Milwaukee Bucks Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
    His SAT scores didn't come in quick enough so he needed to make a decision to sit out a year and workout or play overseas and we all know his choice. He did make a comment about Rubio, but he explained that he has respect for Ricky and he views himself as one of the best and no one is going to take that away from him. Overall, he's a good kid who's maturing.

I think your underestimating what living in a foreign country without your usual necessities available and facing all the adversity of being an American "baller" with all this grown European men.
    Jennings couldn't pass Arizona's entrance exam, after multiple attempts, thats why he elected to go to Italy.

I like the pick in the sense that the Bucks need a true star player. Jennings has a high ceiling but I wonder how long it will take for his game to develop. Personally I thought that Jrue Holiday would have been a better and safer pick. He's more polished and I thought that his defensive ability would appeal to the Bucks.

Comment

• For what it's worth, Skip Bayless is a big fan of the Bucks' draft.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• bleh, I don't know much about Jennings except he averaged something like 5 ppg and 2 assists...awesome. We were the first team to pick a guy that didn't even show at the draft. I wanted Curry or Rubio really, but we could have at least taken Jrue.
        Last edited by umphrey; 06-27-2009, 12:57 AM.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

For what it's worth, Skip Bayless is a big fan of the Bucks' draft.
          I like our draft too. Both Jennings and Meeks have alot of potential but thats where the risk comes in. Higher the potential higher the risk and hopefully we'll get a high reward with Jennings.

On a different note, I see that the Bucks made a qualifying offer to Ramon Sessions. Its looking more and more like CV isn't going to be back.

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
          bleh, I don't know much about Jennings except he averaged something like 5 ppg and 2 assists...awesome. We were the first team to pick a guy that didn't even show at the draft. I wanted Curry or Rubio really, but we could have at least taken Jrue.
          I'm not a big fan of Rubio. Plus he's already pulling a Yi with the T'Wolves so there's no chance he'd want to play in Milwaukee either. Curry would give us a good shooter but he wasn't getting past the Knicks. I liked Holiday too so hopefully Jennings doesn't come back to bite us in the ass. This is the last year of Redd so we'll need someone to emerge this year.
          Last edited by cvv84; 06-27-2009, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• Yup, that maturity is really showing....

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The...andon_jennings

Comment

• He sounds like an idiot but whatever, the Bucks need a thug. They are such a soft team.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

• It's not the greatest thing in the world with what Brandon and his friend did, but that type of stuff has more to do with the culture that he was brought up in rather than his overall maturity. He is an inner-city minority from LA and I am going to leave it at that.

I think it's funny how you guys state that you wanted Jrue Holiday and part of the thought process was that he's more polished. Really? He played out of position his only year at UCLA and he wasn't overly impressive in his minutes against lower competition than Jennings. Holiday does have a ton of potential, not as much as Jennings, but he has more question marks on the court than Jennings. Jennings does have more baggage, but he does bring some attitude to a team that lacks in that department.

Comment

It's not the greatest thing in the world with what Brandon and his friend did, but that type of stuff has more to do with the culture that he was brought up in rather than his overall maturity. He is an inner-city minority from LA and I am going to leave it at that.

I think it's funny how you guys state that you wanted Jrue Holiday and part of the thought process was that he's more polished. Really? He played out of position his only year at UCLA and he wasn't overly impressive in his minutes against lower competition than Jennings. Holiday does have a ton of potential, not as much as Jennings, but he has more question marks on the court than Jennings. Jennings does have more baggage, but he does bring some attitude to a team that lacks in that department.
                  The thing is, HE ACTUALLY PLAYED, unlike Jennings. Hard to argue that he played against lesser competition either. How many Italian players got drafted? Let alone are in the NBA?

Comment

• Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                    The thing is, HE ACTUALLY PLAYED, unlike Jennings. Hard to argue that he played against lesser competition either. How many Italian players got drafted? Let alone are in the NBA?
                    Recent lottery picks Andrea Bargnani, Marco Belinelli and Danilo Gallianri are all from Italy. As the international game becomes stronger so will the leagues and prospects from overseas. Plus in addition to Italy's Series A, he also played in the Euroleague, the highest level of competition overseas.
                    Last edited by princefielder28; 06-28-2009, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Recent lottery picks Andrea Bargnani, Marco Belinelli and Danilo Gallianri are all from Italy. As the international game becomes stronger so will the leagues and prospects from overseas. Plus in addition to Italy's Series A, he also played in the Euroleague, the highest level of competition overseas.

