This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iloxygenil
    I think Schaub could be had for a first round pick this year and maybe a pick based on how well / often he plays next season. Making it worth up to a first round pick but more likely a 3rd rounder.
    I don't want Schaub, I want someone mobile who can run the ball as well as pass the ball. Damnit I want VINCE!!

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06
      Originally posted by iloxygenil
      I think Schaub could be had for a first round pick this year and maybe a pick based on how well / often he plays next season. Making it worth up to a first round pick but more likely a 3rd rounder.
      I don't want Schaub, I want someone mobile who can run the ball as well as pass the ball. Damnit I want VINCE!!
      Become a Titans fan...and by the way...Vince doesnt throw very well

Comment

• Why should we bring any QB in. We got a capable back-up in Sage that if everyone is so upset about DC could take over. Our resources would be better off bringing in other talent.

Comment

• I say bring in Jeff Garcia, and have him battle it out with Sage. Dayne could take the need out of a running back, although if we could get AP, we should get him. I'm glad Troy Calhoun is gone. We need new interior lineman and a 3rd WR. We need Nate Clements or Asante Samuel. Our safeties are not awful, we just don't have enough great players to make them look better. Dunta is our only above average back there and he's been shakey. Fix up the DTs.

Comment

• Originally posted by America
            I say bring in Jeff Garcia, and have him battle it out with Sage. Dayne could take the need out of a running back, although if we could get AP, we should get him. I'm glad Troy Calhoun is gone. We need new interior lineman and a 3rd WR. We need Nate Clements or Asante Samuel. Our safeties are not awful, we just don't have enough great players to make them look better. Dunta is our only above average back there and he's been shakey. Fix up the DTs.
            I think most teams in the NFL could use Nate Clements or Asante Samuel...It wont be easy to get one of them in Houston... A new FS I think is necessary....Earl is ok at SS...I dont really think Calhoun had much impact on the offense....so I dont know if there will be much of a difference next year without him...Daybe could be good with a full offseason under his belt(healthwise) but if we get a chance at AP I think we need to pull the trigger...depending on what else is availble

Comment

• The simple truth is that DC should be back next year. I am not one that thinks he is done in Houston, he has next year to prove he is the guy or not. As far as the offseason goes we need to go pretty hard into FA. Houston will have alot of turnover, I am predicting close to 30 guys all told. Kris Dielman fits our system and was coached by Alex Gibbs. He will be a free agent this year and we need a RG allowing Weary to move to C or backup. Spencer and Winston are our T and they are quite solid. Spencer is down to 325 and moving around well right now as far as his rehab goes. We have to get a starter in the secondary in FA also. I would like Asante Samuel, but he will be difficult, but some FS will be out there also. I think both positions could be grabbed in the 2nd-5th honestly, but that could get interesting. I personally would love to have Daymeion Hughes get drafted in the second to play FS for us, and then Josh Wilson in the 3rd. Honestly we are a couple of solid pieces away from being a competitive team, but this offseason will be huge to see if we get to that point.
              Forgiveness is between man and God, it is my job to arrange the meeting...

Comment

• Thank you guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dunta_23
                  Originally posted by cunningham06
                  Originally posted by iloxygenil
                  Become a Titans fan...and by the way...Vince doesnt throw very well
                  Lie

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                  XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                  Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                  http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

• First of all I gotta say. The game today was great, I was totally pumped at how well we played. I gotta say this may have been our team's best performance this yr. Also it was just a great time at the stadium, they had a lot of fun with A.J. and Mould's on the big screen, anybody else see that where Mould's was like he's Andre's spokesman and then Andre holds up the thank you sign. That was pretty cool.

Football stuff, this game showed what Carr is capable of. Our entire team for that matter, but I'll focus on Carr because he's taken a lot of heat as of late. He hasn't been the biggest problem on our team, but as he's the QB he get's the most blame. Last week I started seeing clearer sign's of his abilities, but didn't say anything because the results were mired in defeat. However this week he once again stepped up. He's been steadily improving his game and this week the rest of the offense finally came together. The TD pass to Leach, the pass in the middle of the field to Johnson, multiple third down conversions. Don't tell me he didn't play a big role in the victory, because honestly I will then proceed to OWN your ass. We had a third and long that was totally crucial and they knew we had to pass and we still did it on them anyways. That was great. Also for the first time we saw the shotgun formation and Carr ran it. That was a great run. Carr has done alot of good things on the football field, but they're always overshadowed by the losses and team futility. Carr always takes unnecessary heat and this week he did good so I wanted to make sure he got some praise.

