No announcement yet.

Miami Dolphins Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe it's just me but I don't want Joey Porter in Miami. I love the moves Cam Cameron has made so far. Let's get rid of the old, overpriced, underachievers that we have and start bring in younger, cheaper and better players to fit Cam's system. Doesn't seem like Cam likes Culpepper and my dad already heard rumblings on the radio during his ride homeform work that Chambers could be the next to go.

However, getting rid of old overpriced, underachievers doesn't mean we should go out and sign other ones like Joey Porter. Porter has long been one of the most overrated players in the game and not worth his contract. Instead I'd rather seen us go for younger more moderately priced players and build throught the draft.

I love seeing us have 9 picks and 2 2nd rounders. If I'm Cam Cameron, my moves form here on out are to trade Chambers for a 2nd or 3rd rounder, cut Culpepper and Mare and sign a few guys from this list: Ken Hamlin (who I feel might be the only reasonable signing all offseason), Kelley Washington, Jay Feeley, Napolean Harris, Ed Hartwell.

All the guys on that list will come cheaper then the crazy signings of this offseason and they can all be pretty productive and are fairly young. Remember FA signings won't win you a title. Complimentary players are what you get in FA so we should target guy slike the ones named.

In the draft I'd try to go QB, LT, OLB with our 1st 3 picks and that go NT, WR (x2), OG, DE, CB with our later picks.

getting Quinn, Staley and Spencer in the 1st 2 rounds would be great. If we could land Jason Hill, Mike Jones, Jacoby Jones, Michael Coe, Stanley Doughty and Jay Richardson to the mix in rounds 3,4,5,6,7 then I'd be thrilled with the offseason and at least have faith that the team is trying something new and different to bring us back to the top and at least we will have youht in the processes of doing it.

Comment

• New Try at a mock after the trades and releases.

this is assuming and hoping the dolphins sign Joey Porter

1. Alan Branch DT Michigan

2a. Manuel Ramirez OG Texas Tech

2b. Eric Wright CB UNLV

3. Ryan Harris OT Notre Dame

4. Steve Smith WR USC

6a. Le'Ron McClain FB Alabama

6b. Dallas Sartz OLB USC

7a. Justin Medlock K U.C.L.A.

7b. Alonzo Coleman RB Hampton

Comment

• good to see phinsider taking the news I posted on finheaven lol.

Miami also met wih Todd Johnson (S Bears) yesterday, and want to meet with KR/RB Maurice Hicks as well.

Comment

• You talk about overrated unerachievers, but then you say you want to sign Ken Hamlin, Ed Hartwell and Napolean Harris? I'm sorry, but that's just absurd.

Cut Culpepper? Why would we cut a former Pro Bowler who hasn't even been giving a chance yet? He COULD be the future...

That logic is flawed and asinine.
          Vince Young is going to prove he's the next overrated QB to come out in years.

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...

Comment

• Alan Branch's stock is freefalling right now.

Comment

• Joey Porter To Sign With Us Today!

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_496362.html

WPXI-Channel 11 is reporting this morning that former Steelers linebacker Joey Porter will sign today with the Miami Dolphins.
              Porter will sign a multiyear deal for about $24 million, WPXI reports. He will get a signing bonus of about $12 million.

Comment

• That deal isn't that bad considering the market right now. He is overrated but he will be a very good addition at SLB. He will also probably play DE in passing situations.

As far as the mock, Alan Branch's stock is nowhere near free falling, it's still top 15, top 20 at worst, but with the resigning of Vonnie Holliday I don't see DT being a need because Branch isn't really a NT.

That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by I'mAHustler View Post
                  You talk about overrated unerachievers, but then you say you want to sign Ken Hamlin, Ed Hartwell and Napolean Harris? I'm sorry, but that's just absurd.
                  Never did I say overrated underachievers. I said OLD, OVERPRICED underachievers. Hamlin, Hartwell, Harris are not old and will get reasonable contracts which is huge in this market. They are not big name guys that will break the bank this offseason and all are fairly talented enough to be key role players on this team at the very least. Joey Porter is overrated yet you still want him.

