X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While we are admiring Alfie...

Originally posted by Alfie
    Originally posted by spot collins
    Our yards per carry was abysmal that year. And I saw with my own eyes Greg Jones whiffing on blitzers and not even attempting recover and then just ho-humming it back to the huddle after his assignment got a sack.

tell me right now why you thiink he was playing at a pro-bowl level because that statement is a complete joke as it stands right now.
    Because Greg Jones was absolutely beast of a lead blocker and was money on short yardage. He's a virtual clone of Mike Alstott with better running ability and more athleticism.

Taylor's YPC in the I-Formation this year: 4.6
    Taylor's YPC in the I-Formation last year: 4.5

And this was with Taylor coming off MAJOR knee surgery in 2005. Our short comings running the ball stemmed a heck of a lot more from poor offensive line play more than who the FB was. Look at how much pulling etc. is used now as opposed to last year. Not to mention Manuwai and Naoele played at pro-bowl levels instead of sucking/being injured. The running backs actually averaged 0.5 more YPC out of a loneback formation than the I in 2006.

Do you remember the Pittsburgh game in Pittsburgh? When Greg Jones was slicing through the Steelers and running over Troy Polamalu and Joey Porter with ease filling in for Fred Taylor? What happened in the 2nd half.... Wimbush was yanked because he couldn't block anything at FB and Greg Jones replaced him out of absolute necessity.

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen
      While we are admiring Alfie...

Originally posted by Alfie
      Originally posted by spot collins
      Our yards per carry was abysmal that year. And I saw with my own eyes Greg Jones whiffing on blitzers and not even attempting recover and then just ho-humming it back to the huddle after his assignment got a sack.

tell me right now why you thiink he was playing at a pro-bowl level because that statement is a complete joke as it stands right now.
      Because Greg Jones was absolutely beast of a lead blocker and was money on short yardage. He's a virtual clone of Mike Alstott with better running ability and more athleticism.

Taylor's YPC in the I-Formation this year: 4.6
      Taylor's YPC in the I-Formation last year: 4.5

And this was with Taylor coming off MAJOR knee surgery in 2005. Our short comings running the ball stemmed a heck of a lot more from poor offensive line play more than who the FB was. Look at how much pulling etc. is used now as opposed to last year. Not to mention Manuwai and Naoele played at pro-bowl levels instead of sucking/being injured. The running backs actually averaged 0.5 more YPC out of a loneback formation than the I in 2006.

Do you remember the Pittsburgh game in Pittsburgh? When Greg Jones was slicing through the Steelers and running over Troy Polamalu and Joey Porter with ease filling in for Fred Taylor? What happened in the 2nd half.... Wimbush was yanked because he couldn't block anything at FB and Greg Jones replaced him out of absolute necessity.
      Well, I remember reading in a fantasy magazine in 2003 (I think) that Taylor, over his career, averaged nearly a yard per carry more out of the singleback formation than in any two-back formations. It makes sense, as his slashing running style works best when the defense is spread out.

Comment

• What do you guys think about Deon Grant?
        Originally posted by Paul
        Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
        Originally posted by Vikes99ej
        These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• Originally posted by Number 10
          What do you guys think about Deon Grant?
          He's solid for what he does since he's more of a deep coverage guy, but I think an upgrade could be had if he is not re-signed. I hear he's a great leader and that Del Rio likes him, but he had rejected the first contract offer, making his future here in legit doubt.

Not sure how he would fit on the Giants, though.

by BoneKrusher
          <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10
            He's solid for what he does since he's more of a deep coverage guy, but I think an upgrade could be had if he is not re-signed. I hear he's a great leader and that Del Rio likes him, but he had rejected the first contract offer, making his future here in legit doubt.

He would be better pared with a playmaking SS who forces fumbles and gets INT's.

big ups to Sf49ers1121

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10

Pretty much sums it up. Although, he did get beat a bit much this year for a deep coverage guy. It also bothers me that he has zero playmaking skills. And he's not very good against the run.

For the most part, though, he's pretty good at taking the deep middle of the field away. Maybe him getting burnt more often this year was a fluke, or maybe it was a sign of age starting to creep up on him.

Comment

• How do you feel about the new look Jaguars.com? And there screenservers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jagsfreak123
                  How do you feel about the new look Jaguars.com? And there screenservers?
                  not bad, but still not as good as the blackbirds 8)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jagsfreak123
                    How do you feel about the new look Jaguars.com? And there screenservers?
                    First one I saw was Del Rio on the front page.

Needless to say, I love it.

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• Internet finally back at full power. 8)

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
                      It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
                      Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
                      http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
                      421 Witness
                      756*

Comment

• Originally posted by jag
                        Internet finally back at full power. 8)
                        meh...

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

Originally posted by jag
                          meh...
                          Well I guess somebody isn't having Firehouse for dinner...

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris
                          It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
                          Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
                          http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
                          421 Witness
                          756*

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen
                            Originally posted by jag
                            meh...
                            Have I ever told you how devilshly handsome that you are?

by BoneKrusher
                            <DG> how metal unseen

Comment

• what is it with Mr.Wright and Teddy Ginn to the jags? That puts us a step past the Lions in the WR drafting department. i'm beginning to think that we the team should try to trade down and pick up an extra pick

big ups to Sf49ers1121

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen
                                Originally posted by jag
                                meh...
                                You son of a bit@h

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information