No announcement yet.

Milwaukee Bucks Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can see why Yi is bummed about playing in Millwaukee with the language barrier and all, but that should just make him strive harder to learn english.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
      Even with that line up, its not like your going to make any noise in the playoffs this year, or even make the playoffs this year for that matter. If most first round picks dont live up to their potential than where do the good NBA players come from? Surely all of them werent undrafted or drafted in the 2nd round. Just face it, if Yi doesnt make it into a bucks uniform your front office failed and your franchise will suffer because of it.
      How do you know? Nobody has seen how ALL these guys perform together since they all suffered injuries throughout the season. Bobby Simmons even missed the entire season. Its the Eastern Conference so anything can happen and its a bit foolish to count anybody out at this point. Look around, the NBA isn't made up of just 1st round picks. Its pretty much 50/50 of 1st round picks vs 2nd rounder picks and undrafted's. How many lottery picks each year live up to their billing?

Yi will be a Buck, guaranteed.

Comment

• Originally posted by nbarnett56 View Post
        How do you know? Nobody has seen how ALL these guys perform together since they all suffered injuries throughout the season. Bobby Simmons even missed the entire season. Its the Eastern Conference so anything can happen and its a bit foolish to count anybody out at this point. Look around, the NBA isn't made up of just 1st round picks. Its pretty much 50/50 of 1st round picks vs 2nd rounder picks and undrafted's. How many lottery picks each year live up to their billing?

Yi will be a Buck, guaranteed.
        Look up about 2 posts, I said anythings possible but highly unlikely. You have made no improvement from last year other than players returning from injury. A lot of Eastern conference teams made great improvements. Im sorry I dont feel your beloved Bucks will do anything next year, I really hope I am wrong for the sake of your feelings little guy. If I was ranking the eastern conference teams Id rank the Bucks in the slightly higher than a team like the Hawks and around the same place as a team like the Bobcats. Theres a lot of promise and potential there but not enough to do anything next year.

Comment

Look up about 2 posts, I said anythings possible but highly unlikely. You have made no improvement from last year other than players returning from injury. A lot of Eastern conference teams made great improvements. Im sorry I dont feel your beloved Bucks will do anything next year, I really hope I am wrong for the sake of your feelings little guy. If I was ranking the eastern conference teams Id rank the Bucks in the slightly higher than a team like the Hawks and around the same place as a team like the Bobcats. Theres a lot of promise and potential there but not enough to do anything next year.
          I CANNOT POST IN A INTELLIGENT MANNER THEREFOR A MODERATOR HAD TO DELETE MY POST THANK YOU!
          Last edited by ccB; 07-19-2007, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Your simply making as assumption. The Bucks were billed as contenders last season when they traded for Villanueva. Injuries hit the team yet they finished with I believe the best record in the NBA in the month of December. I could care less where YOU rank them. You don't watch the Bucks, therefore I could give a **** what you think.

Little guy? Grow up. Funny how a moderator becomes a troll on these boards.
            How is stating my opinion being a troll? A troll is someone who posts just to get a reaction, I am posting to share my opinion with the world. There is no rule that says you have to agree with every thread created, what kind of sense would that make?

Also making the assumption that I dont watch the Bucks is silly, I am a subscriber to NBA league pass and during the basketball season I make it a point to watch games from ALL teams.

Also the Bucks were billed as contenders for what exactly? I never heard anyone billing the Bucks as contenders last year. The funny thing is I actually like the Bucks alot. I am a big Mo Williams and Charlie V fan. I was one of the only people who thought the Ford for CV thread was a good deal because I knew what Mo had in store with the league (BABY JKIDD WITH THE TRIPPLE DOUBLES!)
            Last edited by ccB; 07-19-2007, 11:44 AM.

Comment

How is stating my opinion being a troll? A troll is someone who posts just to get a reaction, I am posting to share my opinion with the world. There is no rule that says you have to agree with every thread created, what kind of sense would that make?

