Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009 Regular Season - Week 17 Colts at Bills (Sunday 1pm ET)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was just messing, I would keep the WRs in, but it just would be fun to see all that receiving talent on the field once in a while, maybe a 3rd and 20 or something, basically just say to the other team, cover this!

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post
      Hell once Gonzo is back we should just empty the backfield once in a while and get Clark, Wayne, Gonzo, Garcon and Collie all out there...

Excuse me I need to change :) lol
      The problem is that that would take Addai and Brown, who are also playmakers, out of the game completely. While we don't have one single player at WR or RB that is the equal of Marvin or Edge in their primes, the collection of talent we have in total is better than anything I can remember the Colts having. Especially when you add Clark into the mix.

Comment

• I meant to say in general I would keep the RB's in, and I know it is unrealistic, I just think it would be fun to just have 5 receivers running routes with Peyton playing to them, a Madden wet dream lol

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• I too have been thinking how cool a 5 receiver (Wayne-Clark-Gonzalez-Collie-Garcon) look would be, that's like the NFL version of Voltron.

Which is to say, the greatest thing ever.

But I would rather go 4 receiver plus Addai, so that Addai can pass protect to help make sure Peyton can hit one of the 4 receivers.
          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Addai really is a pretty incredible pass blocker.

Comment

• Addai is also leading all RBs in the NFL in receptions, with 26.

Tied for 11th overall in receptions in the league for all positions.

Obviously I am loving this, you guys know I am a big fan of passing the ball to the RB. It helps move the chains, makes downs more manageable which allows the Colts to either run or pass.
              Last edited by Geo; 10-13-2009, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• This week's Polian Corner includes an honest analysis of Tony Ugoh by Polian, definitely give it a read.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
                  Addai is also leading all RBs in the NFL in receptions, with 26.

Tied for 11th overall in receptions in the league for all positions.

Obviously I am loving this, you guys know I am a big fan of passing the ball to the RB. It helps move the chains, makes downs more manageable which allows the Colts to either run or pass.
                  I am a fan of screen passes for RBs as well and even not designed passes to backs.

Unfortunately, it has also become necessary since our O-Line isn't doing a good job of run-blocking.

Any way to get our 2 stud backs into the 2nd level, they'll make things happen from there.

Comment

• Kind of a lame weekend of football, with the Colts not playing and a number of other boring games. Thankfully the Colts are back in action.

It sounds like Kelvin Hayden and Charlie Johnson will definitely be back for this game, and Bob Sanders could be too. (I think he will play this game.) This week the Colts travel to St. Louis.

Obviously the Rams are struggling right now, but the big thing is for the Colts to not turn the ball over. Turnovers can keep a poor/struggling team in the game, and if they're in the game they gain confidence they can pull it off, and you've got a hornet's nest in your lap. Even if the game isn't close, the score could be.

Remember the game against Detroit last year? Two special teams fumbles (one of them was a mistake by the refs but whatever) kept them in the game, such that the score was close (21-21) until the 4th quarter when the Colts took control (finishing 31-21). Look at the Cowboys/Chiefs game two weeks ago. Cowboys turn the ball over 2 or 3 times, and they escape with the overtime win. The season opener against the Jags is another example.

Plus this is accentuated with a Rams defense that is good at creating turnovers, they were last year even before Spagnuolo took over this offseason. They were among the league leaders in forcing fumbles last season, but luck of the ball bouncing, couldn't recover most of them. They're doing a good job of creating turnovers this year. They've got a ballhawk free safety in Otogwe. Leonard Little still creates turnovers, heck he had his first career pick six against the Jags yesterday.

If Spags has some schemes planned, maybe some blitzes, it may catch Peyton and the offense off guard a little bit early on. This is an unfamiliar opponent. Keep that in mind, although I do think/agree the Colts offense will play well and be effective in terms of the game overall.

Same with the defense, I think they will do well too. The Rams deep threat receiver Donnie Avery was either injured or reaggravated a previous injury against the Jags, early in the 2nd quarter. Maybe the Colts don't see him this Sunday, we'll see. Either way, the Rams will have to try and deal with the tenacity and the speed of the Colts.

This is the last road game before a 3-game home stretch, which includes Houston and New England, so this is no time for a misstep and I am sure everyone on the Colts knows that.

Comment

• Jeff Fisher needs a Peyton jersey to feel like a winner

It gave me laughs, not sure Titans fans find it funny.

http://www.rcktwn.com/rallyforrocketown

http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/200...-the-rocketown

Comment

• OMG!!!!!!

The second link gives a bunch of responses by Titans fans......and they ain't happy.

Comment

• Bwa ha ha ha ha ha

Comment

• That is the coolest moment ever.

Super awesome.

You get your Peyton on, Fisher.

Comment

• Addai dances his way into your heart?

http://www.indystar.com/article/2009...e+not+an+issue

Addai a reliable short-yardage man

Colts running back Joseph Addai might have a reputation for being a dancer, but the numbers say he's a basher.

Addai has converted 42-of-53 third-down attempts of 2 or fewer yards for a 79.2 percent rate that is the NFL's best among active players since 2000 (minimum of 25 attempts).

Minnesota's Adrian Peterson is second at 41-of-53 (77.4), followed by Miami's Ronnie Brown at 40-for-53 (75.5) and Kansas City's Larry Johnson at 56-of-75 (74.7).

The Colts are 12-of-15 on third-and-2 or less this season, an 80 percent success rate that trails only Miami's 17-for-20, 85 percent.
                              Guess we'll always wonder what would have happened if they ran Addai on that 3rd and 2 in San Diego.

Keep up the great work, Joe.

Comment

• Gosh I wonder if this means he isn't that bad, and that it was actually the crappy line that was the problem.

Addai is not perfect but he's not the dancing nancy that most dumb fans like to think he is. I'd say his biggest problem is how injury prone he is (not much to do about that), followed by his indecision at times, especially when he gets to the 2nd level.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information