Packers-Patriots, Week 15

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packers-Patriots, Week 15

So as it turns out, this is a completely meaningless game. Not a bad one to have Rodgers out for.

Meaningless in terms of the wildcard. Holds some significance if we still have any hope for the division.

I think the lack of a gameday thread was the sole reason we lost to Detroit, so hopefully this helps us out.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

thank you to Detroit and Philadelphia for thier victories today, it will make tonight's beating be somewhat less painful

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I still think the Packers can pull off an upset. Matthews vs. Light? Plus with Pickett and Raji working the lines, the Pats can turn one dimensional. Once that happens, who's the threat on the outside to stop Capers from sending the house? They use a lot of 2 TE sets to make up for a lack of a WR threat

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
          Once that happens, who's the threat on the outside to stop Capers from sending the house?
          Tom Brady and 5 eligible receivers

I think Flynn has a solid game tonight. There is literally zero game film on him - last week and preseason don't count because this is the first time we are actually making a game plan for Matt Flynn. Patriots are going to have to read and react more and their weekly preparation isn't going to help as much as it would normally. Mostly though I think Flynn will quarterback a solid game with a full week of practice and preparation both physical and mental to be the starter.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
            Tom Brady and 5 eligible receivers

I think Flynn has a solid game tonight. There is literally zero game film on him - last week and preseason don't count because this is the first time we are actually making a game plan for Matt Flynn. Patriots are going to have to read and react more and their weekly preparation isn't going to help as much as it would normally. Mostly though I think Flynn will quarterback a solid game with a full week of practice and preparation both physical and mental to be the starter.
            This isn't the same Pats team as last year, or the 16-0 team. They're more like the past Pats teams and use a lot of TE sets. Plus, they like to lined up their TEs as WRs in the slots when they do those type of packages.
            Last edited by PACKmanN; 12-19-2010, 06:43 PM.

Comment

This isn't the same Pats team as last year, or the 16-0 team. They're more like the past Pats teams and use a lot of TE sets. Plus, they like to lined up their TEs as WRs in the slots when they do those type of packages.
              They can drop back and throw a quick hot route faster than Clay Matthews can beat a big bag of sand and sack Brady. Gronkowski and Hernandez are both good receivers. They use Hernandez a lot like we use Finley and he is physically somewhat similar. Now that I think about it their offense is almost exactly what we would be doing if Finley was healthy and our offensive line was a little better: like good enough to rush for a healthy YPC playing off the pass first mentality, and good enough to stall a jailbreak blitz for just long enough.

Plus their running game is pretty respectable. I expect us to stop it since we've stopped pretty much everyone except the big power running teams (ATL, MIA) but I seriously question our ability to both cover 5 guys and get pressure on Brady on a consistent basis.
              Last edited by umphrey; 12-19-2010, 07:06 PM.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                They can drop back and throw a quick hot route faster than Clay Matthews can beat a big bag of sand and sack Brady. Gronkowski and Hernandez are both good receivers. They use Hernandez a lot like we use Finley and he is physically somewhat similar. Now that I think about it their offense is almost exactly what we would be doing if Finley was healthy and our offensive line was a little better: like good enough to rush for a healthy YPC playing off the pass first mentality, and good enough to stall a jailbreak blitz for just long enough.

Plus their running game is pretty respectable. I expect us to stop it since we've stopped pretty much everyone except the big power running teams (ATL, MIA) but I seriously question our ability to both cover 5 guys and get pressure on Brady on a consistent basis.
                the Packers' DB have faced much faster, or stronger, WRs compared to the Patriots. They seem to have a dangerous passing attack because Brady spreads the ball more since they lack a number one threat. Sure, it makes it more challenging in some aspects, but they do not have that one guy they can rely on, nor do they have deep talent at the wide out position. Tate, at 6-1 190-200ish is their biggest WR; woodson, Williams, and Sheilds should be able to jam them at the line and push them around to create more time for Clay to get to Brady

Comment

the Packers' DB have faced much faster, or stronger, WRs compared to the Patriots.
                  While that may be true, just look at last weeks lack of communication in the secondary. Its becoming a common theme back there and that worries me much more than our lack of ability to cover everyone. Combined that with the poor tackling that we've seen and its a reciepe for disaster.

In order to win, let alone even stay in this game, we need to be able to run the ball, limit turnovers, wrap up tackle, and force a few turnovers ourself.

Patriots 38 Packers 13

Comment

Was so stoked when the Eagles pulled off the comeback. Detroit winning makes up for them beating the Pack last week

now the Packers control their OWN destiny again. That is all that matters. The team can come out loose today knowing that a loss doesn't really hurt their playoff chances. After the Eagles incredible comeback, who knows, maybe the Pack just pull this one off

Comment

Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                      While that may be true, just look at last weeks lack of communication in the secondary. Its becoming a common theme back there and that worries me much more than our lack of ability to cover everyone. Combined that with the poor tackling that we've seen and its a reciepe for disaster.

In order to win, let alone even stay in this game, we need to be able to run the ball, limit turnovers, wrap up tackle, and force a few turnovers ourself.

Patriots 38 Packers 13
                      While I don't see us winning, I also don't see New England putting up 38 points on us. We are still the #1 scoring defense.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

With Rodgers I would have actually really liked our chances. I think we match up with the Patriots pretty well. I'd have put it at 50-50. With Flynn I give us a 15% chance. That's kind of high for a first time starting QB against the best team in the NFL, but again I like how we match up. I think our defense can contain Brady and their offense decently enough. I'll predict 24-10 with a Flynn to James Jones TD.

Comment

pack pull off the stunner 24-20

Comment

who do the Giants play the last week?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by jackalope View Post
                              While I don't see us winning, I also don't see New England putting up 38 points on us. We are still the #1 scoring defense.
                              Can our offense hold the ball long enough to let our defense rest? Thats going to be the question. Just like the Redskins game we couldn't get going offensively and our defense eventually wore down. I don't see us being able to run the ball nor Flynn being able to sustain long drives.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information