Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolphins' 2008 Draft

The 2008 Draft is finally here!

It's Draft weekend, and best of luck to the Miami Dolphins in finding good players to help the team for the future.

Discuss the event here.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

I'm dying to get any news on a Jason Taylor trade and get us more picks. We really need to stockpile after dealing that 4th to Dallas for Fasano and Ayodele, which btw was a hell of a steal for us. But I'm hoping we can land around 10 players in this draft which means we need a couple more picks.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
      I'm dying to get any news on a Jason Taylor trade and get us more picks. We really need to stockpile after dealing that 4th to Dallas for Fasano and Ayodele, which btw was a hell of a steal for us. But I'm hoping we can land around 10 players in this draft which means we need a couple more picks.
      That was a heck of a steal for us Joey still cant beleive it.

Comment

I got butterfly's right now. I think I am going to do a shot of some ice cold Jaeger and chase it down with some delicious heneiken light mmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueCrew56 View Post
          I got butterfly's right now. I think I am going to do a shot of some ice cold Jaeger and chase it down with some delicious heneiken light mmmmmm
          big fat no on the jaeger. Much rather some tequila or rum. I'm so pumped. After months of us arguing the draft brings us all together like little kids. I love being a dolphin.

Comment

Steal? Come on now. We gave up a high 4th rd pick for a 6th yr player at LB and a solid TE prospect. They better have plans to get more picks. They go an awful long time w/out any picks. I still think it was an OK trade, but far from a steal. I think if Mueller made the deal, people would not be so quick to call it a steal......

Comment

Merling was a bit of a shocker but I like it.

Also apparently we traded Lorenzo Booker for a 4th to Philly.

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by Quagmire View Post
                Steal? Come on now. We gave up a high 4th rd pick for a 6th yr player at LB and a solid TE prospect. They better have plans to get more picks. They go an awful long time w/out any picks. I still think it was an OK trade, but far from a steal. I think if Mueller made the deal, people would not be so quick to call it a steal......
                Really like the Merling pick. I was thinking Groves or Henne but in the back of my mind I knew he'd be a steal for our 3-4.

Basically we swapped Booker and a couple spots in the draft for Fasano and Ayodele. Looks like even more of a steal as Booker is wasn't gonna see the field with his lack of size that the trifecta hates.

We missed on Groves but Henne is falling to our pick.

Comment

Finally sobering up and getting ready for the Dolphins 2nd pick in the second round. Was surprised by Philip Merling but he was a 1st round graded talent and has the size to play the very important end position in the 3-4. I think this signals the end of Vonnie Holliday as I see him as a vet cap cut. Merling will start from day one with Starks and Roth battling for the other side. Typical Parcells pick as he is building the lines up. Very good picks and now see if Henne goes right after Brohm here.
                  Last edited by BigBlueCrew56; 04-26-2008, 08:27 PM.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA I told you Joey we where drafting all Michigan Wolverines well maybe not Mario "Weed Man" Manningham.

OT Jake Long Michigan
                    DE Philip Merling Clemson
                    QB Chad Henne Michigan

= A+++++++++++++ First Day!

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueCrew56 View Post
                      HAHAHAHAHA I told you Joey we where drafting all Michigan Wolverines well maybe not Mario "Weed Man" Manningham.

OT Jake Long Michigan
                      DE Philip Merling Clemson
                      QB Chad Henne Michigan

= A+++++++++++++ First Day!

Why are you throwing my name out there? I was always ok with Henne as a pick for us. I was actually cheering he would drop to our pick at 57 overall because I think getting him at 57 overall is a much better value and much better for us in the long run then doing what Atlanta and Baltimore did reaching for QBs in round 1. I love Flacco but realistically, I don't think there's much difference between any of the top 4 QBs in this draft.

Great 1st day. Lots of value on the board for us still tomorrow. I'd like to see a trade down and get a 5th and look at Justin King with that 3rd rounder, and a LB (Avril, Gooden, Henderson?) in round 4 as all these guys are slipping big time.

Comment

I really like what we did first day. Crazy draft on a whole but we came out with some good guys to build with. I'm looking at Avril with the first pick tomorrow, Godfrey, Anthony Collins, Earl Bennett or Pat Sims would make me happy there as well.

