Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if you guys are crazy enough to sign Jake Plummer, will you release David Carr?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dunta_23?
      If it was up to me, Id keep Carr around. Maybe add some competition...But its hard to go through different coaches, systems, coordinators, and OL every year...Now thats not an excuse, but it is reality...Id like to see a stronger run game and more downfield plays, but who doesnt? If the Texans cant get anything better than a 3rd rounder, I say keep him.

From everything that I have read, most speculation seems to have Jake Plummer being picked up by the Texans. I dont think they will trade for him, but they will most likely sign him after he gets released.
      David Carr was an overrated QB that should not have never been selected as the top pick in the draft. Here are some of my reason why I say this....
      (1) David Carr did not prove anything in college to warrant such high expectation.
      (2) He played at Fresno St. (no knock on FSU), but at the time he came into the league, most people did not know who he was and the level of competition was not that great.
      (3) I did not see any indication in college that he could through the deep ball with consistency and accuracy.
      (4) David Carr although a great guy, is kind of immature. Meaning he never came across as a leader.
      (5) You can't blame offensive lines on everything. I will give you an example. This year the Dallas cowboys was having perceived offensive line trouble early in the season when Drew Bledsoe was the starting QB, but when they switch over to Tony Romo the offense picked up with lessor sacks on the QB.
      (6) If you don't have confidence and belief in your abilities to lead a team, then you are not a leader. Vince Young might not be the best statistical QB in the league, but he has leadership qualities that gravitate to his teammates. This is because of his belief in his abilities to get the job done.

It's time to move on and get a proven leader in Brady Quinn or maybe sign Jeff Garcia and draft Troy Smith in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Comment

• 1st at fresno state carr through the deep ball alot that was what he was kind of known for. So try to get ur facts straight when he went to the senior bowl against the competion he played well so the comptition is irrelvent. Also the oline is a huge deal 5 years of it and that will change u alot. Dont fo get the end of the season mr. romo was getting sacked alot and his stats dropped and the team began to lose because they figured out how to blitz him. You say garcia he is a pure west coast qb that is why he struggled in detriot and clevland and if u didnt see down the field throws with carr its goin to be the same because i have as much arm strenght as jeff garcia. Plummer is prob the way there going to go I dont like it becasue they say kubak is going to change him. Sorry no when kubiak was in denver they had a great offensive line and run game. Last year denver o-line struggled and their running game was innefective like it had been in years past. So plummer struggled with out great o-line and run game, and what is in houston a worse o-line and even worse run game. Jake Plummer might be "the answer" but more then likley when he enters the Carr world he will not be as effective. The recivers in denvers are also better so if he comes here he is going to get the triple crown in worse o-line recivers and running game. Troy smith struggled agasinst the speed of florida and in the nfl they are even faster. I dont like troy smith as a great pro qb he will maybe be average at best. The best thing is to bring in competiton for carr being plummer or sage but i think 1 year is left for him to prove himself. Giving up on him only 1 year after the 06 draft makes the texans look even dumber for what they did. And dont fo get the game when sage came in 4 carr shoulder and he struggled he was like 0/3 and kubiak never threw anthoer pass with him for the rest of the game.

Comment

• There seems to be a growing feeling that the Texans will wait on RB. If that's the case, I expect them to go DL in round 1, and depending on the board, Qb/RB/DB as options in the 2nd/3rd round.

I still think taking Peterson or Lynch is probably the better move in round 1 due to the talent dropoff at RB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver
            So, you Texans' fans, give me the low-down on the Quarterback situation;
            • Is Sage Rosenfels going to be the guy?
            • Would they consider one of the top two Quarterbacks with the 8th pick?
            • Keep Carr?
            • Go after Jake Plummer?
            I wouldnt count on Sage the guy in one game w/ MIA threw fourteen completions to one guy (Chambers)

I doubt it, they probably dont want to rebuild

Give him an o-line and a 1200-1300yd rb

Definitly, can put pressure on Carr and may when the job, but he wont be a long term guy

Comment

• Im in a mock draft on another website and I drafted Peterson in round 1....we are at the 3rd pick in the 2nd round now and these guys are available....was thinking of taking the best OL/CB/S/DL available....who do you guys prefer

Charles Johnson, DE
              Aaron Ross, CB
              Robert Meachem, WR
              Quentin Moses, DE
              Ben Grubbs, OG
              Jon Beason, OLB
              Tony Ugoh, OT
              Anthony Spencer, DE
              Chris Houston, CB
              Ryan Kalil, OC
              Brandon Merriweather, S

Comment

• Originally posted by Dunta_23
                Im in a mock draft on another website and I drafted Peterson in round 1....we are at the 3rd pick in the 2nd round now and these guys are available....was thinking of taking the best OL/CB/S/DL available....who do you guys prefer

Charles Johnson, DE
                Aaron Ross, CB
                Robert Meachem, WR
                Quentin Moses, DE
                Ben Grubbs, OG
                Jon Beason, OLB
                Tony Ugoh, OT
                Anthony Spencer, DE
                Chris Houston, CB
                Ryan Kalil, OC
                Brandon Merriweather, S
                Grubbs, Ugoh, or Kalil.
                Ugoh if he can play LT
                But im not as big of a Tex fan as other guys around here.

Also how did many of you guys become Tex fans were yall just Oilers left overs or what? The only reason I "like" the texans is because they have Carr Andre and Mathis

Comment

• i like merriweather but i dont know if they can pass on meachem or mosses. I think meachem would be the pick cuz moulds is getting old. or they could go jon benson cuz out side is pretty bad.

Comment

• Anybody else here have an opinion....draft is still 4 picks away from me, but it seems most of these guys will be available...

Comment

• Ross, get Ross. Or Meachem.

Comment

• I'm not sure what the love for Plummer is. I'd almost rather have Garrard or maybe take a look at Schaub. Plummer could give us a decent guy with some stability but we'd be right back to here in two years.

Comment

• I was wondering what are all of your expectations for Mario Williams next season.

Comment

• I expect a lot of pressure. I hate to be hard on him, but I still would have rather had Vince. I don't care much about the numbers, although lots of sacks would be good. But I want him to play so well, he gets the fans on his side.

Comment

• Heres a mock draft I just did, I don't know enough about later round guys so I just did up to round 4

1st- Adrian Peterson- RB
                              2nd- Brandon Meriweather- S
                              3rd- Fred Bennett- CB I really like this guy
                              4th- Kasey Studdard- OG

This is assuming that Studdard falls to the 4th, it's hard to predict where he'll go.

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06
                                Heres a mock draft I just did, I don't know enough about later round guys so I just did up to round 4

1st- Adrian Peterson- RB
                                2nd- Brandon Meriweather- S
                                3rd- Fred Bennett- CB I really like this guy
                                4th- Kasey Studdard- OG

This is assuming that Studdard falls to the 4th, it's hard to predict where he'll go.
                                Studdard will probably be there in the 6th or 7th sadly. The rest is great.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information