Chiefs Sign Vet S Mike Brown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs Sign Vet S Mike Brown

The Chiefs have agreed to contract terms with veteran safety Mike Brown. Brown, a nine-year veteran and a 2005 Pro Bowler with the Chicago Bears, could challenge either of the incumbents, Bernard Pollard and Jarrad Page, for a starting job.

http://www.kansascity.com/159/story/...k=omni_popular

On the cheap i heard too which helps!
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

If healthy. . .
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

love the guy, but he's finished.

Comment

not that big of news, was announced in the Free AGent thread already

Comment

Awesome awesome guy. Field and locker room leader.

Made of glass.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
            Awesome awesome guy. Field and locker room leader.

Made of glass.
            Incredible instincts and heart. Hits hard and plays the run well.

Slow as molasses after the injuries.

Going to miss him. Always seemed to come up with clutch touchdowns.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNVm1...layer_embedded

Comment

Would have taken him, completely busted, over Clinton Hart anyday. Officially crossing my fingers for Kevin Ellison as a rookie starter.

I hope the Chiefs don't start him, why bother hindering the development of Page and Pollard? Sick duo.

Comment

Yeah I agree with you, though if he replaces anyone I hope it's Pollard. I love Page as a player right now. Strong, smart, plays the run well and has a knack for the big interception, just ask the Raiders.

Page and Pollard will be a great tandem for years.

Originally posted by fenikz
                His soft D really turns me off
                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                  Would have taken him, completely busted, over Clinton Hart anyday. Officially crossing my fingers for Kevin Ellison as a rookie starter.

I hope the Chiefs don't start him, why bother hindering the development of Page and Pollard? Sick duo.
                  I wouldn't bet on that. CC.SD told me he is playing LB:

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                  How are people so down on Kevin Ellison, he's a sixth round pick who will be playing dime package linebacker for us. With a reputation for being a leader, student of the game, and fierce hitter, plus he's bigger than Donnie Edwards ever was. For a team that got carved up over the middle, that's a very nifty pick in the sixth.

It's already been stated he won't be playing at SS.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                  https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

I just have a general question here.

Why does it always seem like there is so much love for Bears players as soon as they leave the Bears?

For years I defend Orton and say things like I think we would have won that Superbowl with him starting over Rex.....but people are just like "no he sucks" but then he goes to Denver, and suddenly people are like "oh, he could be pretty good there!"

ahhhhhhh.......

And now Mike Brown....loved him for years and years and I'd talk him up so much and people were like "he's always hurt" and I was like "yeah....but he's good when healthy" and people were like "nahhh....he sucks." And then he becomes a free agent and it excites some Chiefs fans and now we have a Chargers fan wishing they would have got him....

ahhhhh......

And then a popular guy, Cutler, who I and a lot of people liked even before he became a Bear, goes to the Bears, and people are just like....."he sucks." Like......it seems seriously like its everybody now, and he hasn't even taken a snap for us. People on here, people i work with in real life, it's terrible. I knew so many people who were like "Cutler is the next great QB, book it" but none of them exist any longer since he's been traded to the Bears.

ahhhhh....

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                      I just have a general question here.

Why does it always seem like there is so much love for Bears players as soon as they leave the Bears?

For years I defend Orton and say things like I think we would have won that Superbowl with him starting over Rex.....but people are just like "no he sucks" but then he goes to Denver, and suddenly people are like "oh, he could be pretty good there!"

ahhhhhhh.......

And then a popular guy, Cutler, who I and a lot of people liked even before he became a Bear, goes to the Bears, and people are just like....."he sucks." Like......it seems seriously like its everybody now, and he hasn't even taken a snap for us. People on here, people i work with in real life, it's terrible. I knew so many people who were like "Cutler is the next great QB, book it" but none of them exist any longer since he's been traded to the Bears.

ahhhhh....
                      Pretty sure people are saying Orton will be good in Denver see him being able to produce in that system behind that great offense.

As for Cutler, he goes from a promising offense that looked to be built to succeed for decades, to well, Chicago's offense that doesn't really have a receiving threat, signed an oldie to be the LT and putting a lot of faith in Forte. I like Cutler, he has tremendous talent, but he also needs to progress further and stop making mistakes/choking.

Comment

I don't know a single Chiefs fan who is "excited" to have Mike Brown on the roster. He is a good veteran signing but I hope he doesn't see the field ever.

Originally posted by fenikz
                        His soft D really turns me off
                        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

If he can stay healthy I still think he can be a starter at SS. Not a great or even good starter but a decent one.

Comment

Bah . . . I hope he takes Pollard's spot and that bastard is relegated to washing jock straps all season.

lol. Nah, not really. He's a good depth signing but it's not likely he takes over a starting role. But the Chiefs are young and can use some veteran leaders. Vrable & Brown can bring that.

oh, and Cutler is the next great QB, book it.

EDIT: That should read Cassel . . . der der der
                            Last edited by FlyingElvis; 07-14-2009, 10:22 AM.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

I'm betting he ends up starting if he's healthy. He's only 31, and a pro bowl caliber safety.
                              Pioli Will Lead, I Will Follow!

Custom Promotional Products | Personalized Tote Bags

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information