Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dolphins draft thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    There is no chance we would take him. We can sign a back up or get one later in the draft, we wouldn't take one at #9. I don't see him getting past Atlanta know though. If he did fall I could see a trade with Buffalo or GB though. Nice sig quote btw, nowhere near the worst though.

    That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

    Comment


    • #62
      Just from that guy or in general ?
      And is it just me or is Adrian Peterson really the hardest guy to place in the 1st round...there's soooo many things that could happen as far as trades go...and I'm thinking G.B. and Buffalo are chomping at the bit in hopes that he falls. (even if they don't get him the further he falls the more likely Marshawn would be there for either team)

      Comment


      • #63
        He really is hard to spot him. He can go as high as 3 or as low as 13 with a few spots in between as well as trade possibilities. I'm probably going to have him either in Atlanta or in Houston.

        That is correct comahan
        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
        <3 dg

        Comment


        • #64
          We wouldn't draft him. Unless Ronnie got hurt, he really wouldn't have much use.
          Vince Young is going to prove he's the next overrated QB to come out in years.

          He'll probably end up being a WR or something...

          Comment


          • #65
            Ok so the Ideal mock would be to trade back to Green Bay if Adrian Peterson is still on the board with the 9th pick, however pending this here is what I would like to see out of this years draft:

            1. Laron Landry (BPA - not an urgent need but will definately help the secondary)

            2A. Tony Ugoh (Potential at a high need position)

            2B. Drew Stanton

            3. Aundrae Allison

            4. Matt Spaeth (I am from Minnesota and if it weren't for his injury this year he would be much higher on draft boards, Could definately be a Channing Crowder type pick)

            Comment


            • #66
              I really hope that the dolphins don't take Hall with the 9th pick. I think he is going to be about as good as Allen was last year. As for Allen I hope they move him to CB so we might take Meriweather in the 2nd since I doubt they'll take a Saftey in round 1. Also I hope that Miami really looks at Laurent Robinson out of Illinois St. in the 4th or 6th round depending if he falls to the 6th. I knew him in high school and this kid is a hardworker and loves the game. He showed all the tools to be a good WR at the combine with good size and speed. I know that Miami has already interviewed him last week but I would really like to see him in a Miami jersey.

              Comment


              • #67
                You know how you can figure out who everyone in the top 10 wants the last 2 weeks before the draft (e.g. Sims to Detroit, Huff to Oakland, etc. last year)? Take it from me, Ginn to Miami at #9 (yeah, yeah, i sound like a broke record). I the only pick in the top 11 I missed last year was Donte Whitner (great suprise though for a Buckeye fan like myself though)

                1-Russell
                2-Thomas
                3-Peterson
                4-Johnson
                5-Adams
                6-Okoye
                7-Quinn
                8-Landry
                9-Ginn Jr.
                10-Brown

                unless Oakland wants Cj, then that's a wrong mocktop10

                Comment


                • #68
                  Um, congrats?

                  That is correct comahan
                  I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                  <3 dg

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                    You know how you can figure out who everyone in the top 10 wants the last 2 weeks before the draft (e.g. Sims to Detroit, Huff to Oakland, etc. last year)? Take it from me, Ginn to Miami at #9 (yeah, yeah, i sound like a broke record). I the only pick in the top 11 I missed last year was Donte Whitner (great suprise though for a Buckeye fan like myself though)

                    1-Russell
                    2-Thomas
                    3-Peterson
                    4-Johnson
                    5-Adams
                    6-Okoye
                    7-Quinn
                    8-Landry
                    9-Ginn Jr.
                    10-Brown

                    unless Oakland wants Cj, then that's a wrong mocktop10
                    By all reports, The Lions really want Gaines Adams more then anyone else. The Vikes are content with Travaris Jackson as their future and are using Quinn as a smoke screen. Your not taking trades into accout. CJ could easily go number 1 overall. Not sure how you think you can figure out the top 10 in the draft 2 weeks before. 1st of all the draft is 3 weeks away and on top of that. What happen when the Raiders pull a Mario Williams and skip on both CJ and Russell the way Houston skipped on both Reggie and VY last year. No one saw that coming until the day before the draft when it was anounced. By all accounts the Dolphins like Brady Quinn and Joe Staley alot more then they like Ted Ginn and those two could both go at 9 ahead of Ginn.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      1-Oak - Johnson
                      2- Arizona (det) - Thomas
                      3- Cle -Russell
                      4- Tampa - Okoye
                      5- Detriot (Arizona) - Adams
                      6- Redskins – Anderson/Branch
                      7- Minn -Landry
                      8- Atl - Peterson
                      9- Mia - Quinn
                      10- Hou - Brown


                      Something like that is possible to happen

                      We know that Atlanta likes Peterson.
                      We know that Tampa loves Okoye
                      We know that Raiders owner loves Johnson
                      We know that Detriot wants Adams
                      We know that Arizona wants a good OT, so does Houston
                      Redskins need dline help, could be a canidate to trade back (with us perhaps).
                      Minnesota is the wildcard, I doubt they blow another pick on a QB and state the kid they just drafted with a 2nd was a mistake.

