Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaguars and Jerry Porter are all but a done deal, according to radio stations.

Well, this is interesting. It's a good acquisition, but along with Troy Williamson, it definitely means that Ernest Wilford's gone, it may mean Matt Jones is gone, and it may mean that the coaching staff doesn't think Mike Walker is what's he's all cracked up to be.

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• It's an alright move. It still leaves us without a true number 1, but whatever Jack thinks is best is fine with me.

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
      It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
      Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
      http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
      421 Witness
      756*

Comment

• Reports are also that Wilford has been signed by the Dolphins, and we have signed Cleo Lemon.

Adios, E-Dub. You were always a fan favorite and a class act.

And hello another black quarterback, lol. It's like a friggin social experiment. But reports are that we were driving hard for Todd Collins, so we're not totally racist ;)

by BoneKrusher
        <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• Do any Jacksonville fans believe Matt Jones could be traded? Or will it be just blowing smoke? (I remember last season he didn't get alot of playing time, nor was he happy)
          Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
          Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
            Do any Jacksonville fans believe Matt Jones could be traded? Or will it be just blowing smoke? (I remember last season he didn't get alot of playing time, nor was he happy)
            He might get released...trading, probably not.

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
              He might get released...trading, probably not.
              You guys did trade for Troy Williamson so im sure you guys could get something for Jones. Personally Id like the Bears to offer a 5th or maybe even a 4th for him.

But you think he might get released? Really? is he that bad?
              Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
              Jimmy Buckets <3

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
                You guys did trade for Troy Williamson so im sure you guys could get something for Jones. Personally Id like the Bears to offer a 5th or maybe even a 4th for him.

But you think he might get released? Really? is he that bad?
                Well...I guess anything's possible.

So what I'm trying to say is that I have no real clue. I could see arguments for all possibilities: trade, release, keep.

by BoneKrusher
                <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• Via PFT:

FLORENCE A JAG?
                  Chargers cornerback Drayton Florence is looking for a new team. On Friday, he visited with the Bucs. But now he's on his way to Jacksonville, and he's expected to join the Jaguars.
                  Per Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune, a deal with the Jags is "all but done."
                  Meanwhile, former Chargers running back Michael Turner remains in Atlanta, and his agent is negotiating with the teams about a contract.

by BoneKrusher
                  <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• Haha, free agency is wonderful, ain't it?

REPORTS OF FLORENCE TO JAGS PREMATURE
                    In response to a report from the San Diego Union-Tribune that cornerback Drayton Florence has a deal "all but done" with the Jags, a league source tells us that a deal is not imminent, or close.
                    Florence will visit with the Jags on Saturday, and he might work out a deal with them. But we're told that he's scheduling other visits and talking with other teams and isn't poised to sign with the Jaguars, or anyone.
                    With Asante Samuel signed and Marcus Trufant and Nnamdi Asomougha wearing the franchise tag, Florence is arguably the best free-agent option on the market at the position.

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• I think Florence will get a deal done with the Jags tomorrow...I just hope he doesn't command anywhere near what Asante Samuel got...I'd prefer about 15 mil guaranteed...

I also think that if he is signed it could signal Brian William's days at CB over...new days starting at Safety...

Comment

• Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                        I think Florence will get a deal done with the Jags tomorrow...I just hope he doesn't command anywhere near what Asante Samuel got...I'd prefer about 15 mil guaranteed...

I also think that if he is signed it could signal Brian William's days at CB over...new days starting at Safety...
                        You were correct, sir. Except he was for 12 mil in bonus money, which is obviously better.

I don't agree about Brian Williams, though. I think Brian has the chance to lose his starting spot and become the nickel corner, but I think we'll pursue a traditional safety in free agency or the draft.

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• Stroud to the Bills for a 3rd and 5th round pick
                          Originally posted by Paul
                          Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                          Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                          These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• I think we got great value for Stroud and it positions us to move up in the draft and get a playmaking DE or DT...

Florence is a great signing...I do think there will be open competition for the #2 cornerback spot...but I think it is William's to lose..

Comment

• Troy Williamson. Jerry Porter. Drayton Florence. Heck, even Cleo Lemon.

All of them meet a big need.

All of the position players have the potential to be outstanding players for us down the road.

Comment

• Jerry Porter and Drayton Florence are big time signings for us..they instantly upgrade their respective positions...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information