Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade for #3 overall?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trade for #3 overall?

    I know its been rumored, but nothing more and no article to prove it.

    But would you consider this trade?

    Browns send:
    3rd overall pick

    Vikings send:
    7th overall pick, 3rd RD pick and 5th RD pick.

    You then draft Calvin Johnson, or whoever else you please.

    good or not?

  • #2
    If we're only having to give up an additional third and 5th, I would most definitely trade up...Not even a second thought in my mind.
    SKOL VIKINGS!


    Comment


    • #3
      This is why I say it.....

      "Willis, according to John Clayton, can be had for a third rd. selecton. The Bills have brought in Dominic Rhodes and Chris Brown, plummeting willy's value. I'd make this trade in a heart beat. "

      I would trade down to 7th pick, draft Brady Quinn, and then trade our extra third for McGahee.

      Raiders = Russell
      Lions = Thomas
      Vikings = Johnson
      Tampabay = not Quinn, they have Garcia/Simms
      Arizona = not Quinn, they have Lienart
      Washington = not Quinn, they have Jason Campbell
      Browns = Brad Quinn
      Last edited by JoeMontainya; 03-06-2007, 11:31 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes, I would do that... if I could be assured that OAK or CLE wouldn't take CJ. If they do, we're stuck with our thumbs up our bee-hinds. Just wait for Severe to come in here and rant on about how we are all fools who are just obsessed with Calvin Johnson's man juice, and how we'd be throwing away our future.


        http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          You would obviously wait until draft to do this trade. Once CJ is still there at #3, then the trade would become done.

          Comment


          • #6
            I know, it's the same old argument time after time. What he seemingly doesn't realize, is that you can have the most talented QB in the world fail, if he doesn't have any weapons around him to get the ball to. If Brady Quinn would've had our offense to work with last year, he would've posted just as bad of numbers as both BJ and TJ did.
            SKOL VIKINGS!


            Comment


            • #7
              I seriously would not want to pass on him. He could make even Tarvaris look better. This has 0 chance of happening, but I can still dream...


              http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

              Comment


              • #8
                It has a real chance at happening, Savage said he might want to trade down, and the only possible spot in many's opinions is the Vikings pick. You are also the only team in the top 7 that wants to move up if the price is right. We cant trade any farther than #7 because at #8 the Texans might look at Quinn.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I sure hope so. We would still have our 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 7th left. It hurts me to think about it, though.


                  http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It' s not going to matter Carolina dumped their backup (Weinke) a move that indicates they're ready to trade up and take that next step towards a S.B.

                    ...while Viking fans will clamour at Nicks sports world for the "sneek peek" at a Viking Jersey with Calvin Johnson on the back.

                    Yep, that's what we'd be most concerned with..making Browns fans happy....just out of curiousity why don't Viking fans want to trade their 3rd round pick for McGahee ?? seeing as most fans are unhappy with Chester Taylor and think that other teams "throwaways" can never be productive.
                    I'm curious as to why we'd be interested in making a deal that clearly benefits Cleveland more so than the Vikes.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                      I sure hope so. We would still have our 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 7th left. It hurts me to think about it, though.
                      Yeah, let's not get our hopes up, although it is kind of fun to think about.
                      SKOL VIKINGS!


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
                        I know, it's the same old argument time after time. What he seemingly doesn't realize, is that you can have the most talented QB in the world fail, if he doesn't have any weapons around him to get the ball to. If Brady Quinn would've had our offense to work with last year, he would've posted just as bad of numbers as both BJ and TJ did.
                        Tom Brady had who again ? A broken down Dillon (Taylor was 1000 times better) and Reche Caldwell / Troy Brown and who ? (Chad Jackson played very few games) Daniel Graham was hurt and Ben Watson was inconsistent
                        at best....yep...you sure need that "WR TALENT" to succeed.
                        And Brady Quinn DID have the same type of talent last year at ND and put up what for #'s again ?

                        Yeah, he'd be "wasted" here.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The Vikings have no WR that can make a QB better. And where you draft you still wont have one. CJ might be the best WR prospect ever and the fact that you would be able to draft him should tell you, you are benefieting from the trade. To say your not is crazy.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Severe Punishment View Post
                            Tom Brady had who again ? A broken down Dillon (Taylor was 1000 times better) and Reche Caldwell / Troy Brown and who ? (Chad Jackson played very few games) Daniel Graham was hurt and Ben Watson was inconsistent
                            at best....yep...you sure need that "WR TALENT" to succeed.
                            And Brady Quinn DID have the same type of talent last year at ND and put up what for #'s again ?

                            Yeah, he'd be "wasted" here.
                            Haha, same type of talent. You, sir are a joke. I don't exactly consider John Carlson, Darius Walker and Shark to be nothing. Also, you bring up the same team, same example up over and over again...It's getting real old. Belichek realizes that what Brady had last year was simply not up to par, hence the reasoning that they are going heavily after WRs during the offseason here (or did you miss that). Also, you're comparing Brady Quinn, a guy who has not taken one snap at the pro level, to someone who is a lock for the hall of fame already...Sucks to have that ol' comparison argument brought up back on ya don't it? BTW, who is Laurence Maroney? I mean, the Pats did have a 2 back system that worked pretty well last year, right?
                            SKOL VIKINGS!


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
                              Haha, same type of talent. You, sir are a joke. I don't exactly consider John Carlson, Darius Walker and Shark to be nothing. Also, you bring up the same team, same example up over and over again...It's getting real old. Belichek realizes that what Brady had last year was simply not up to par, hence the reasoning that they are going heavily after WRs during the offseason here (or did you miss that). Also, you're comparing Brady Quinn, a guy who has not taken one snap at the pro level, to someone who is a lock for the hall of fame already...Sucks to have that ol' comparison argument brought up back on ya don't it? BTW, who is Laurence Maroney? I mean, the Pats did have a 2 back system that worked pretty well last year, right?
                              They also have a a great o-line and a HC that isn't a moron.
                              There are fans out there who could find out that Brett Favre could run over 14 puppies and they still wouldn't care. They would think he was still the greatest thing since sliced bread.
                              -Mark Chmura

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information