John Clayton said the report about Rodgers and a pick for moss is false. They don't want Rodgers. No one does other than people who have false hope.

Ladell Betts can't be had for a 3rd rounder. The redskins have basically said they'd trade portis before they trade betts. Maybe that's a stretch but I doubt they take anything lower than a first. I know that sounds crazy but they love the guy.

I really think this defense needs help. They lack a significant pass rush. People will argue Kampman will only get better, but 6 of his sacks came in two games. I thiink he played outta his mind. He'll be solid, but won't continue to put up numbers like this year.
                      Their corners lack depth and they need a safety. It'll be tough for a lower round safety to really provide an impact.

I really think Moss is key. I would like to see them trade a 2nd or a 3rd round pick for moss and throw in a conditional next year. Then trade down with their first draft miller and a back with their second.
                      Sign Corey Dillion to a 1-2 year deal just to have a veteran.

Comment

Olsen cant block, but Bubba definatly can. Whats wrong with getting 6 sacks in 2 games anyway?

Comment

if i was TT i would dye my hair black. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Mwkick View Post
                            Olson can't block. He's basically a receiver in a tight end's body.

John Clayton said the report about Rodgers and a pick for moss is false. They don't want Rodgers. No one does other than people who have false hope.

Ladell Betts can't be had for a 3rd rounder. The redskins have basically said they'd trade portis before they trade betts. Maybe that's a stretch but I doubt they take anything lower than a first. I know that sounds crazy but they love the guy.

I really think this defense needs help. They lack a significant pass rush. People will argue Kampman will only get better, but 6 of his sacks came in two games. I thiink he played outta his mind. He'll be solid, but won't continue to put up numbers like this year.
                            Their corners lack depth and they need a safety. It'll be tough for a lower round safety to really provide an impact.

I really think Moss is key. I would like to see them trade a 2nd or a 3rd round pick for moss and throw in a conditional next year. Then trade down with their first draft miller and a back with their second.
                            Sign Corey Dillion to a 1-2 year deal just to have a veteran.
                            I agree with ya on olson, unless he drops to the second, which I don't think he will, then I don't want him, the packers were a top 5 team last year when it comes to sacks, thats not any sort of need, we do need a saftey, don't know where but we do need a saftey but, I willing to give underwood a chance but thats not something we can even come close to depending on

Originally posted by princefielder28
                            Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                              Olsen cant block, but Bubba definatly can. Whats wrong with getting 6 sacks in 2 games anyway?
                              Olsen would be a great pickup. Look at red-zone offense and tell me how much we needed a blocking TE versus a receiving TE. Olsen would be able to go down the seam and punish teams that choose to double or triple DD. Also, we won't be keeping 7 players in to block hopefully, so we need a TE, FB and RB that can all catch the ball in the passing game and be threats to move the chains and *gasp* SCORE!

Kampman still had 9.5 sacks in 14 games. Which is still solid, and maybe you forgot that he broke Ezra's season tackle record for a d-lineman. How good is Kampman going to be now that TT has resigned Jenkins, who the coaches finally figuered out will be a heckuva DE, sliding to DT on passing downs?

Were I TT...

I'd pick up Grant Wistrom at a reasonable price, look over Atlanta's linemen to see if there's anyone worth getting now that they're switching schemes, bring in Trey Teague to see if he's medically sound and sign him if he is, then I'd work Draft magic to move down in the first round and get Greg Olsen or see if LaRon Landry fell to me. Then get FB Leonard, maybe a CB, Chris Henry in the 4th, a versatile and athletic OL to round out the line, and see if there was was a gem to be discovered at QB.

After the draft, wait for all the after-draft cuts, then look over who might be a nice veteran presence, particularly at WR and CB.
                              The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information