No announcement yet.

Roster/contracts/needs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Condren and Silva both out, safety depth doesn't look amazing...

Sanders, Bethea, Giordano and Bullitt are all I see, I guess Marlin could slide over if necessary...

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• That's why I'm hoping Silva slides on to the PS.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
      <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

• Yeah that would be best, hope another team doesn't give him a look, he's a gamer.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Here's the roster, per NFL.com link

QB (2) - Peyton Manning, Jim Sorgi
          RB (3) - Joseph Addai, Dominick Rhodes, Mike Hart
          WR (6) - Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Anthony Gonzalez, Roy Hall, Pierre Garcon, Courtney Roby
          TE (4) - Dallas Clark, Jacob Tamme, Gijon Robinson, Tom Santi
          OL (9) - Tony Ugoh, Ryan Diem, Jeff Saturday, Charlie Johnson, Mike Pollak, Daniel Federkeil, Steven Justice, Jaime Richard, Corey Hilliard

DE (6) - Dwight Freeney, Robert Mathis, Raheem Brock, Josh Thomas, Marcus Howard, Curtis Johnson
          DT (5) - Ed Johnson, Keyunta Dawson, Eric Foster, Darrell Reid, Daniel Muir
          LB (6) - Freddy Keiaho, Gary Brackett, Philip Wheeler, Clint Session, Jordan Senn, Buster Davis
          CB (5) - Marlin Jackson, Kelvin Hayden, Tim Jennings, Dante Hughes, Keiwan Ratliff
          DB (4) - Bob Sanders, Antoine Bethea, Matt Giordano, Melvin Bullitt

K (1) - Adam Vinatieri
          P (1) - Hunter Smith
          LS (1) - Justin Snow

http://www.nfl.com/teams/roster;jses...d&d-447263-n=1
          Last edited by MaxV; 09-01-2008, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• I'm wondering what the reserve guys mean. For example, Kenton Keith is listed as reserve, so I'm doubting these are PS guys, since Keith can't be eligible.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Comment

• I'm waiting for confirmation that Silva and Guzman are waived, honestly I don't believe it.
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
                I'm waiting for confirmation that Silva and Guzman are waived, honestly I don't believe it.
                Look on NFL.com's roster page for the Colts, they're no longer listed.

Comment

• Colts.com has Muir (#90) and Davis (#52) added with Silva and Guzman no longer present. So there's the confirmation I was looking for.

No mention of the practice squad though. Hopefully Silva can make it there, along with guys like Giguere, Chad Simpson, Colin Ferrell among others.

Comment

• Can Jordan Senn keep the #49? I thought LBs had to wear #s in the 50s or 90s.

Comment

• Apparently Colts resigned Josh Betts and added him to PS.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/blogs...es_baaack.html

I hope it's true, I liked him.
                      Last edited by MaxV; 09-01-2008, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• It's not official yet, but it appears that 6 of 8 PS players are now known.

The team made no announcement, but agents or the players themselves confirmed that six of the eight practice-squad positions have been filled: safety Jamie Silva, quarterback Josh Betts, running back Chad Simpson, offensive linemen Michael Toudouze and Tala Esera and wide receiver Sam Giguere.
                        http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../1058/SPORTS03

I like this group. I hope Ishola is one of the other 2.
                        Last edited by MaxV; 09-02-2008, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Michael Toudouze did well last year at LT going against the likes of Merriman when he came in place of Ugoh in the Chargers game, I guess Howard Mudd saw something he did not like, I guess.

I guess he was first cut, then re-instated, thus making him eligible for the practice squad again, uh?

So, no matter how many years you have been on the practice squad, if you get cut, and then signed again, you are just like a first year player for the Colts, and become eligible for the practice squad, just like Josh Betts? Is that an accurate statement?

Comment

• There are rules to practice squad eligibility. If I remember correctly off the top of my head, the two big ones are that you can't be on the practice squad for more than three years (that was a recent change, before I think it was only two), and you can't be active on the 53-man roster for more than 9 games in a season.

If a team wants to sign a player from another team's practice squad, that can happen but the player must be placed on that team's 53-man roster. You can't sign a guy from another practice squad to be on your practice squad, it doesn't work that way.

As for the Colts, I really like that assembled-to-that-point practice squad.

Comment

• BTW, Aromashodu is on Redskins PS. Just like last year, if one of our WRs gets hurt, they might add him to 53-man instead of bringing up Giguere.

Comment

• Interesting, it slipped my mind that Aromashodu would still be practice squad eligible. The Colts might have offered him a spot, but maybe he wanted to try his luck elsewhere and in this case with his former college quarterback in Jason Campbell.

Onrea Jones was signed to the Arizona Cardinals practice squad I read.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information