As for you Culpepper comment. Your willing to hold on to a aging, overpriced player, that doesn't fit into the system, and hasn't been healthy in 2 years or producive in 3 years. Yet you bash me for saying we should take a chance on Hartweel if it is low risk. Please explain to me what is the difference between the too. Both have injury issues the last two seasons. Only thing is that Hartwell actually played well before the injury and he is actually going to be affordable and younger.

Yet you say ny logic is flawed and asinine. Moron

Comment

• Originally posted by I'mAHustler View Post
                    You talk about overrated unerachievers, but then you say you want to sign Ken Hamlin, Ed Hartwell and Napolean Harris? I'm sorry, but that's just absurd.

Cut Culpepper? Why would we cut a former Pro Bowler who hasn't even been giving a chance yet? He COULD be the future...

That logic is flawed and asinine.
                    I doubt we cut culpepper not because he 'could be" the future. Or even that he was in the "past" a "pro bowl player".

More like we wont cut him because the cap hit would be a pain in the asre to us this year.

I could very easily see us drafting Quinn with the 9th pick though, even though I dont see him as my own first choice.

I still want a trade back from the 9th spot for more picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Finsfan79 View Post
                      A week ago I would agree with this. Now, not so much. We had 9 picks already and 3 in the 1st 2 rounds. We are stocked pretty well with picks. I think we have the luxury to sit and take a top talent at number 9. By top talent I think that means, Quinn, Adams, Anderson or Branch and it's likely one of them falls to us. If for some off chance one doesn't then I say we trade down a few spots for Levi Brown, Jarvis Moss, Chris Houston. I'd rather stay put and get an elite prospect however and hope we can snag Joe Staley and Tank Tyler with our 2 2nd rounders.

Comment

• What's the deal with Donte Stallworth? Can we get him?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/s...a-sports-front

Comment

• Originally posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
                          Never did I say overrated underachievers. I said OLD, OVERPRICED underachievers. Hamlin, Hartwell, Harris are not old and will get reasonable contracts which is huge in this market. They are not big name guys that will break the bank this offseason and all are fairly talented enough to be key role players on this team at the very least. Joey Porter is overrated yet you still want him.

As for you Culpepper comment. Your willing to hold on to a aging, overpriced player, that doesn't fit into the system, and hasn't been healthy in 2 years or producive in 3 years. Yet you bash me for saying we should take a chance on Hartweel if it is low risk. Please explain to me what is the difference between the too. Both have injury issues the last two seasons. Only thing is that Hartwell actually played well before the injury and he is actually going to be affordable and younger.
                          3 years ago Culpepper was a MVP caliber QB. Hartwell was a good MLB next to Ray Lewis. He was pretty much saying to you that you saying your logic doesn't make sense, which it really doesn't. He didn't say he didn't want those guys, you were saying you don't want underachievers but you want Napolean Harris.

That is correct comahan
                          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                          <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by Finsfan79 View Post
                            I doubt we cut culpepper not because he 'could be" the future. Or even that he was in the "past" a "pro bowl player".

More like we wont cut him because the cap hit would be a pain in the asre to us this year.

I could very easily see us drafting Quinn with the 9th pick though, even though I dont see him as my own first choice.

Why cut a Pro Bowl caliber player that only played 4 games and didn't properly rehabilitate from injury? He is a proven player, not past his prime yet.

I just really wouldn't like drafting Quinn because we much more pressing needs on both sides of the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
                              3 years ago Culpepper was a MVP caliber QB. Hartwell was a good MLB next to Ray Lewis. He was pretty much saying to you that you saying your logic doesn't make sense, which it really doesn't. He didn't say he didn't want those guys, you were saying you don't want underachievers but you want Napolean Harris.
                              Pretty much. Wasn't trying to attack him, but he took it upon himself to do so

Comment

• John Clayton just said it is likely that Culpepper and Lemon and a development QB are going to be in camp next year. Cameron likes what he sees from Culpepper working out and we didn't have a lot of people at Quinn's pro day. So it looks like Culpepper and Lemon will be the #1 and #2 next year.

That is correct comahan
                                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                                <3 dg

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information