X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kris Brown, stay or go?

Comment

• Finally a win!!! The defense looked amazing, the offense looked amazing in the 1st half, sloppy in the 2nd. I dont remember any dumb fouls or any false starts. The int was because Johnson slipped, Moats fumble was all on him though. Man the defense looked good, i know its against seattle but im ignoring that cause I want to feel good about this team.

I want to see more of Foster, he had some runs that looked very good. Myers still sucks and so does chris brown, he totally missed a block that caused Schaub to rush a throw. Pollard is awesome, its like we got an extra first round pick. Barber made some good plays, im anxious to see how he does the rest of the way. Quinn didnt play last week and our corners got burned, this week he plays and makes a huge difference. Ryans was a BEAST!!!!!! Wow was he ever impressive, if he and Cush dont make the probowl than they need to take the voteing away from the fans.

Kris Brown is a good guy, he is great for the community and he doesnt try to make excuses for his misses. But.... he has to go. Kicking is such a mental game, once you lose it your done, and he is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjmt2500 View Post
        Finally a win!!! The defense looked amazing, the offense looked amazing in the 1st half, sloppy in the 2nd. I dont remember any dumb fouls or any false starts. The int was because Johnson slipped, Moats fumble was all on him though. Man the defense looked good, i know its against seattle but im ignoring that cause I want to feel good about this team.

I want to see more of Foster, he had some runs that looked very good. Myers still sucks and so does chris brown, he totally missed a block that caused Schaub to rush a throw. Pollard is awesome, its like we got an extra first round pick. Barber made some good plays, im anxious to see how he does the rest of the way. Quinn didnt play last week and our corners got burned, this week he plays and makes a huge difference. Ryans was a BEAST!!!!!! Wow was he ever impressive, if he and Cush dont make the probowl than they need to take the voteing away from the fans.

Kris Brown is a good guy, he is great for the community and he doesnt try to make excuses for his misses. But.... he has to go. Kicking is such a mental game, once you lose it your done, and he is done.
        McCain was also a beast. He did great on those redzone plays. Okoye even looked good and was in on some nice plays, Mario, had some sacks, and basically a great game all around on the defensive side of the ball. The offense decided 30+ points was enough and decided not to run up the score. I'm going to have Andre Johnson's babies that is for sure.
        I liked at the end when they talked crap to Cushing and he pointed up at the scoreboard and went back to the huddle.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
          McCain was also a beast. He did great on those redzone plays. Okoye even looked good and was in on some nice plays, Mario, had some sacks, and basically a great game all around on the defensive side of the ball. The offense decided 30+ points was enough and decided not to run up the score. I'm going to have Andre Johnson's babies that is for sure.
          I liked at the end when they talked crap to Cushing and he pointed up at the scoreboard and went back to the huddle.
          That was awesome when Cush pointed at the scoreboard. Agreed on McCain, i would get this guy more playing time, if we dont draft a corner next year Quinn and McCain could be starting for us. Dunta and Reeves need to go. And lets lock Pollard up for a long time!!!!
          Last edited by jjmt2500; 12-14-2009, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• I really like the young corners. They're far from a sure thing, but they play hard and tackle well. We need a big time corner still though in my opinion. And Pollard has meshed really well, playing near or at Pro Bowl level. Even so, Eugene Wilson is not ideal as our FS; he could be upgraded although I still think he's a pretty good player, he's just not some one to worry about.

But just to remember, things are never as good as they seem, and they're never as bad as they seem.

We're lacking the it factor right now. We've been in every game late except against the Jets. Everything else has pretty much been the fault of a Chris or Kris Brown, so I think the team can build on this, get some confidence, and win out, even against NE.

Comment

• A win is a win. I'm not gonna talk this win down, it was much needed. After dropping four straight it was finally good to stop the bleeding.

Looks like Scott updated the mock draft. He has us at 15 taking Earl Thomas of Texas. What do you guys think about that? I know it's early, just curious.

Oh another thing is S. Jackson might not play for the Rams. I think they have a back-up QB as well. This game comes as close to a gimmee as it gets. I hope our guys don't take the foot off the necks this game.

This week hasn't been the greatest, but man I had dang near forgot what it felt like after a win.

Comment

• Originally posted by America View Post
                We're lacking the it factor right now. We've been in every game late except against the Jets. Everything else has pretty much been the fault of a Chris or Kris Brown, so I think the team can build on this, get some confidence, and win out, even against NE.
                I wouldn't put so much blame on the Browns. I think they need to go due to sucking, but it's a team loss. When we needed to come through as a team we didn't.

Honestly the last 2 games are the ones that interest me the most. The Seahawks and Rams.... not so much.

Originally posted by jjmt2500 View Post
                That was awesome when Cush pointed at the scoreboard. Agreed on McCain, i would get this guy more playing time, if we dont draft a corner next year Quinn and McCain could be starting for us. Dunta and Reeves need to go. And lets lock Pollard up for a long time!!!!
                Don't get ahead of yourself, remember Bennet also had a rookie yr. that had many thinking he could play in the league. Dunta, yeah, I hope we don't resign him, but Reeves is still under contract. So I would not cut him until we see how Quinn and McCain do next yr. I'd also like to see us add another CB though. Agreed on Pollard.

Originally posted by America View Post
                Kris Brown, stay or go?
                Go, but please bring in someone that is half-way decent before that. I like Brown, but kicking is (I've been told, mostly mental.)

Comment

• hey guys, was wondering if you could give me some fantasy football help...

i need a 3rd RB this week, and it looking like Arian Foster is the new "goto guy" in houston...

will he take over goal line duties from CB?

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

• Originally posted by mikehop05 View Post
                    hey guys, was wondering if you could give me some fantasy football help...

i need a 3rd RB this week, and it looking like Arian Foster is the new "goto guy" in houston...

will he take over goal line duties from CB?
                    I would think so, i would be suprised to see chris get off the bench. And with Moats putting another one on the ground, i doubt we see much of him. I would think that Foster will get most of the carries, unless he is not productive or starts fumbling the ball. But for a 3rd rb i think its a safe play that may get you a lot of points.

Comment

• Tomorrow we should simply demolish the Rams. Most of their line from earlier in the season is out, Boller missed 2 practices and is unlikely to play as is S. Jackson. If we drop this game..... the shame.

Comment

• If we lose to the Rams, I will be almost as depressed as I was during our 2-14 season.

Comment

• Same, it will ruin my day. Null is starting at QB today for the Rams. hopefully we can get some turnovers out of him.

Comment

• Why does Chris Brown still play?

Comment

• What a awful win. There is probably only 2 teams in the league that we could of beat playing like that. With all these teams at 7-7 we need to step it up, we wont beat Mia or NE playing like that. And what awful play calling. All week long Kubs talked about Foster getting a lot of playing time, he puts one on the ground and thats it???? Chris Brown has cost us games, Moats has a handfull of fumbles. I would of like to seen how Foster would of responded to fumbling. I really feel like play calling and coaching decisions are hurting this team, why arent we trying out kickers????? WHy are we running WR screens on 3rd and long from the 10???? Why do we keep trying to run the reverse ever single week???? Why not more 3 WR sets with Anderson in the slot, he has looked great???

BTW I loved seeing Jackson on the sideline with a bloody lip.

Comment

• That's what pissed me off about this game. We played just well enough to beat the Rams. Honestly watching this game was like watching two terrible high school teams play each other.

I'm hoping we can show more against Miami and New England and this week was just us playing down to St. Louis's level. That's what I'm praying at least.

The Raiders beating Denver was huge for us by the way. Hopefully the Eagles will take care of business next week and two wild card spots will be available.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information