• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker

Adrian Grady was cut.

Here is the link:

http://www.indy.com/posts/hughes-among-the-first-to-go

I think they must like John Gill for the PS over Adrian Grady.

Comment

• It improves the chances of Daniel Muir making the 53 man Roster.
      Originally posted by George Carlin

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Comment

• I think we'll see Grady on the PS, if he clears waivers.

Hughes being cut isn't surprising. Just disappointing. He was great in college and looked like a great fit, the draft really is a crapshoot.
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Marcus Howard has apparently been cut. I'm very surprised at that one.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

Comment

• What??? No way.

Comment

• Apparently, yes way.

That's two Defensive Lineman that the Colts have cut who I felt were gonna make the 53. This should confirm Keyunta Dawson as an Indianapolis Colt and potentially opens up door for Josh Thomas.

Dominic Rhodes has been cut by the Bills as well.
              Last edited by Seamus2602; 09-05-2009, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• The Giants waived DE Maurice Evans, UDFA from Penn State.

I really hope the Colts claim him on waivers.

Comment

• Confirmation on Howard.

Horrible decision.

Comment

• Have to wonder if they made a mistake cutting Howard. I'm really hoping this doesn't open the door for Josh Thomas, how that man has held a job on an NFL team for so long is mind boggling.

Comment

• Now, I've always thought that having both Marcus Howard and Curtis Johnson on the roster is redundant.

With that being said, I thought there is a place for one of them.

And if both Dawson and Thomas make the roster, that would be even more redundant.

Comment

• Boy, I really hope the Colts claim Maurice Evans on waivers.

If nothing else, he could be a good short-term solution for the bigger type of DE they now want.

Ed Johnson was a dope at Penn State (and afterward), he went undrafted, but right now he's the best Colts DT by far and is a very good player. Take the chance on Evans imo, maybe the light has turned on for him too. Especially with a former college teammate in Johnson to clue him in to the opportunity before him.

That is what I am hoping for right now.

Dom Rhodes is available, not quite sure what to think about that. We know what Rhodes can bring to the table, but that fact of that matter is that he's already lost some of his speed and could be somewhat near the end of his career. Mike Hart has his career ahead of him, if he can stay healthy.

I wouldn't be mad if they brought Dom back, but with Addai healthy and future stud Donald Brown, having his veteran experience isn't necessary like it was last year. I wish him well though, I think it was a bad move by Buffalo to release him because they need his pass blocking experience in their attempt at a no-huddle offense (with a completely brand new offensive line).

Comment

• The argument about Dominic Rhodes that I would bring is that if Mike Hart is hurt, and can't play at his full level, then Rhodes should be brought back as he is a massive upgrade over a hurt Mike Hart, and an upgrade over both Lance Ball and Chad Simpson. He could also provide veteran leadership and experience to the likes of Brown, Hart and potentially Ball, if Ball is retained on the Practice Squad.
                          Last edited by Seamus2602; 09-05-2009, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• I don't know that Rhodes is an upgrade over Ball or Simpson. There is a reason he got cut. And Bills are in bigger need of back then we are with Lynch being out for 4 weeks.

Comment

• If we had resigned Rhodes in the Offseason then we would have signed him as the player who lead the team in total Touchdowns. It would have cost the team a fair amount for an older Running Back. Now, if the team resigns him, we are getting a player who can't make it on a team with out a starter for 1/4 of the season. He'll come much cheaper. I think Rhodes is an improvement over Ball and Simpson, he showed that last year.

Comment

• The Colts have waived running back Lance Ball, wide receiver Sam Giguere, defensive lineman John Gill, defensive tackle Adrian Grady, running back Mike Hart, defensive end Marcus Howard, defensive back Dante Hughes, center Steve Justice, wide receiver John Matthews, wide receiver Brett McDermott, running back Walter Mendenhall, offensive lineman Tom Pestock, wide receiver Taj Smith, linebacker Michael Tauiliili, defensive tackle Terrance Taylor, offensive lineman Jaimie Thomas, defensive end Josh Thomas and offensive tackle Michael Toudouze. Waived-Injured were: defensive backs Nick Graham and Travis Key and tight end Jamie Petrowski.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information