                      If Quinn is gone, I would trade back to around 16-20 and snag staley there. Get another 2nd or 3rd+ and get our left tackle of the future.

                      If we couldnt trade back and were stuck at number 9 there are alot of players I would take before Ginn jr, including even Meachem, Okoye, Branch, Anderson, Brown and even perhaps Staley in a reach.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        I know Detroit really likes Adams, but no way is he higher on their draft board. They love Thomas and he is probably #1 on their board. I haven't heard one person say they love Adams "way more than anybody else"

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                          I know Detroit really likes Adams, but no way is he higher on their draft board. They love Thomas and he is probably #1 on their board. I haven't heard one person say they love Adams "way more than anybody else"
                          Then you haven't done enough reseach. CJ in number on everyone draft boards. Adams is very high (top 3 or 4) on the Lions. Since they already traded for a OT, have enough WRs, and arnt interested in a QB, DE becomes the need. It's called doctoring a draft board to fit your needs, happens all the time in the NFL. That's the reason Russell is considered for number 1 overall, CJ is the best player on the board but according to need, QB is most important so they doctored their draft board. Everything I've read over the past 2 weeks is about how much the Lions love Gaines Adams.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
                            Then you haven't done enough reseach. CJ in number on everyone draft boards. Adams is very high (top 3 or 4) on the Lions. Since they already traded for a OT, have enough WRs, and arnt interested in a QB, DE becomes the need. It's called doctoring a draft board to fit your needs, happens all the time in the NFL. That's the reason Russell is considered for number 1 overall, CJ is the best player on the board but according to need, QB is most important so they doctored their draft board. Everything I've read over the past 2 weeks is about how much the Lions love Gaines Adams.
                            Yep, traded for a LT, and have alot of cash locked up in a solid Right Tackle. They want a big time playmaker on their defense. Adams fits that perfectly as he is easily the best defensive player in the draft for the NFL currently and Okoye is the most upside defensive player in the draft (perhaps overall). Hey Joey does he remind you alot of Tim Bowens also? Everytime I look at game tape of him, he reminds me soo much of Tim in his rookie year (roy that year :) ).

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              This is how I have my top 10 playing out as of right now..

                              1. Oakland Raiders - JaMarcus Russell QB LSU
                              2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (f/DET) - Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech
                              3. Cleveland Browns - Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma
                              4. Detroit Lions (f/TB) - Gaines Adams DE Clemson
                              5. Arizona Cardinals - Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin
                              6. Miami Dolphins (f/WAS) - Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
                              7. Minnesota Vikings - Laron Landry S LSU
                              8. Atlanta Falcons (f/HOU) - Amobi Okoye DT Louisville
                              9. Washington Redskins (f/MIA) - Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas
                              10. Houston Texans (f/ATL) - Levi Brown OT Penn State

                              We give up our third to make sure the Vikings don't nab Quinn from us.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Ronnie Brown View Post
                                This is how I have my top 10 playing out as of right now..

                                1. Oakland Raiders - JaMarcus Russell QB LSU
                                2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (f/DET) - Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech
                                3. Cleveland Browns - Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma
                                4. Detroit Lions (f/TB) - Gaines Adams DE Clemson
                                5. Arizona Cardinals - Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin
                                6. Miami Dolphins (f/WAS) - Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
                                7. Minnesota Vikings - Laron Landry S LSU
                                8. Atlanta Falcons (f/HOU) - Amobi Okoye DT Louisville
                                9. Washington Redskins (f/MIA) - Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas
                                10. Houston Texans (f/ATL) - Levi Brown OT Penn State

                                We give up our third to make sure the Vikings don't nab Quinn from us.
                                I didn't waste time looking up the trade value chart but I'm pretty sure we'd need to give up more. That scenario looks solid though as most teams seem to be taking players they are targeting.

                                finsfan, Okoye is too small for my taste. Bowens was a big run stuff, He clogged the middle with his size while Okoye seems to me like he has to muscle his way and use much more effort then Bowens had too. I think Okoye is gonna sturggle more then some people think.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information