Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JWZZR View Post
    what about haynos I say get rid of fasono.keep Haynos and another guy
    The TE position is actually one im really torn about. I like Fasano and he is a really good blocking TE that is decent as a receiver, a perfect number 2. Haynos on the other hand i'm not too fond of. I think he's a number 3 TE on most teams and he showed he cant handle full-time duty last year. Nalbone and Sperry were both raw rookies that never showed much of anything to warrant us being able to count on them. On the flip side Nalbone was one of those small school sleepers that everyone was high on last year but he was considered a great receiving target that can't block so i wonder if he was just buried because Sparano loves his TEs to block.

Come draft day, I wouldn't be surprised to see us take a TE as high as the second or not at all. It will really depend on how Parcells and company feel about the current group but personally, I'm not too optimistic and i think we need a stud starter because i dont think Haynos, Sperry, or Nalbone have what it takes to be a number one in our offense.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Yea TE is position I can see going either way. With Fasano being young and a good blocker I see him getting another chance to see if he can bounce back after a rough receiving year. Wouldn't mind a guy like Dennis Pitta if he is there in the 4th though.

That is correct comahan
      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
      <3 dg

Comment

what about a david martin comeback.

also what up with will Aleen and terry mcdainel

also what would you guys think of a 1 year Terrel Owens stint.

are the dolphins getting rid of gibril wilson he sucks.The dolphins should of signed Patriot Killer Bernard Pollard.
        Last edited by JWZZR; 02-21-2010, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JWZZR View Post
          what about a david martin comeback.

also what up with will Aleen and terry mcdainel

also what would you guys think of a 1 year Terrel Owens stint.

are the dolphins getting rid of gibril wilson he sucks.The dolphins should of signed Patriot Killer Bernard Pollard.
          martin got released already and isn't a parcells type of TE so he won't be back.

Will Allen and Tony McDaniel will likely be in camp but i wouldnt be surprised to see Allen working at FS although i think he would still be our best CB if he's healthy and McDaniel can play all three DL positions so i'd be surprised if he goes unless we bring in a couple more DL.

LOL @ BP signing 'The Player'

Pollard would have been about as useful as wilson since neither are talented enough to bump Bell from SS and neither can play FS very well either. I don't think we'll release Wilson unless we sign a replacement in FA (rolle if he gets cut would be nice).

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

This is what I ended up getting in the forum mock:

1 (12). Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
            2. (52). Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama
            3. (75). Eric Decker, WR, Minnesota
            4a. (107). Donald Butler, ILB, Washington
            4b. (117). Kendrick Lewis, FS, Mississippi
            6a. (163). Andrew Quarless, TE, Penn State
            6b. (164). Terrence Johnson, CB, California (PA)
            6c. (183). Eric Cook, OL, New Mexico
            7a. (193). Sam Young, OT, Notre Dame
            7b. (196). Mike Kafka, QB, Northwestern

I made a few trades (traded back in the second to pick up a 4th as well as swapping some 6th and 7th round picks) but overall i was a fan of what I got. Kindle was a bit of a disappointment in the first but McClain and Bryant were gone and although Haden was available, nobody wanted to trade up. I felt that Cody was great value at 52. Decker, Butler, Lewis, and Quarless were all guys that I felt had really good value where I got them and filled needs and all are high on my personal future Dolphins hopefuls. Terrence Johnson was my super sleeper and Cook, Young, and Kafka are all experienced players that could easily stick as depth guys depending how they performed in TC. Kafka was taken because I think with Henne progressing we will be moving back towards a traditional offense so we need to develop a more traditional backup and although he played in the spread, he has the size, skillset, and ability to make the adjustment better than Pat White or possibly even Tyler Thigpen.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

still need a Dolphins GM for a forum mock thing:

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38839

post here to join

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
              - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
              - Corner or Wideout in the first
              - No reaching
              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlegom View Post
                This is what I ended up getting in the forum mock:

1 (12). Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
                2. (52). Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama
                3. (75). Eric Decker, WR, Minnesota
                4a. (107). Donald Butler, ILB, Washington
                4b. (117). Kendrick Lewis, FS, Mississippi
                6a. (163). Andrew Quarless, TE, Penn State
                6b. (164). Terrence Johnson, CB, California (PA)
                6c. (183). Eric Cook, OL, New Mexico
                7a. (193). Sam Young, OT, Notre Dame
                7b. (196). Mike Kafka, QB, Northwestern

I made a few trades (traded back in the second to pick up a 4th as well as swapping some 6th and 7th round picks) but overall i was a fan of what I got. Kindle was a bit of a disappointment in the first but McClain and Bryant were gone and although Haden was available, nobody wanted to trade up. I felt that Cody was great value at 52. Decker, Butler, Lewis, and Quarless were all guys that I felt had really good value where I got them and filled needs and all are high on my personal future Dolphins hopefuls. Terrence Johnson was my super sleeper and Cook, Young, and Kafka are all experienced players that could easily stick as depth guys depending how they performed in TC. Kafka was taken because I think with Henne progressing we will be moving back towards a traditional offense so we need to develop a more traditional backup and although he played in the spread, he has the size, skillset, and ability to make the adjustment better than Pat White or possibly even Tyler Thigpen.
                That would be a great draft for us.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Comment

I see you guys taking Big Dan Williams at 12. Now that you signed Dansby all you need is a new NT and the Tuna loves him some Nt's. I think he would be perfect for your defense.

Comment

yea, i'm beginning to think the pick is down to Dan Williams and Sergio Kindle with an outside shot of Gresham or Spiller.

I am rooting for a trade down to the late teens for Williams/Gresham/Kindle or even into the mid-20s and take Cody.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I just read this awesome article by a Dolphins beat writer. Definitely worth reading, it's incredibly informative and gives like a page of information on every position on the team and lists some guys they like. Most notably, it says that the Dolphins might be most interested in Brandon Graham at #12 overall, or Ricky Sapp at #43 assuming Dez Bryant is off the board. It also talks about how the Dolphins will most likely not draft Sergio Kindle.

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/spor..._week_6_1.html

Comment

Ok guys, well, I'm going to start posting articles I find on prospects visiting and guys that we have rumored interest in. We need to liven this Dolphins forum up a bit, so let's start getting it going here! :)
                        Last edited by thebow305; 03-17-2010, 01:10 AM.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

"The Dolphins' need at nose tackle is clear to anyone with eyes but while much of the attention has centered around bigger-name prospects such as Dan Williams and Cam Thomas, a source tells me the Dolphins are looking in a different direction.

Think Jeff Owens of Georgia.

The Dolphins' coaching staff liked him in the Senior Bowl, interviewed him during the Indianapolis Combine and has now scheduled a visit to Davie in the coming weeks, the source said http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...-on-owens.html "

I personally hope this is the guy we get to be the NT of the future here. He is exactly the type of guy Parcells likes and this is a great article on Jeff Owens that demonstrates that.

Comment

Looks like Morgan Burnett could be a target of the Phins, according to Omar Kelly of the Sun-Sentinel:

"Being told GaTech's S Morgan Burnett is a player on the Phins radar. He's moving into 2nd rd range because of instincts (14 INTs in 3 years"

http://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/10590398403

Comment

The Phins also look to be interested in Georgia Safety Reshad Jones:

http://gnb.scout.com/2/953606.html

Comment

I'd love to bring in Jeff Owens as a NT. I thought it was a position he could excel at, just never saw it mentioned anywhere else. I really like Reshad Jones too but I think he's more of a SS and don't really like the fit here. Not a fan of Morgan Burnett in general, though the fit is there.

That is correct comahan
                                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                                <3 dg

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information