Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wasn't putting Garrard on a pedestal or anything...i just think the video is cool because of the music behind it...and it was a damn good run...

Comment

• Just so you guys know, i'm still firmly on the Byron Leftwich bandwagon and I have no plans on getting off anytime soon. :D

Comment

• Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
        I wasn't putting Garrard on a pedestal or anything...i just think the video is cool because of the music behind it...and it was a damn good run...
        It was a good run. If you think about it, Garrard saved his behind by converting that fourth down and getting the team in position to win with a field goal. Garrard didn't have a great overall performance, but he got the win which is most important.

Also, I wondered why the Jags didn't try running the ball on the earlier play, 3rd and 2. I'd like the ball in either Fred Taylor's hands or Maurice Drew's hands in that scenario, myself.

Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
        Just so you guys know, i'm still firmly on the Byron Leftwich bandwagon and I have no plans on getting off anytime soon. :D
        ROFLeftwich
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
          Also, I wondered why the Jags didn't try running the ball on the earlier play, 3rd and 2. I'd like the ball in either Fred Taylor's hands or Maurice Drew's hands in that scenario, myself.
          Garrard said in the press conference that he wanted the QB draw on 3rd and 2, but he was shot down.

And yes, ROLeftwich. And OMDel Rio.

by BoneKrusher
          <DG> how metal unseen
          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

I wasn't putting Garrard on a pedestal or anything...i just think the video is cool because of the music behind it...and it was a damn good run...
            Yeah, I know. I was kiddin around. Definitely a top moment in Jaguars history.

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
              It was a good run. If you think about it, Garrard saved his behind by converting that fourth down and getting the team in position to win with a field goal. Garrard didn't have a great overall performance, but he got the win which is most important.

ROFLeftwich
              they got away from the run in the whole fourth quarter...I don't know why...Maurice was having a helluva game, I would have put it into his hands on that 3rd and 2...It's interesting that Koetter shot down Garrard when he called for the scramble on 3rd down...maybe a little non-trust issue....??

Comment

• I forget, but who else was riding that Leftwich train hard? I believe it was my good friend Unseen, but not positive.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                  I forget, but who else was riding that Leftwich train hard? I believe it was my good friend Unseen, but not positive.
                  I always thought he was the better QB. I never was a Leftwich homer, but I would defend him when I got the chance (and trust me, that happened an infinite amount of times on the jaguars.com message board). I was moreso a pro-coaching staff guy, meaning I trusted their decision. When news broke of "the big move," I was completely stunned, but I wasn't mad or anything; I gave a "wait-and-see" approach. I also was somewhat relieved because the controversy was done away with.

by BoneKrusher
                  <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                    I also was somewhat relieved because the controversy was done away with.
                    Blasphemy, Lefty would've lead them to a perfect season.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                      Blasphemy, Lefty would've lead them to a perfect season.

"You're mocking me, aren't you?"

by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

Don't underestimate my love for Byron Leftwich. I even got a jersey of him for Christmas once. Top that biznotch.

Comment

I would have given you +rep for that quote there but it won't let me until I spread some rep around....oh well

So, Unseen, what do you think of Garrard now that he's played an entire season as a starter...do you think he's the man for the Jags? just curious, reading that you were a Lefty man...

Comment

I would have given you +rep for that quote there but it won't let me until I spread some rep around....oh well

So, Unseen, what do you think of Garrard now that he's played an entire season as a starter...do you think he's the man for the Jags? just curious, reading that you were a Lefty man...
                            He's obviously better than Leftwich was, and has had one the best quarterbacking seasons for the Jaguars in their history. He's 29, so he has at least 4-5 years where he can expected to perform at a high level. I think with more experience and with better receivers, he can only go up.

by BoneKrusher
                            <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

He's obviously better than Leftwich was, and has had one the best quarterbacking seasons for the Jaguars in their history. He's 29, so he has at least 4-5 years where he can expected to perform at a high level. I think with more experience and with better receivers, he can only go up.
                              sure enough...I was just wondering what you thought of him now...

I still think that we need to draft a QB to groom...plus I don't think that Quinn Gray is going to stick around...

Comment

sure enough...I was just wondering what you thought of him now...

I still think that we need to draft a QB to groom...plus I don't think that Quinn Gray is going to stick around...
                                Quinn Gray's probably not gonna stick around, true. I don't remember the number and the reason, but the money to keep Gray would be outrageous for a back-up QB. So then we'd definitely need to draft a QB.

Whether he'd be "groomed" is hard to say. Garrard is not young, but he's not "old" either. He still has a good deal of years left until he'd be expected to regress, so a draft QB for the future this year may have to wait awhile.

by BoneKrusher
                                <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information