2011 Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
    You cant base anything about him on one game that you watched. I watched the same game and yeah he didn't play all that well. You have to take his whole body of work. I agree about his run defense, however, I think if he were to gain about 5-10 pounds he would be able to hold up much better.
    It wasn't based on the one game. That game just confirmed everything I thought from what I've seen previously.

Your statement about him offering nothing in coverage is ridiculous. He has 1 INT, 6 pass break ups, and 7 passes defended this year.

For comparison, a guy that a lot of us like, Justin Houston, only had 2 pass break ups on the year. So if Miller offers nothing in coverage, I would hate to imagine what Houston can do.
    Yeah, because passes defended and interceptions are are great measure of coverage ability. Also funny that you would mention Miller's interception, but not Houston's.

Comment

With James Starks I don't think that TT will draft RB early. Too bad because the beast Mikel Leshoure is entering the draft and he could really flourish in the NFL. I still think OL has to be the point of emphasis. Wouldn't mind seeing Stefan Wisniewski, Gabe Carimi, or John Moffitt in a Packers uniform. Also, Lee Ziemba could be a dominant run blocking RT. Keep ARod clean. However, what if TT does not resign James Jones? WR round 1, there could be some good options.

Comment

i would argue that (after walden showed up) kick/punt returne.r is far and away our #1 draft need. granted i think OLB opposite matthews is still a big void, but i think the return game has been lacking BIG TIME, and better field position time in and time out would take this team to the next level.

Needs:

1.KR/PR (jerrel jernigan PLEASE)
        2.OLB
        3.LG (replace colledge finally)
        4.WR
        5.OT
        6.DE
        7.SS
        8.QB (flynn possibly traded?)

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mike88 View Post
          Come on now.
          back to reality here..... This is the Green Bay Packers right, Ted Thompson still here?

They will not cut James Starks unless he totally F's up the game in Philly. They like him, a lot. They think he's going to be better than Ryan Grant is, starting in 2011 or 2012.
          Ted has shown to target the best free agents at positions of need and target/sign multiple free agents in a offseason, but for him to throw that much money in one offseason is not "Ted like"

Comment

Originally posted by nlgb1 View Post
            i would argue that (after walden showed up) kick/punt returne.r is far and away our #1 draft need. granted i think OLB opposite matthews is still a big void, but i think the return game has been lacking BIG TIME, and better field position time in and time out would take this team to the next level.

Needs:

1.KR/PR
            (jerrel jernigan PLEASE)
            2.OLB
            3.LG (replace colledge finally)
            4.WR
            5.OT
            6.DE
            7.SS
            8.QB (flynn possibly traded?)
            Ugh, is that really what you think is holding us back? I mean it would be nice to even have a descent return man but to list that as our number 1 need?

Comment

Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
              Ugh, is that really what you think is holding us back? I mean it would be nice to even have a descent return man but to list that as our number 1 need?
              well our only other obvious needs are OLB and OT. walden has played impressively, and while it is still a pressing need, its not as urgent as it once was. OT is another big one, but with cliftons resurgence this year, that another that isnt so urgent. Colledge could also use replacing, but hes decent enough in pass protection.

The reason i think WR/KR/PR is such a huge need is because of the fact that a steady return man increases offensive production exponentially. winning the field position battle is a MAJOR part of the game, and a top flight returner is a cheap way to increase offensive output.

I would argue that Jernigan is the #1 candidate for us in the late 1st because:

1. adds the element of speed to the offense that we dont currently have at all
              2. is a perfect replacement for driver at the slot, and probably a huge upgrade.
              3. from scott wrights scouting report, has top intangibles, and we know how much ted likes that
              4. would be a top returner for years, and would improve this team at so many different levels

i cant think of a position to draft that would have the same effect that a quality WR/KR/PR would. feel free to add input if you think im off here

Comment

i cant think of a position to draft that would have the same effect that a quality WR/KR/PR would. feel free to add input if you think im off here
                I've already put in my input earlier in this thread. CB, OT, and OLB in any order.

Comment

Top 10 Kick Returners in 2010:

Brad Smith - 4th
                  Eric Weems - Undrafted
                  LaRod Stephens-Howling - 7th
                  Stefan Logan - Undrafted
                  Brandon Tate - 3rd
                  Michhael Spurlock - Undrafted
                  Leon Washington - 4th
                  Marc Mariani - Undrafted
                  Brandon Banks - Undrafted
                  Deji Karim - 6th

Not a single player taken higher than the 3rd round and half of them were undrafted.

Comment

Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                    I've already put in my input earlier in this thread. CB, OT, and OLB in any order.
                    why CB? we have 3 VERY solid players there, but i guess we could use a dime DB... but a top 3 need? wow

Comment

why CB? we have 3 VERY solid players there, but i guess we could use a dime DB... but a top 3 need? wow
                      Woodson is on the back end of his career though and given the way the game has transformed into a passing league, the importance of solid players across the board in the secondary has never been higher...

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                        Woodson is on the back end of his career though and given the way the game has transformed into a passing league, the importance of solid players across the board in the secondary has never been higher...
                        sure but he is still a GREAT player, not to mention hes not even our top cover corner anymore. and shields to boot? i just dont understand the clamor for another DB. i cant argue their importance however, you can never have too many quality dbs.
                        Last edited by nlgb1; 01-12-2011, 08:22 PM.

Comment

I'd love to add a top tier corner, like Brandon Harris or Jimmy Smith, but if it comes to us addressing the position later in the draft, i'd like to see Richmond's Justin Rogers targeted...he's been great while being a spider and offers tons of upside on special teams

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                            I'd love to add a top tier corner, like Brandon Harris or Jimmy Smith, but if it comes to us addressing the position later in the draft, i'd like to see Richmond's Justin Rogers targeted...he's been great while being a spider and offers tons of upside on special teams
                            gimme a db that can be a top flight returner and im a happy man.

Comment

gimme a db that can be a top flight returner and im a happy man.
                              You know it doesn't have to be the same player. You can get a good returner in the 4th round or later.

Comment

You need more than 3 capable corners. If Woodson or Williams got injured we'd be screwed and back to Bush playing 60-70% of the snaps. Lee and Underwood both did not move forward at all this season and we need help. Shields has tons of potential, Williams is a #1 CB in my opinion and Woodson is getting old but still an elite playmaker but after them we have......crap. CB is a need OLB is a need, OL (C, OG, or OT to add depth but it all depends where they decide to stick Lang RT or LG).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information