Packers @ Bears *NFC Championship*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks amigo.
    My good friend who lives in AZ and is a true die-hard Viking fan, has been telling me all year long that the Bears are the luckiest team in the NFL. I actually thought the Vikings were, until week 1 this season when Calvin Johnson beat the Bears and the refs magically shocked all 70,000 in Solider Field, and all 5 million watching at home, and said somehow he didn't catch it and the Bears win.

We've been laughing and bitching about all the breaks they've had this year.

Now he points out that because the Packers are a better team, but a faster team, better passing attack, look for the weather in Chicago to be as windy, slippery, slow, wet as possible because that would be an advantage to the Bears.

Anyone got a long-range forecast?
    I still believe the super duper way below-zero weather 3 years ago hurt us (Favre) big time. Had that been warmer, he wouldn't have been that horrible.

Comment

The weather forecast looks to be about 20 degrees, sunny, with winds around 15-20 mph

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Sounds like a good day in all honesty. The wind affects both teams

Comment

We aren't really built the greatest for cold weather, but neither are the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
            We aren't really built the greatest for cold weather, but neither are the Bears.
            I don't think we're "built" for it either, but you can't deny the relative success Rodgers has had in it.

Dec. 7, 2009 -- vs Ravens -- 30 degrees -- W, 27-14
            Dec. 13, 2009 -- @ Bears -- 37 degrees, W, 21-14
            Dec. 27, 2009 -- vs Seahawks -- 25 degrees -- W, 48-10
            Dec. 5, 2010 -- vs 49ers -- 27 degrees -- W, 34-16
            Dec. 26, 2010 -- vs Giants -- 27 degrees -- W, 45-17
            Jan. 2, 2010 -- vs Bears -- 20 degrees -- W, 10-3
            Jan. 9, 2010 -- @ Eagles -- 30 degrees -- W, 21-16

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
            they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
            Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

I never did. Just saying that when people think of cold weather teams they think of a power run game and top run defense. We favor the pass on both sides.

Comment

It would be really nice if Starks runs for 80-100 yards and we can use our play action game for short to intermediate routes. However the key to the game once again starts with our OL. If they can continue to play to the level that they have been the Packers win, if they don't, it will be a nail biter.

Comment

Whoever loses talk about adding insult to injury. Not only did you fall 1 game short of the SB but you just let your division rival in. I am going to pray every single second until next Sunday that we aren't the ones jumping off bridges or out windows. I really wish it wouldn't have came to this but man if we come out on top it will be one of the greatest days ever.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

I hate playing the Bears. Wait let me rephrase that. I hate playing the Bears defense. There's nothing better than the rivalry, the emotion, and now the all-in stakes. I hate playing the Bears defense though because they know our offense. Their DBs know they actually have to tackle WRs or they are going to break off a big play. They know blitzing 5+ guys and playing man is going to get them burned 75% of the time. They run a defense that keeps safeties deep and the offense in front of them and it's really hard to get big plays. We have to move the chains slowly and run 10+ consecutive plays without a sack, big penalty, or turnover to score most times. I'm not happy to say it but I have a feeling that our Starks luck is going to run out with the extra game tape playing against the best linebackers (by far) we've seen in awhile. Last, I hate Julius Peppers, because he can get to Rodgers any passing play, he's probably too fast for Rodgers to outrun, and he gets up for big games.

I pick the Packers (obviously) but it's almost a coin toss in my mind. Maybe like 55/45 %s for win: Packers/Bears.

Also, I get nervous when we get too much media love. They call us the team to beat, the hottest team in the league. Ask New Englad how that worked out for them.

Another thought: I'm very nervous about James Jones and to a lesser extent Tramon Williams. Yes, the same 2 that had career days (well Jones has had better). Early in the first quarter I said "James Jones is playing like he has a chip on his shoulder and wants to make a statement" (make up for the big drop last week) and he followed with a great game including a beautiful TD catch. He was actually focused. Coming off a high like that he is due to be over confident and have a mental lapse. Tramon Williams and his 3 INTs in 2 playoff games went from an unknown outside of Wisconsin to a media darling almost overnight. I hope he handles the lovin responsibly.
                    Last edited by umphrey; 01-17-2011, 06:16 PM.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Their biggest weapon in this game should be Olsen but don't be surprised if he ends up invisible. Why? The genius, Martz, is going to want him to sit there and block against our lethal pass rush. He doesn't like only having 5 blockers and he's going to believe his genius pass system will be able to torch our DBs.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

I can't stand when people say things like that. The media has no control on the outcome of the game. The players might be aware of what they're saying, but it does not influence how they play. They aren't going to half ass it because Terry Bradshaw, Ron Jaworski, and Woody Paige think they are the favorites.

Comment

Agreed. Hell, the media was all over them heading into the game vs ATL and look what happened

Watch some of the vids on the Packers website, the players are in the mindset that they are the underdogs throughout this entire playoffs(being the #6 seed) so the media hype means nothing to them. It's just fans who think much of it...

if the Packers lose, it wont' be because of all the media hype they are getting

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                            I hate playing the Bears. Wait let me rephrase that. I hate playing the Bears defense.
                            Yeah, Lovie's defense always plays Mac's offense tough.

Good news could be they have Cutler at QB.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                            they get smoked.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
                              Their biggest weapon in this game should be Olsen but don't be surprised if he ends up invisible. Why? The genius, Martz, is going to want him to sit there and block against our lethal pass rush. He doesn't like only having 5 blockers and he's going to believe his genius pass system will be able to torch our DBs.
                              Why do people think so little of Martz? The guy has one hell of a resume and took Cutler and made him, I'm quoting ESPN, "consistent". He actually got him to stop throwing picks and put together an offense with mostly garbage OL, a bunch of #3 quality receivers, and Forte is actually pretty good. The week 6 Seahawks game where he called I believe 46 passes and 15 runs was borderline ******** though. The Redskins game where Cutler threw 4 picks all to the same guy was ********...of Cutler.
                              Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                              I can't stand when people say things like that. The media has no control on the outcome of the game. The players might be aware of what they're saying, but it does not influence how they play. They aren't going to half ass it because Terry Bradshaw, Ron Jaworski, and Woody Paige think they are the favorites.
                              I don't know what effects it has but it's greater than zero. 90% of the players probably ignore it. Historically there are plenty of cases where you can say it "probably" had an impact but it's not a measurable quantity, ever, in any way. I think what happens is the media jumps all over the Patriots and they get perceived as Goliaths, a lock, and in fans minds they feel like they can't lose. However, there is a hell of a lot of parity, especially in the playoffs where there isn't a single team playing a rookie just to break him in. Thus, when the Patriots lost, it got a ton of attention because in peoples minds it was a massive upset but in reality the teams were very close in talent.

My point is the talking heads will have very little if any effect on the outcome of the game, but it makes me nervous for probably an irrational reason.

And, final note, the talking heads are dumb. Dumb as rocks. Mostly old senile morons that skated through school because of football and then accumulated 12 concussions that never got diagnosed and abused a **** load of painkillers along the way.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=6031703

Brent picks the pack...

they get smoked.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information