Merry Christmas.

Comment

• From a Colts fan, congratulations on the win today guys. You gameplanned great and was definitely the better team no matter what the outcome was. Well played and good luck
                      Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

• Originally posted by Philliez01
                        From a Colts fan, congratulations on the win today guys. You gameplanned great and was definitely the better team no matter what the outcome was. Well played and good luck
                        Thanks alot man. That really show's class. Good game.

Comment

• Originally posted by datchapin
                          First of all I gotta say. The game today was great, I was totally pumped at how well we played. I gotta say this may have been our team's best performance this yr. Also it was just a great time at the stadium, they had a lot of fun with A.J. and Mould's on the big screen, anybody else see that where Mould's was like he's Andre's spokesman and then Andre holds up the thank you sign. That was pretty cool.

Football stuff, this game showed what Carr is capable of. Our entire team for that matter, but I'll focus on Carr because he's taken a lot of heat as of late. He hasn't been the biggest problem on our team, but as he's the QB he get's the most blame. Last week I started seeing clearer sign's of his abilities, but didn't say anything because the results were mired in defeat. However this week he once again stepped up. He's been steadily improving his game and this week the rest of the offense finally came together. The TD pass to Leach, the pass in the middle of the field to Johnson, multiple third down conversions. Don't tell me he didn't play a big role in the victory, because honestly I will then proceed to OWN your ass. We had a third and long that was totally crucial and they knew we had to pass and we still did it on them anyways. That was great. Also for the first time we saw the shotgun formation and Carr ran it. That was a great run. Carr has done alot of good things on the football field, but they're always overshadowed by the losses and team futility. Carr always takes unnecessary heat and this week he did good so I wanted to make sure he got some praise.

Merry Christmas.
                          Haha yea I saw that, that was hilarious. I went to the game today and I'm glad I did. I was out there tailgating at 9:30 in the freezing rain because that's what I do. Some things that I noticed:
                          -Our offensive line was run blocking quite well, and I think we can all agree that we should bring in a dependable legitimate running back. Nothing against Ron Dayne, but he's not the best. Although he has been playing very well this December.
                          -I noticed Eric Winston looked very good opening up holes for Dayne.
                          -Demeco had another good game, he made a very nice open field tackle in the flat and had a couple of nice pass breakups.
                          -Dunta did very well as he often does against the Colts, that deep ball deflection was very nice.
                          -Mario looked good, whenever I watched what he was doing, he was getting double teamed, if we can just get a star across from him at D end or a good DT next to him we could really have something.
                          -Carr did a very good job today, he spread the ball around very well.
                          -Leach looks great at fullback, he's got a nasty attitude on the field and is a great blocker.
                          -Dexter Wynn did a lot better than usual today returning kicks, and gave us some good field position multiple times.
                          -Kris Brown with the game winning 48 yard field goal was great, he can make the kicks when they really count.
                          -Our secondary needs to work on covering the deep ball a bit better, there were several instances where receivers were getting open downfield and would have had TD's had Peyton not overthrown them.
                          -Peek had a very nice tackle for a loss today.

That's just some stuff that I noticed, any thoughts?

Comment

• niceee

Hook 'Em Horns

Comment

• Great game guys. You guys outplayed us and earned that win. Good luck in the future and congrats on the win.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Rhabuf
                                What the hell happened to Travis Johnson? He was the #1 recruit out of high school not to long ago.

Also, who are you guys wanting in the draft? Seems like Thomas or Peterson would be good choices to me.
                                PETERSON!!! OMG are you kidding me. We have a good running game going right now. Can you imagine Peterson in our system. It would be oh so sweet!! Hmm, well we play this weekend and your's is the only team that realistically would take him, hopefully this weekend we convince you guys that you need more help on defense and you guys take Branch.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information