That is correct comahan
                        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                        <3 dg

Comment

Why are you throwing my name out there? I was always ok with Henne as a pick for us. I was actually cheering he would drop to our pick at 57 overall because I think getting him at 57 overall is a much better value and much better for us in the long run then doing what Atlanta and Baltimore did reaching for QBs in round 1. I love Flacco but realistically, I don't think there's much difference between any of the top 4 QBs in this draft.

Great 1st day. Lots of value on the board for us still tomorrow. I'd like to see a trade down and get a 5th and look at Justin King with that 3rd rounder, and a LB (Avril, Gooden, Henderson?) in round 4 as all these guys are slipping big time.

Cliff Avril will be a very sexy pick at #64. It looks like Parcells and Co. like veteran MLB's in there 3-4 defense hence the aquisition of Akin Ayodele so it looks like they will pass on Dan Connor or Erin Henderson. It looks like the MLB rotation is going to be Ayodole-Crowder with Torbor filling in. Getting a 3-4 OLB to me seems like a priority going into the third round. Wouldnt mind if we traded down and grab another 4th or 5th.
                          Last edited by BigBlueCrew56; 04-26-2008, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                            I really like what we did first day. Crazy draft on a whole but we came out with some good guys to build with. I'm looking at Avril with the first pick tomorrow, Godfrey, Anthony Collins, Earl Bennett or Pat Sims would make me happy there as well.
                            I thought about Avril but I don't think we need to take him right away as I don't think there's an immediate threat to take him from us other then NE and I'm not sure they are gonna be looking at him there as they need more help at DB then OLB with Thomas kicking outside due to the Mayo pick.

If we are looking at Avril, then we are in prime position to deal down a few spots and still get him while getting a later pick. If we are targeting Godfrey or King then we might have to stay put to grab them.

Collins would be a fine addition as well.

Not sure I would target Pat Sims as he is the same as Randy Starks and would give us a huge glut at DE with Merling, Roth, Starks, Holliday and Wright. We can wait another year to see how Roth and Wright progress and in Starks works out at that spot before investing more in it. If we decide we need another 3-4 DE, I'd rather wait for Kendal Langford a little later.

I really think we need to look at getting a LB early tomorrow with alot of value being there and we have to look at OG with alot of value being on the board there as well.

Red Bryant, Frank Okam and Ahytba Rubin are all on the board as well.

Comment

Really like the Merling pick. I was thinking Groves or Henne but in the back of my mind I knew he'd be a steal for our 3-4.

Basically we swapped Booker and a couple spots in the draft for Fasano and Ayodele. Looks like even more of a steal as Booker is wasn't gonna see the field with his lack of size that the trifecta hates.

We missed on Groves but Henne is falling to our pick.
                              Well, I almost starting throwing stuff when Jax basically screwed us for the 2nd time today by trading up for Groves. Henne was my 2nd favorite QB in this draft and I basically was calling for him if they chose to go QB. I have to admit though that I was hoping they were going to ignore QB because they liked Beck. Apparently, they don't like him too much because they chose to use yet another 2nd rd pick on a QB.

I like the first day, but I have to admit that I am disgusted that Taylor was not traded for a first day pick. I have to believe that there were teams in round 2 willing to make a deal for him. If they could have traded him for the TB pick that eventually turned into Groves, then it should have been done.

Still don't like the Booker trade. Tuna had Meggett in NY and while Booker is not as muscular and powerful, he still had the shiftiness and big play ability that this offense needed. To trade him for a 4 is disappointing.

Love the Merling pick. Think he has top 10-15 ability and with a little seasoning could be a Seymour-type 3-4 DE.

All in all, I guess I am happy but not trading Taylor and not having too many extra picks in the next 2 rounds is a bit disappointing. Maybe they start day 2 with a way to accomplish that.

If they keep the pick, I think Dan Connor, Pat Sims, Tyvon Branch and yes, Mario Manningham are possibilities. My preference would be for the WR, although his stock seems to be dropping big time and maybe they can pick him up later......

By the way Joe, looks like you won the bet. When I saw Carolina trade up, I was certain it was for a QB and I think it would have changed things for my prediction........ I admit it, I was wrong on that one.......

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information