No announcement yet.

Dolphins draft thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no way we would trade up for a QB, we might not take one if they are there.

That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

Comment

Houston ran a 4.32. Hall ran a 4.39. Top two CBs, both looking like top 20 guys if not higher. Wouldn't shock me if either landed in Miami.

That is correct comahan
      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
      <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
        Hypothetically speaking: CJ & Joe Thomas both get drafted before the Bucs. Do you guys think it is realistic/smart to trade up to #4 and take the Bucs' spot, possibly for Russell, Quinn or both?
        no way I would want to trade up for a QB, if one fell it would have to be considered with the lack of consistent QB play. But, no way would I trade up for one. I would only trade up for CJ in this draft.

I was wrong about hall and the speed and I will bite the bullet on that one. Landry and Houston are intriquing as well. Plus there is moss (I think Adams will be long gone by the time we pick). Okoye and Branch needs to be considered if they feel they can be a 3-4 DE (even though I still question both at the role and think they are better 4-3 players still we do hybrid sometimes).

Overall the combine has been good for us showing us more talent out there in this draft.

My still concerns over a DB in the 1st round is there is alot of DB talent in this draft. Just like WR, I feel both could be had in the 2nd round (like you did in your mock offseason). There were can pick up the needs filled position. I would rather try to swipe something like a Dlineman or even OLB if Adams somehow fell to us (better to pray for rain in the middle of a desert then that right now though).

My biggest hope is that Minnesota reaches for Meacham at 7, both QBs are off the board before us. Perhaps someway for Adams to perhaps fall if Washington falls in love with Anderson or something.

Comment

Okoye is like Warren Sapp and really has no place in a 3-4.

I really wish we would have taken Cromartie last year and then we could take Landry this year, *sigh*. Landry is such a better player than Allen. I really want to have Allen go to CB now and get Landry to play FS. We'll have to wait and see though. DB does have good value later on at CB so I'd like to wait on CB if there is value at another position at #9.

Best case scenario is both QBs go top 8, Peterson, Thomas, CJ all do as well. Then Branch, Landry and maybe Okoye or a WR slip up there too and some way Adams falls to us.

Quick test mock
          1. Oakland- Russell
          2. Lions- Thomas
          3. Browns- AD
          4. Bucs- CJ
          5. Cards- Landry
          6. Washington- Branch
          7. Minny- Meachem
          8. Houston- Quinn

That would be very wishful thinking, but I could see it happening. Hall/Houston seems much more realistic though. I really wouldn't mind DB round 1, then OLB in round 2 because DE/OLB is very deep this year.

That is correct comahan
          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
          <3 dg

Comment

I would love to have Landry, the guy is just absolutely dominating in a great division, has the talent to be a monster as well. Maybe they will think Allen is a CB like Joe Rose and Jimmy keep saying. We can hope I guess. Then again if AD somehow slips to us that would be nice too for the value of the trade there will be great for us. Someone would definitely want to trade up to get him then.

But yeah it is wishful thinking for us to get adams without a trade up (which I would not wish to do unless we are getting CJ somehow)

Comment

i absolutely hate Todd McShay but he supposedly has knowledge of the draft and i was watching ESPN earlier and he gave us a little 3 round mock.

1. Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas
              2. Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan
              3. Kevin Kolb, QB, Houston

i like the staley pick but i think kolb is a reach there and im not totally sold on anderson as a top 15 pick, nonetheless a top 10.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I really dislike McShay are rarely agree with anything that comes out of his mouth.

That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlegom View Post
                  i absolutely hate Todd McShay but he supposedly has knowledge of the draft and i was watching ESPN earlier and he gave us a little 3 round mock.

1. Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas
                  2. Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan
                  3. Kevin Kolb, QB, Houston

i like the staley pick but i think kolb is a reach there and im not totally sold on anderson as a top 15 pick, nonetheless a top 10.
                  I think anderson is a top 5 if not top 10 at most but I dont think he fits us well honestly.

staley is fine with me but I rather get edwards then kolb (yuck)

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                    I really wish we would have taken Cromartie last year and then we could take Landry this year, *sigh*. Landry is such a better player than Allen. I really want to have Allen go to CB now and get Landry to play FS. We'll have to wait and see though.

I was just going to ask someone here about him...whats the story with allen? i remember alot of people raving about him comingg out just the injury bug, but i heard he didnt really do what was expected of him...is he going into this year as a starter, or backup, or basically a bust ?

and yea that does suck you missed out on cromartie, him and landry in the same secondary would be sick with miami's front seven

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Jury is still out on Allen. He was supposed to be the starting safety last year but because he held out he fell behind and really didn't get a chance to have a big impact. He saw the field but didn't do much. Had some good plays and some bad ones.

That is correct comahan
                      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                      <3 dg

Comment

This is getting very interesting for what miami will do in the draft because of what is going on in FA.

For example with the signing of Traylor back and the belief in evans that has been talked about makes it seem like we will not be looking for a NT (coupled with the lack of truly great NT's in the draft).

With the resigning of Holliday and the stated Roth starting that makes the DE position less of a need (branch/okoye/carriker, etc etc)

Porter coupled with JT makes it so any OLB drafted will not be starting for a few years at least, except in a backup role.

Now with the rumors of perhaps getting stallworth would make it so that we would see less of a need there.

It may very well come down to LT, OG, QB, CB/S (depending on their belief of what position is best to use J allen at).

Of course we need to factor in the fact that BPA should over-ride need in most cases anyways.

I would not be surprised honestly anymore if Landry would become the first pick of the dolphins. For a while back (months actually) I was deadset against such a move because the idea of taking 2 safeties back to back (my consideration the least fuctional position on the defense) is like drafting a kicker in the first two rounds.

With 3 picks in the 1st 60 we should be able to address Oline, secondary, QB all on day one.

Really I think the needs of this team are in flux very much right now it will be interesting to see within a month(s) time (for the draft) where we will end up.

Landry
                        Kalil
                        Staley
                        Edwards

for a possible 1st day draft?

Comment

Staley won't last to our second second rounder, and he might not last to our first pick.

That is correct comahan
                          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                          <3 dg

Comment

His pro day was that good?

Comment

Landry in the 1st followed by Kalil in the 2nd is what I'm crossing my fingers for..

Comment

Staley's stock has been higher than our pick since the season ended. He's always been a late 1/early 2 guy.

That is correct comahan
                                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                                <3 dg

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information