Also making the assumption that I dont watch the Bucks is silly, I am a subscriber to NBA league pass and during the basketball season I make it a point to watch games from ALL teams.
              As we are stating our opinions, yet you have to always come back saying we are wrong. Yet we are the ones following the team and watch the games. I highly doubt you watch all the games either. Unless you have absolutely no life, troll.

Comment

As we are stating our opinions, yet you have to always come back saying we are wrong. Yet we are the ones following the team and watch the games. I highly doubt you watch all the games either. Unless you have absolutely no life, troll.
                I didnt say I watched every game, watched enough to know what kind of teams the Bucks were. After they became depleted by injuries who would want to watch every game. Also whats the difference between you guys saying my opinions wrong and me saying your opinions wrong? So does that make you a troll for trying to incite a reaction from me? Its not like I came in here trashing anyone or your team. I came in to debate with you guys about your opinions. I didnt know this was "agree with what everyone says Countdown"
                Last edited by ccB; 07-19-2007, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• I'd like to clear up my stance on the Bucks for all of you wonderful people.

In no way do I think the Bucks are a horrible team, they have wonderful potential and a good core group of players. I just think they have had a sub par offseason and you guys are getting over your heads a bit with your expectations for next year. Sometimes it takes an unbias viewpoint to bring fans down to earth. I didnt post in this thread to incite a flame war. I like posting in all the basketball threads because it is my favorite sport( well second favorite after MMA) I think it is very possible for a team like the Bucks to make the playoffs next year and surprise people (see Toronto Raptors ) but IMO not a fact, the Bucks will not be a playoff team next year. I could be completely wrong, it happens from time to time :)

In order for the Bucks to make it to that next level Bogut and Villanueva are going to have to get tougher inside. They are soft right now but I credit that to age. I never viewed CV as a true PF he just doesnt have that type of game but his lack of foot speed makes it difficult to play him at the 3 which IMO is where his skill set best translates. This team has all the potential in the world, I just feel at the moment the selection of Yi was a mistake. Why would anyone want a player who doesnt want to be there? It just doesnt make sense. If Yi does play it seems like its more of a 3 year rental and than he will book via FA when hopefully he has reached his potential. I think Corey Brewer would have been a great pick for the bucks, he could be an instant starter and SF and add some toughness and great defensive play to the team.
                  Last edited by ccB; 07-19-2007, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                    Actually he can't even do that. The Bucks own his rights if he comes to the NBA.
                    I could swear I saw somewhere that if he doesn't play for anybody at all next year then he will be eligible to enter the draft again. I could be wrong about that though, and I actually hope I am because that would put the leverage even more in the Bucks hands.
                    Originally posted by njx9
                    i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
                      I could swear I saw somewhere that if he doesn't play for anybody at all next year then he will be eligible to enter the draft again. I could be wrong about that though, and I actually hope I am because that would put the leverage even more in the Bucks hands.
                      I think you are wrong, otherwise Franz Vasquez would have entered this draft. The best he can do is play in Europe somewhere or back in Asia.

Comment

• Illyasova to play for Barcelona. http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch.../2007&id=26667

We do retain his NBA rights for when/if he comes back. I'm almost positive we have Yi's NBA rights aswell, no matter when he decides to come.

Comment

• CCB, it is not Yi who doesn't want to be here; it is his representation and country. He just wants to play basketball in the NBA, and there are people who follow him that will not allow that to be in Milwaukee.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Desmond Mason will have his press conference tomorrow to be introduced as the newest member of the Milwaukee Bucks.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                              Desmond Mason will have his press conference tomorrow to be introduced as the newest member of the Milwaukee Bucks.
                              Nice
                              http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch.../2007&id=26765

Last edited by GB12; 07-22-2007, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• The Bucks should bring back Damon Jones just to throw the ball up to D-Mas on fast breaks.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information