Chiefs sign Matt Cassel to long term extension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs sign Matt Cassel to long term extension

just reported on FOX 4 a few minutes ago.Chiefs will announce the terms later today

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4327067

6 years 63 million
    Last edited by KCJ58; 07-14-2009, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Expensive, but the contract appears tailored to absorb the hit early which considering the cap room we have is not a bad move. I believe he will work out and it will be nice to have some stability at the position.

Comment

Mis-take. Signing him this early is a mistake.

Oh well. At least we have someone locked up there for six years.

Originally posted by fenikz
        His soft D really turns me off
        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

DYNASTY. Their are pros and cons about this but whatever.
          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
            Mis-take. Signing him this early is a mistake.

Oh well. At least we have someone locked up there for six years.
            my take on this is Pioli scouted and drafted Cassel.he has to feel Cassel is the QBOTF.if it was a mistake only time will tell but Pioli has a track record that says to trust him on this

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
              my take on this is Pioli scouted and drafted Cassel.he has to feel Cassel is the QBOTF.if it was a mistake only time will tell but Pioli has a track record that says to trust him on this
              Weren't you the biggest anti-Pioli Chiefs fan ever after the draft? Now you're saying to trust him?

Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                Weren't you the biggest anti-Pioli Chiefs fan ever after the draft? Now you're saying to trust him?
                anger management does wonders lol

Comment

It's risky, but at the same time I like it because now we are solidified. We are putting all our eggs into one basket, let's just pray he is what we think he is.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

Other than Trent Green, we have been in need of a good QB for years.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

Look, I don't think this is risky at all. And it's pretty much what had to be done.

1 - Even if Cassel is mediocre this year, we shouldn't judge him on this year. It will take some time for Haley and Pioli to replenish this team. We need to improve along the offensive line, at WR, at TE, and in the backfield where LJ is not a long-term answer. Did I get everyone?

2 - Pioli and Haley have 3-5 years. They've hitched their wagon to Cassel. You sure don't want to take the risk of losing him if he DOES excel.

3 - This is what starting QBs make in this league. We've got a first round draft pick who has NEVER played in the league who is going to get just as much guaranteed money. And just as long of a contract.

The only way this backfires is if he gets hurt this year and his career ends. Other than this, pretty much the worse scenario is that he turns out to be only a decent QB, and not a great QB.
                      Pioli Will Lead, I Will Follow!

Custom Promotional Products | Personalized Tote Bags

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information