Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• released 22 players. Clark Harris, Buster Davis, Arian Foster, Alex Brinks, and Brandon Harrison among the guys released. We are one fat due to the DRob's situation.

Kubiak said Grossman closed that gap with Dan O. and he will determine the backup in the upcoming practices.

D. Robinson the DT is nursing a calf strain.

Kubiak says that they will be checking the wire and trying to upgrade. Sure there will be some surprises, but don't know if they will help us.

Named Pitts starter, (no surprise there.)

Wilson uncertain for Jets and most likely Ferguson and Barber will be starters.

Cushing is 100%, but will likely be rotated. didn't mention with who. I think on third downs.
    Last edited by datchapin; 09-07-2009, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
      The skill players on offense showed some promise in the game, but our O-line got absolutely destroyed by Minnesota. That is what may end up holding us back. hopefully they can get it together and jell before the season starts, Duane Brown didn't look to bad out there, hopefully he will pan out.

On D, I absolutely love what Barwin brings to the table. He is a great pass rusher already and has a ton of upside. Antonio Smith hasn't shown very much to get me excited, and that's an interesting idea to move him to DT and keep Barwin outside. But the weak point of the defense is still our secondary. I don't know why we haven't invested more top draft choices in our secondary as of late.
      I'm not 2 worried about the O-line. Our starting guard and center were knocking off rust coming off injury and they were playing one of the better D-lines in the league. They'll be ready for the regular season.

Agreed on Barwin. Smith has been holding his own, I think he'll step it up in the regular season. I ask that question myself sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjmt2500 View Post
        Has anyone heard anything new on Dunta??? I assume he will sign after the Tampa game....
        DRob confirmed that he will in fact sign 2morrow and be there for practice this week.

I'm not happy with the way his situation was handled, but now that he's back I'm gonna support him as he's once again part of the team. YEAH BABY!!! GO TEXANS!!!!
        Last edited by datchapin; 09-05-2009, 07:18 PM. Reason: new info.

Comment

• Originally posted by datchapin View Post
          DRob confirmed that he will in fact sign 2morrow and be there for practice this week.

I'm not happy with the way his situation was handled, but now that he's back I'm gonna support him as he's once again part of the team. YEAH BABY!!! GO TEXANS!!!!
          I agree about the way the situation was handled, its gonna be hard to pull for a guy that is going to bolt as soon as he is given the chance, since he was wanting a clause in his contract to not franchise him again. Although you have to believe he will have the season of his career since he is looking for such a huge contract, and we sure as hell need him to.

Comment

• I was happy to see that Glenn Martinez made the team, i thought he played really well all preseason. I had my fingers crossed with him. I wasnt suprised with any of the cuts. I was kinda suprised that Delta O'Neal played so bad in the preseason against second and third string WRs.

I would put Rex at the 2 spot. I never thought i would say this but Rex looked really good out there on Friday. I know it was against back ups but the way he carried himself and lead the team was something that i dont see in Dan O.

Once again Frank Okam looked good after looking bad the week before. I guess we should only play him every other week haha.

Comment

• I thought the Tank move was good. Should free up some cap room. As far as I thought, he was a Jag.

I wish they would just sign Owen. He is a near-top player at his position. TE should be cheap compared to other positions. If u are able to draft a guy that is near top at his position, you should sign him. Right???? What is the point of drafting a guy like that if you don't want him long term???? If a player turns out to be one of the best at his position in the league, pay him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have high hopes for this team this year...
              I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• Oh no, we suck again!

Comment

• I wasted my time and money going to this game, i have never heard so many booos at a game before. I cant believe how much of a step we took back today. What really bothered me the most was that it didnt seem like any adjustments were made, if something is not working maybe try something else. You could say that its just the first game of the season, but there were zero signs of anything good happening. Its not like they played and good game and lost, they got dominated by a rookie QB, a rookie coach, and a defense that was missing 2 of there best players.

What the hell happened to the line, they were looking pretty good at the end of last year, they reminded me of the old Capers days. Schaub had defenders in his face all game, and when he didnt he still acted like he did (I could of sworn that was Carr under center). Next week we are in Nashville, loss number 2.

Comment

• I gotta agree, right now I'm too depressed to type everything that disappointed me in this game.

