No announcement yet.

Position Battles to watch

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Position Battles to watch

Going into training camp, there are a number of good position battles that should occur. Here are the ones I expect:

C: Chris Myers

Antoine Caldwell.

-I'm not a big fan of Myers, although he did have a solid season last year. He did a good job in pass pro this year, but could use improvement in the run game. Antoine Caldwell is also better in pass protection than run blocking, but he has a bigger body, and is more athletic than Myers. This will be an interesting battle, and it could very easily go either way, although Myers has experience on his side.

Advantage: Chris Myers

WLB: Xavier Adibi

Cato June

I think Xavier Adibi is the better option and has a lot of untapped potential. He's a great athlete, he's quick and strong, and has pretty good instincts. Cato June is very quick and experienced, but he is very undersized.

Advantage: Xavier Adibi

CB: Jacques Reeves

Fred Bennett

Jacques Reeves has the speed advantage, but that's it. The guy can't cover a ham sandwich. Bennett has optimum size, good speed and quickness, and although he had a down season, he could come back and surprise.

Advantage: Fred Bennett

These will be interesting to watch through training camp. Feel free to post any more that I failed to mention.

Kubiak said Caldwell is already pushing for a starting job, at C and possibly RG. I wouldn't be surprised to see him supplant Myers by midseason.

I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

Debug Information