Marco Belinelli wasn't a lottery pick, but my point is that none of the mentioned have become average NBA players. Bargnani is the closest yet he's widely been considered a huge disapointment. I'll give Gallianri a break due to rookie injuries but I don't think you have an argument that the internation game is better competition than the the collegiate game in the USA. I agree with you that the Bucks need some additude but they need something like Ryan Braun's swagger, not some guy saying n***er in every sentence.

Comment

• I just wanted to say thank you Milwaukee for giving me basically every reason NOT to give a crap about your team next season...

Yes it's all about money, but you are very clear in letting us all know you don't care to win in the near future.

Redd and Bogut can form a solid tandem I suppose, but what's going to be fun about rooting for a prima donna Jennings who already kinda bashed his own team? Blah, Idk. I'm excited to see this kid with the old school afro play, but not being much of a basketball fan anyway...Milwaukee hasn't given us much to look forward to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                          I just wanted to say thank you Milwaukee for giving me basically every reason NOT to give a crap about your team next season...

Yes it's all about money, but you are very clear in letting us all know you don't care to win in the near future.

Redd and Bogut can form a solid tandem I suppose, but what's going to be fun about rooting for a prima donna Jennings who already kinda bashed his own team? Blah, Idk. I'm excited to see this kid with the old school afro play, but not being much of a basketball fan anyway...Milwaukee hasn't given us much to look forward to.
                          Did you expect them to start winning right away? Larry Harris left the team in horrible cap shape and personally I think they've done a good job in creating future cap space.

Redd can become a free agent next year so I wouldn't rely on a future with him. Bogut was really emerging into a top tier center before injuries hit him last year. Luc Richard Mbah a Moute is at worst a very good 6th man and I really like how he's working out hard this offseason. Ramon Sessions is a pretty good PG but he could be trade bait if the Bucks re-sign him. Hopefully Joe Alexander can emerge into something, I think that will be key.

I agree with you on Jennings though. I think they need a little of the cocky additude but something more along the lines of Ryan Brauns swagger.

Comment

• Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
                            Did you expect them to start winning right away? Larry Harris left the team in horrible cap shape and personally I think they've done a good job in creating future cap space.

Redd can become a free agent next year so I wouldn't rely on a future with him. Bogut was really emerging into a top tier center before injuries hit him last year. Luc Richard Mbah a Moute is at worst a very good 6th man and I really like how he's working out hard this offseason. Ramon Sessions is a pretty good PG but he could be trade bait if the Bucks re-sign him. Hopefully Joe Alexander can emerge into something, I think that will be key.

I agree with you on Jennings though. I think they need a little of the cocky additude but something more along the lines of Ryan Brauns swagger.
                            You clearly know more about the Bucks and basketball than I do, so I've got to give you props on the insight. Still...their future is a lot of "ifs". If this guy pans out, if this guys stays, if if if ya know?

Maybe it's just some pent up frustration from way back when they traded Ray Allen away for 1 season of Gary Payton...I'll live.

Comment

You clearly know more about the Bucks and basketball than I do, so I've got to give you props on the insight. Still...their future is a lot of "ifs". If this guy pans out, if this guys stays, if if if ya know?

Maybe it's just some pent up frustration from way back when they traded Ray Allen away for 1 season of Gary Payton...I'll live.
                              Can we not bring that up? It still hurts too much. It's like that scab that doesn't go away but when you finally think it's gone then someone picks at it :(.

The Bucks are in a rebuilding mode so the ifs are going to be there because you're banking on youngsters to develop and be the core of your franchise.
                              Last edited by GB12; 07-01-2009, 11:22 PM. Reason: You made a double post instead of editing.

Comment

God what a horrible trade. Even to this day Allen is still a better player than Redd and we got **** in return. That really was the point that I gave up on the Bucks and the NBA.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information