A few things though, I've critized Kubiak before for his lack of imagination. You got the best receiver in the league and your telling me that corner on bottom and safety on top of AJ is stopping you from moving the ball? Why is it then that our longest pass was caught with 3 defenders near OD? It's like the Jets aren't a perfect defense. You knew they would stop the run, that's their strength, but that also means they're selling the front seven to stop the run. They're secondary is good, but dammit once again we can't take advantage of their scheme. Also in the run game, why aren't we utilizing Leach more as a blocker against this formation. It's against this formation where the fullback is most effective. I digress, our center was prostituded this sunday. Least that's what it looked like with Jenkins pimp hand all over him. Slaton missed lanes ran into the pile and just didn't demonstrate any vision. Schaub, reminded me of why I hated the fact that we gave up 2 second rders for him. Even when he had time he looked lost. Why oh why are we sending our fastest guy over the middle instead of lining him up next to AJ and peeling the safety off him with go routes. Anderson and JJ are better suited in the slot than Davis. Dammit, I typed too much already.

After this I'm paying attention to the following games to see if Kubes can cut it. Dolphins, 49ers, Pats, and Cards. If he can't scheme better against those 3-4 teams then he should be out the door. Regardless of our record, because he's been had a hard time against these guys since he was an OC in Denver, hence why the Broncos always lost to the Pats. He hasn't shown growth and even though I like the guy his lack of adjustments is just killing me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                      Oh no, we suck again!
                      I would laugh, but I can't do it through the tears. Maybe after the first win this'll be funny.

Comment

• Question about the last game. The Falcons offense and Texans offense is somewhat similar and very well balanced, so naturally I was shocked to see the Jets defense shut down the Texans offense. The Falcons play the Jets later this year, and I was wondering whether their defense is for real (obviously some players are, like Jenkins, Revis, and Rhodes), or was it more of a sputtering from the offensive side of the ball?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                          Question about the last game. The Falcons offense and Texans offense is somewhat similar and very well balanced, so naturally I was shocked to see the Jets defense shut down the Texans offense. The Falcons play the Jets later this year, and I was wondering whether their defense is for real (obviously some players are, like Jenkins, Revis, and Rhodes), or was it more of a sputtering from the offensive side of the ball?
                          The Jets D is for real (and they were without Pace and Ellis), but if the Texans would of made adjustments, maybe some screens or quick slants, they would of put some points on the board. Also if we could of picked up the blitz we would of looked a lot better as well. I wouldnt insult your team by comparing them to our offense right now. I love my team but I have never felt so low after a game before.

Comment

• I wouldn't panic if I were ya'll.

Ya'll have been slow starters for the past few seasons, so an early loss isn't something ya'll can't overcome. Besides, the Jets are gonna be a tough team this season. That may've been a total trap game for ya'll, with division opener against Tennessee the next week.
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• I finally think I'm over last week. I think it was mostly my expectations that let me loose sight of how tough this league can be. There aren't any gimme games and fact of the matter was I shouldn't have looked down on the Jets. They had a good season last yr. until Favre played injured and they lost their final games. Their defense was good and now they got a guru calling their schemes. Their offense has a good set of backs and their young QB is showing alot of promise, since pre-season he's looked good. They have young stud linemen led by Alan Faneca and to think that they were a gimme win was stupid on my part. I'm still disappointed in our performance, but I gotta move on cuz' we play the Tacks in a couple of days.

I think we have a shot at taking the game from Tenn. Even though everyone is thinking our loss is a given. I think this game will come down to the Titans aggressiveness. They no longer have fat Al so they can't rely on the 4 man rush the same way they did last yr. However they can compensate with the blitz. They were real good against Pittsburg when they applied it, but just the four man rush gave big Ben alot of time. If we can deal with their blitz and counter we should have a good shot at making them pay. We have better receivers than Pittsburg (if only our QB was better) On offense we laid the best rush game against them (it doesn't look the same this yr. but hopefully after another week of practicing together will help.) I don't think we gotta have a great running game to win, but if we can get some yards on the ground hopefully we give ourselves the best chance to win. I think it will be tough, and both teams will be phisical, but I think we still have a shot. Regardless of how the talking heads may see it.

Comment

• Do you guys think Schaub is really accurate? I hear alot of people say that, but I tend to disagree, he never hits our guys in good strides, leads them well or has excellent ball placement. I'm not a big Schaub fan as he hasn't really shown me anything consistently. I'm gonna be paying attention this game, but the Titans run a cover 2 so I want to see not just if his passes are complete, but how they're completed.

Anyways what do y'all think?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information