Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside of C I'm not sold on the OL depth.

As for the DL if Gilberry plays like he did last year and Bailey isn't a "deer in the head lights rookie" they should be fine.

My biggest concern on the DL is TJax not stepping up...

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
      Outside of C I'm not sold on the OL depth.

As for the DL if Gilberry plays like he did last year and Bailey isn't a "deer in the head lights rookie" they should be fine.

My biggest concern on the DL is TJax not stepping up...
      I just think Guard and C is fine since Hudson can play both, I think Harris ends up on the squad, we need B Rich and we need to sign another tackle.
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• I am happy if they just do what the Pats do and carry 2 QBs. With Zorn, they should be more than fine. Bring in Brad Smith...

Depth was the biggest issue on defense, and they really got it done with the draft. They need another corner or two, but I think they're in great shape. Ty Warren is a nice option, too. They need a backup OT and WR depth... This team looks really good.

Comment

• Brad Smith signed with the Bills.

Comment

• Lilja has been moved to LG which is what he played for the Colts and Asamoah has been moved to RG.

Comment

• The Kansas City Chiefs officially have offensive tackle Barry Richardson under contract. This leaves CB Brandon Carr as the lone unsigned restricted free agent.

Comment

• I hope Carr signs it soon. We need to get him and Flowers long term deals.. as well as Tamba and Bowe. Ugh. Might be hard signing everyone.

Originally posted by fenikz
                His soft D really turns me off
                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• That is one of the reasons I'm ok with not doing much in FA I would much rather resign our own guys.

Hali,Flowers and Bowe in that order.

I would love to lock up Carr as well but if I had to pick one to lose it would be him.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                    I hope Carr signs it soon. We need to get him and Flowers long term deals.. as well as Tamba and Bowe. Ugh. Might be hard signing everyone.
                    Shouldn't be. Keeping the core defensive players and Bowe is what most of that cap room should be going towards. Carr, Flowers, Tamba, and Bowe should all get deals done throughout the pre-season.

Comment

• I actually wouldn't be surprised if we don't keep one of the CBs, I know thats what they do in NE so if Pioli picked that up I bet Flowers will be traded unless he's willing to take a very team friendly contract.
                      Remember if you have a strong pass rush it makes your defensive backfield look better than it is. I think its extremely important that we keep Hali, Bowe, Dorsey, and Gilberry, it all starts in the trenches, I don't think we will keep a lot of the "skill" players unless they sign very team friendly contracts.

Comment

• That's what they do in NE when the star CB decides to hold out.

Comment

• Don't get me wrong Carr has stepped up his game and I want to keep him but if it comes down to Carr or Flowers I'm taking Flowers every day of the week.

Comment

• We shouldn't have to choose, hopefully.

Flowers was hurt much of last year, but Carr stepped it up in a big way.

Originally posted by fenikz
                            His soft D really turns me off
                            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• http://www.kansas.com/2011/08/02/195...ponent-to.html

"No,'' defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel said simply when asked if he was satisfied with the pass rush as currently constituted. "Tamba's not here.

"As soon as Tamba gets here, my pass rush will improve.''
                              Pay the MAN!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                                Don't get me wrong Carr has stepped up his game and I want to keep him but if it comes down to Carr or Flowers I'm taking Flowers every day of the week.
                                The only way one of them will get snubbed is if someone holds out and makes a stink about their contract. I think the market was set with Cromartie's $32m/4y contract. Give Flowers $40/5 and Carr $37/5 and I think we're good.

You could probably even go $30/5 with Carr if you make a point to sign him first. Then you can probably leverage that contract to get Flowers to take a little less. than $40.

Also, Charles Johnson got $72/6. Give Tamba $78/6... Pretty easy. Holmes got $50/5, give Bowe the same contract.

I just signed all of the guys that need to be re-signed... What's up now?
                                Last edited by nepg; 08-03-2011, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information