Question about Green Bay's Pick at 16

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Green Bay's Pick at 16

Let's assume Green Bay does not trade up or down, and that Lynch and Peterson are off the board.

Do you guys think Green Bay will take Greg Olsen at 16? Or are you more focused on a WR at this point?

I am making a mock, and am so tempted to put Robert Meachem to the Packers at 16.

Thoughts?
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

I answed you in the discussion thread.

I'm really thinking that we wouldn't do either. I really don't want a TE in the first round. We can get someone later in the draft and TT should be able to find one. Is it a need, yes. Is it a need that warrents the #16 pick, no. Going in with Franks, Lee, and a 2-5 round TE would be fine. i'd rather get more value in the first.

As for WR, we talk a lot about getting Moss, which I would love to happen, but if we don't I'm not sure we go WR in the first. Most of the players I like that were in our range earlier have moved up(Landry, Okoye, etc.). If we could get either of those two or Lynch that would be the pick. If not the next best thing would be to move down in the mid 20s and get Griffin while picking up more picks. If that's not possible I guess Nelson, eventhough i'm not a fan. Mrachem would be next followed by Olsen. In no way do I want Ginn.
    Just my quick thoughts.

Comment

I saw that now. Thanks

I think Green Bay has to go offense in round one. I agree that Ginn is not a good choice for them. I can just imagine Favre shaking his head in disbelief as Ginn continually messes up his routes.

I think Olsen is a good pick, but I can see why you would want to go in another direction.

I did a co-mock with Scotty D a week ago and we had GB taking Olsen in the first, and Antonio Pittman in the 2nd . . . what do you guys think of this?
      R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
        I saw that now. Thanks

I think Green Bay has to go offense in round one. I agree that Ginn is not a good choice for them. I can just imagine Favre shaking his head in disbelief as Ginn continually messes up his routes.

I think Olsen is a good pick, but I can see why you would want to go in another direction.

I did a co-mock with Scotty D a week ago and we had GB taking Olsen in the first, and Antonio Pittman in the 2nd . . . what do you guys think of this?
        Not a big fan of Antonio Pittman, I would prefer Tony Hunt. One person I am very intrigued by in round 2, even though it may be a reach, is WR Aundrae Allison.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
          Not a big fan of Antonio Pittman, I would prefer Tony Hunt. One person I am very intrigued by in round 2, even though it may be a reach, is WR Aundrae Allison.
          Didn't Hunt run a slow 40 time? I think the middle of round 2 might be a reach for him.

If you want a 2nd round receiver, then who do you take in round one? Reggie Nelson?
          R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Didn't Hunt run a slow 40 time? I think the middle of round 2 might be a reach for him.

If you want a 2nd round receiver, then who do you take in round one? Reggie Nelson?
            Probably and then RB in round 3

Comment

We're not drafting him to play track
              I would like Olsen in the 1st or Nelson, WR would only be a 3rd option for me

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I saw that now. Thanks

I agree that going offense would be better, even though I listed like all defense. The thing is there aren't many offensive players that I like around our pick. There is Lynch but if he is gone all that is left for first round offense is Olsen and WRs.

After RB there is no position that needs an upgrade more than the others. S, WR, TE and DT would be the other positions that we could go. Which one I'm not sure of.

With safety we have Manual who is not as bad as we make him seem and he could be a starter again. Behind him we have Underwood who as you might have guessed I absolutely love. I would really like to give him a chance and think he could be a starter if not this year in the future. There are few safeties I would want in the draft. Landry I would take right away if given the chance. Griffin with the trade down would be ok also. Nelson I don't like but him and Merriwether(not in the first) could be considered but I'd rather not. After that there is no safety I would draft.

At WR we do have Driver and Jennings as our 1 and 2. I would prefer to not use it for a guy to come and be a #3. 3rd WRs can be found in later rounds.

TE is a need but I've already explained why I don't want one.

DT while not a huge need could help out the defense. The only reason I put this was for Okoye, although he looks to be more of a sure thing to be gone than Lynch. I would consider Tyler at the appropriate pick though that looks to be early second. Williams and Cole can combine to make the side next to Pickett, So as you see there aren't many options to go.

Comment

For WR I want Meachem then Bowe then Jarret. I don't like Nelson but he might be the option we are stuck with. I'm starting to warm up to him a bit, but still far from my first choice.

Comment

Love it or hate it, I am strongly considering Robert Meachem to the Packers in my next mock. Reggie Nelson and Greg Olsen are also available, but I just can't see them going defense in round one (especially since Nelson is supposedly slipping a bit). Olsen makes a lot of sense for GB, but you guys seem to be against it.

Toss Up: Greg Olsen or Robert Meachem at 16? All things aside, just answer the question.
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Love it or hate it, I am strongly considering Robert Meachem to the Packers in my next mock. Reggie Nelson and Greg Olsen are also available, but I just can't see them going defense in round one (especially since Nelson is supposedly slipping a bit). Olsen makes a lot of sense for GB, but you guys seem to be against it.

Toss Up: Greg Olsen or Robert Meachem at 16? All things aside, just answer the question.
                      There are actually quite a few that like Olsen in the first. I''m not one of them though.

Meachem

Comment

I tend to think that Favre would love to have a stud TE again. He hasn't had one since Mark Chmura . . . except maybe one year by Bubba Franks . . .
                        R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Greg Olsen runs a 40 in the 4.4s and with a LB covering him he could make some big plays compare to a rookie wideout against a corner

Comment

Olsen
                            You said it yourself, Favre likes his TE's. TE's also develop faster.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I've seen numerous places that they are focusing more on floor, rather than ceiling players. This makes me think they'll stay away from projects like Ginn and Olsen. I still think secondary will be the pick if they don't look at runningback and will take a guy like Leon Hall (though I think Hall will slip into the top 10 to the suprise of many), Darrelle Revis (who I've got at 13 to St.Louis), Reggie Nelson (a little high IMO), or Chris Houston. With all that said, I think Lynch is the pick.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information