Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Kansas City Chiefs General Discussion Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chiefs defensive lineman Tyson Jackson will miss a 1-2 weeks with a knee injury, according to a report out of Kansas City. This will be worth monitoring during the week. Jackson, the No. 3 overall pick in 2009, had a strong game against the Chargers on Monday before leaving the game.
    This sucks, he didn't have the kinda game Dorsey did but I thought he took on blockers and had a pretty good game.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Splat View Post
      I'm fine with that but the guy still holds on to the ball to long and seems to think run first throw second, he didn't complete a signal pass till the second quarter vs the Eagles it's hard not to worry after that.

      The only time he looks comfortable to me is when they run a hurry up offense, I really don't think he trusts his OL which is understandable after last year but this is not last years OL.
      I think he started realizing that the OL will hold up in the 2nd half. He looked way more confident stepping back, going through progressions, then stepping into throws. We'll see a much different player over the next couple weeks. There were a couple bad drops, the running game was working, and the Chiefs really didn't have the ball enough for him to throw it a lot.

      Comment


      • Chiefs place Cameron Sheffield on injured reserve

        Comment


        • This is probably the best for everyone. Neck injuries can linger for sometime. This way Sheff doesn't feel pressure to get back to quickly and possibly injure himself even worse. Plus, the Chiefs don't have to worry about a roster spot and how long his injury will take to heal. I'm sorry to see him go. His pass rush skills could be used at some point this season, but there will always be next year.

          Comment


          • They are going to show the game again tonight on NFL Network at 7c. :)

            Comment


            • Congratulations to the AFC West division leaders!!

              Sounds strange doesn't it? I only saw p/o the game but the highlight film was all KC. And yeah I'll take credit for posting that about team speed & youth having it all over the other division members back in April after the great draft the Chiefs had, both showed up bigtime vs. SD. That & the rain too factored well for the home team, the announcers talked about the rain & wet balls, both had to play in it so if Cassel could handle the wet ball why couldn't Rivers?

              KC has one of the youngest (if not the youngest) teams in the NFL.

              All the bandwagon pundits are now comparing the KC return game to the glory days of Dante Hall leading the league. The SEC return duo of Arenas & McCluster turned it into a track meet in the mud: Arenas with 119 return yds. for a scary 19.7 KO return avg. & 30 avg. for punt returns, & McCluster for a blistering 100-yd return yds including a 94-yarder (franchise rcd?) for a TD. And before the draft they said they were too small to play in the NFL..... yeah right.

              And home teams did very well in the NFL openers, home teams went 11-5, in the opening games, only the Jets, Buffalo, Jags, Eagles, & Rams lost.

              If Bowe doesn't lead the league in drops again & that killer pass rush (Tambi Hali actually got a sack!) remains consistent, KC could really be back, no more drafting in the top 5 anymore. Big round of applause for the Chiefs, bravo!
              Last edited by LizardState; 09-16-2010, 11:14 AM.

              Comment


              • The best thing for us would be to be drafting in the middle of the first, instead of the top 5. I'd love to get some receiver talent on this team to work with. Chambers is up there and Bowe is wildly inconsistent. I'll give Bowe a pass for the MNF game because of the rain and the heavy/slick balls, but he needs to have a much better year. The dude is so damn athletic and can make plays after he catches it, he just needs to catch it..

                Originally posted by fenikz
                His soft D really turns me off
                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

                Comment


                • Originally posted by vidae View Post
                  The best thing for us would be to be drafting in the middle of the first, instead of the top 5. I'd love to get some receiver talent on this team to work with. Chambers is up there and Bowe is wildly inconsistent. I'll give Bowe a pass for the MNF game because of the rain and the heavy/slick balls, but he needs to have a much better year. The dude is so damn athletic and can make plays after he catches it, he just needs to catch it..
                  this is where you and I disagree.those were passes an NFL WR HAS TO MAKE!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                    this is where you and I disagree.those were passes an NFL WR HAS TO MAKE!
                    Chambers dropped an easy one too but I don't see you calling for his head.

                    Originally posted by fenikz
                    His soft D really turns me off
                    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by vidae View Post
                      Chambers dropped an easy one too but I don't see you calling for his head.
                      Chambers did'nt lead the league in drops last year.anytime a pass hits you right in the hands weather Bowe or Chambers you HAVE to make the play.thse two drops by Bowe were the best throws Cassel made all game

                      Comment


                      • DJ has 20 tackles in two games, it's nice to see him put up back to back good games for once.

                        Flowers has been lights out, I don't think he will go to the pro bowl (haters) but I think he will play like a pro bowler.

                        Comment


                        • Something that I have noticed about cassel is he gets a lot of passes batted down at the LOS, which caused one INT against the browns, and will probably cause more if he doesn't fix whatever problem that is, he's 6'4" or 6'5" I wouldn't think this shoud be a problem for someone his size.
                          Another thing he needs to step up into the pocket more, that's what its for.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by chief_fan88 View Post
                            Something that I have noticed about cassel is he gets a lot of passes batted down at the LOS, which caused one INT against the browns, and will probably cause more if he doesn't fix whatever problem that is, he's 6'4" or 6'5" I wouldn't think this shoud be a problem for someone his size.
                            Another thing he needs to step up into the pocket more, that's what its for.
                            Good observations. It seems to me that he throws at a 3/4 motion on drag patterns sometimes and it seems to be getting tipped quite frequently. He did actually have a pocket on many occasions this week, but even though he does a good job of staying strong and looking up field, he doesn't seem to do well in stepping up and letting the play develop. I do think he will get better, but his ceiling doesn't appear quite as high as I hoped when we got him.

                            Comment


                            • Any pass over 20 yards and it's up for grabs for both teams, Cassel has no accuracy what so ever.

                              I to wonder why he has so many balls knocked down, at 6'5 you would think that would not be a problem.

                              Comment


                              • Hey, you guys remember when I picked Derek Sherrod for ya'll in the Forum Mock back in May?

                                The same Derek Sherrod who's being hyped to oblivion by Scott Wright and heaps of posters?

                                Well I just wanted to *FLEX*.
                                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

                                [@TDWinstead]
                                Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information