Week 16 Packers-Seahawks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 16 Packers-Seahawks

Well, I guess we have atleast one story line to follow heading in to this week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-tapp-bit-him/

Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers claims that Darryl Tapp bit him last year.

"Yeah, he bit me through my long sleeve that I was wearing," Rodgers said Wednesday, per Greg Bedard of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "There wasn't a whole lot of words spoken. I looked down and my arm was hurt and it felt like a bee sting. I was looking down and he was biting my arm so I had to get his teeth off my shoulder.

...Not that they need any extra motivation with the playoffs looming, but it's interesting nonetheless.

This game is a MUST win. I'd love to win out to ensure a playoff bearth but we need to win this one to put the pressure on the Giants.

Comment

Not to call Rodgers a liar or anything....but...

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/80007692.html

The play in question, Tapp has a full cage helmet with his chinstrap buckled tight and a mouthguard in. Somehow I just dont think Tapp bit him.
      "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Well ... outside of the Tapp/Rodgers stuff anything else exciting about this game? My dad & I are flying in from Detroit for a first time to Lambeau Field trip! Looking forward to the frozen tundra part (borrowed some Carhart's to fit in) and will look forward to visiting several local establishments in GB.
        Go Pack ... I hope you do make the play offs!

By the way what are the local GB hot spots? Hook a brotha up ;o)

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post
          Well ... outside of the Tapp/Rodgers stuff anything else exciting about this game? My dad & I are flying in from Detroit for a first time to Lambeau Field trip! Looking forward to the frozen tundra part (borrowed some Carhart's to fit in) and will look forward to visiting several local establishments in GB.
          Go Pack ... I hope you do make the play offs!

Usually The Bar (actual name) or the Stadium View Bar are good places to go right around the stadium. Brett Favre's Steakhouse if you want a nice dinner and are staying in proximity to the stadium. There's a Hooters in the neighborhood or the Tilted Kilt which is kinda the same thing but more of an irish pub setting.

I'm from Appleton which is like 30 minutes from Green Bay so maybe someone who lives there can give you a better idea of where to go.

Comment

Yeah I'm from Oshkosh, so I couldn't tell you the best local spots, but I do know no matter who the Packers are playing...Just going to a Packer game in the snow is an experience in and of itself.

As far as other "exciting" storylines I guess there's the 2 playoff games Green bay beat Seattle in the past couple years. Hasselback going from back up here to starter in Seattle then saying "we want the ball, we're gonna score" in OT are always some things I (love to) remember when the two teams meet up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzpowxGfVFE

Never gets old.

Comment

Ryan Grant's big fumble to start divisional round of the playoffs against the Seahawks followed by his 200 yards rushing in that game was another moment to remember for me.

Comment

Now that I'm home from school I can go to a game, yay! Too bad the Seahawks have been struggling but at least it could be a playoff clinching game

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                  Ryan Grant's big fumble to start divisional round of the playoffs against the Seahawks followed by his 200 yards rushing in that game was another moment to remember for me.
                  I worked in a concession stand for that game to raise money for our Rugby club's road trip the following summer... I nearly called in a bomb threat when the Packers were down 14-0.

It's damn near impossible to serve a brat with a smile when you think your team's season is over in the 1st quarter of a playoff game. Whewwww.

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                    Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers claims that Darryl Tapp bit him last year.
                    Tapp= one Lucky guy.

Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
                    Not to call Rodgers a liar or anything....but...

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/80007692.html

The play in question, Tapp has a full cage helmet with his chinstrap buckled tight and a mouthguard in. Somehow I just dont think Tapp bit him.
                    Look at the pics, it obviously happened.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by SINCE1978 View Post

http://www.titletownbrewing.com/

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

We should be able to pull this one out.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                          Tapp= one Lucky guy.

Look at the pics, it obviously happened.

I did look at the pics. It would be physically impossible for Tapp to bite him through all that protective gear. All I see is Rodgers getting pissed about something and shoving his head into the turf. Maybe he got pinched or something, but a bite? No way.
                          "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
                            I did look at the pics. It would be physically impossible for Tapp to bite him through all that protective gear. All I see is Rodgers getting pissed about something and shoving his head into the turf. Maybe he got pinched or something, but a bite? No way.
                            His arm could've gotten into the facemask, its not impossible. I still think its a pinch but really who gives a flying ****? Its a slow news week during a holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                              If you're looking for something close to the stadium then this isn't the greatest option, seeing as it's a little drive from the stadium

If you go along Holmgren Way, you'll find something good

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information