Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Packers-Steelers, Week 15 (potential clinch week)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bell over Bush is good. I've barely seen anything from Bell, but I can safely say he's better than Bush. I'd really like to see us go out and sign a veteran corner to play nickel.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Try Martin at nickel, he can't be any worse that those 2 bums. Cut Bush and dress Giordano for STs.

Comment

What I think cost you the game outside of playing prevent with no pass rush towards the end was the lack of running game. Yeah Grant had one good run, but you didn't keep attacking the Steelers with the run.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
          What I think cost you the game outside of playing prevent with no pass rush towards the end was the lack of running game. Yeah Grant had one good run, but you didn't keep attacking the Steelers with the run.
          Packers don't run although Ryan Grant will probably end up having pretty good numbers. The Packers don't run to setup the pass, it's the other way around which has been great and frustrating at some points during the MM era.

I think the Packers want to be the Arizona Cardinals which the biggest difference between the 2 (outside the fact that Aaron is good, not sure if he's close to Warner and I love Driver/Jennings but they aren't bolden/fitz) is the o-line.

The packers oline has been better of late but still inconsistent.
          Rock Jock

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox

Comment

Just unbelievable, everyone person I know has been calling for Jarret Bush's head the last 2 years atleast and still its just amazing how the **** he is still on our team. He can't cover, flag machine and he blows at special teams too. O and I don't ever recall the guy making a single decent play. Crosby's garbage and we might as well find someone because he ****ing blows. Pretty simple 34 yard fg, he would have made it we would have won. Last drive was terrible, opportunity after opportunity to end the game and we blow it. Then some guy I have no idea who was out covering by himself on the last play of the game. Tough tough loss to take.

Bright side is no matter if the Giants win were still one game up on them two if they lose. Still have the tiebreaker over the Cowboy's. So we control what happens and I expect a better showing next week against the Seahawks at home. Hopefully Ted will pull his head out of his *** and get rid of Crosby and Bush. Tired of it....

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
              It would have been nice to establish the run and burn some clock but overall the offense wasn't really the problem. We put up 36 points, unfortunately our defense just wasn't able to get a stop when it mattered.

Comment

It was a really great game but I'm pissed that we loss. Sometimes this coaching staff just baffles me and running that prevent defense at the end of the game did just that. Not to take anything away from the Steelers but this is a game that we should have won.

Positives of the game for the Packers:

1) Only allowed 1 sack which was on a screen pass

2) Clay Matthews reaching 10 sack, setting a new Packers rookie record for sacks. Although he should have had 3 sacks and a FF in that game...

3) Jennings breaking loose for a long TD. About time!

4) Finley is really proving to be a matchup problem for opposing defenses.

5) Brad Jones flashing potential. Nice to see a 7th round guy contributing and rebounding after a poor game.

6) Aaron Rodgers rebounding after a terrible start to finish with a great statistical game and getting us the lead late.

Its a tough loss to take right now but hopefully they'll bounce back against the Seahawks next week. We need to get to 10 or 11 wins so lets have a short memory on this one and focus on next week.

Comment

I won't sleep well tonight knowing Mason Crosby and Jarrett Bush are still on the team.

Comment

Well, at least the Vikings are getting hammered tonight. That makes this loss a little better.

Comment

Still don't see how the refs could rob Clay of his sack, FF, and recovery. I thought that was a very bad call. We gave up over 500 yards of passing thats pretty bad.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
                        Still don't see how the refs could rob Clay of his sack, FF, and recovery. I thought that was a very bad call. We gave up over 500 yards of passing thats pretty bad.
                        That was just a terrible reversal. Matthews clearly had his hand on the ball as Bens hand was moving forward. I knew things weren't going to go our when after that play was reversed.

Comment

Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
                          I thought I could possibly see how it could be viewed as having Ben's arm going forward, but it was so borderline that I thought they would just go with the original call. I guess I didn't see indisputable evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Regular View Post
                            I won't sleep well tonight knowing Mason Crosby and Jarrett Bush are still on the team.

Yep, lost by one point that field goal would have helped. Also, Pat Lee better be heathy next season, because Bush is not a corner. Leave him as a back up safety.

Comment

Originally posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
                              Yep, lost by one point that field goal would have helped. Also, Pat Lee better be heathy next season, because Bush is not a corner. Leave him as a back up safety.
                              Leave him on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by jackalope View Post
                                Bell over Bush is good. I've barely seen anything from Bell, but I can safely say he's better than Bush. I'd really like to see us go out and sign a veteran corner to play nickel.
                                Bell looks like the goat because it was the last play and all but he was right there on the play and he even had his arm between Wallace's arms but the throw was perfect and so was the catch. Bell should be our nickel in the upcoming games and hopefully Underwood is healthy enough to play. Bush should only be a ST guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information