No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Mallet looked damn good tonight. Didn't quite come through at the end but showed some great touch on his throws and has an absolute rocket for an arm. Made a bunch of throws that would transfer to the NFL, although he does need to work on throwing on the run.

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
      I thought Mallet looked damn good tonight. Didn't quite come through at the end but showed some great touch on his throws and has an absolute rocket for an arm. Made a bunch of throws that would transfer to the NFL, although he does need to work on throwing on the run.
      I agree with you. I thought he looked great before the INT. He didn't get much for help either. They ran the ball ok, they had quite a few longer ones, but didn't run it well consistently. The OL was horrendous in pass protection and Mallett was sacked I think 5 times and pressured all game, which isn't gonna go well with his lack of mobility. On top of that his receivers dropped by my count 7 or 8 passes (ESPN said 6). He still needs some coaching, especially on his footwork and stepping into his throws as he seems to throw off balance a lot. If he's there at 12, I will be pissed if we don't take him unless it comes out that he has a bunch of character concerns or something like that.

sig by BK and avy by me
      Originally posted by A Perfect Score
      If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

Annouced today that Tennesee will be keeping Fisher and that Vince Young will not be on the roster next season. This sucks because with Kerry Collins being 38, they will more then likely look at a QB in the draft. And they pick ahead of us.
        Last edited by General Zod; 01-05-2011, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by General Zod View Post
          Annouced today that Tennesee will be keeping Fisher and that Vince Young will not be on the roster next season. This sucks because with Kerry Collins being 38, they will more then likely look at a QB in the draft. And they pick ahead of us.

grrrrrrr lol
          Damn it I was hoping they would let Fisher go. Oh well it's a good move for the Tennessee Titans IMO, and a sucky move for the Vikings. However I do think(and hope) Jeff will prefer to trade for a Vet like Kevin Kolb or Matt Flynn.

Comment

McNabb and Orton will be available. Hopefully they will help at least 1 qb fall to us.

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
              McNabb and Orton will be available. Hopefully they will help at least 1 qb fall to us.
              That too, hopefully 2 of SF, ARI, and Ten will go the Vet route and decide to pass on taking one of the QBs.

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
                Mcnabb no, Orton...meh lol

Comment

Was impressed with Mallett but wouldn't be a great fit for us. If we took him we would certainly need to spend several picks on the OL to protect him as he is the kind of guy that would look great behind a good line but is going to get smashed behind a bad line and calling our line bad would be a compliment.

That said, I think Luck is the only QB that I would actually want to draft and feel good about starting, especially for our team where they are going to need to be good in the pocket. Guys like Newton and Locker are extra bad because you don't want to teach them happy feet in the NFL by giving them such a bad pass protecting line.

I still think a guy like McNabb would be a very nice fit for us for a year or 2 while we Rodger's one of the prospects this year and honestly outside of personal issues on Newton there are 5 really good prospects.

Gabbert would be another nice fit for us but again would be best suited to sit a year and work through some of his flaws.

All of that said, the only guys I would feel comfortable passing on are Newton, Mallett or Locker(if he had a horrible post season) and even then it is more about fit and personal issues than talent. There are 5 QBs in this draft that have the physical tools to be elite NFL quarterbacks.

I'd still most like to move heaven and earth for Luck, love him as a prospect.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Mel Kiper's first big board was recently released I guess, and Kevin Seifert of ESPN posted his top 5 QB rankings, and where they rank on his overall BB.

1. Andrew Luck
                    9. Blaine Gabbert
                    13. Cam Newton
                    17. Ryan Mallett
                    25. Jake Locker

I'm kind of surprised to see that he has Gabbert that high. It seems like every professional draft analyst is really high on him, McShay has him as his #2 QB and mocked him in his top 5, Kiper, and Scott says he is very high on him.

sig by BK and avy by me
                    If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

Sounds like Luck is staying at Stanford next year.

Comment

That's surprising, I didn't expect that, but I don't think it really affects us. I've thought for quite a while that if Luck comes out the Panthers will take him and if he stays in school that they'll take one of AJ Green, Da'Quan Bowers, or Nick Fairley.

sig by BK and avy by me

Comment

That kills my trade up for Luck idea!

The more I think about it, the more I'd actually love to take Gabe Carimi and sort out the LT position. We could then take a RG in the 3rd or 4th and I'd actually be quite happy with our OL overall. Might even be able to get something for McKinnie for some team that is desperate and stupid. I really like Carimi as a LT prospect. We might even be able to jump down 5 or so spots and pick up a 3rd from one of the QB needy teams like Seattle.

This draft is really interesting for us, basically I'd like us to take a CB, OT or QB the most as I don't see a safety who really represents value where we are at. I'd actually still love to move Winfield to safety for the next couple of years and I've been saying it for a few years now. His coverage has really slipped but he can still tackle like a mofo and would be quick for a safety still and allowed to sit back and ballhawk a bit(assuming our defense will remain the same under Frazier). This way we can get value if PP7 or the Prince are available and fix the safety problem as well.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

As I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep I was thinking about that. If the top QBs and defensive guys are gone, or the top defensive guys and 3 of the top QBs are gone and like with Clausen last year we don't like the QB that's available, then I'd love to trade down and build the OL. I was thinking about a team like Philly who could be very interested in Janoris Jenkins or Brandon Harris and want to move up ahead of Detroit. Then we could pick up their 2nd + another pick, which would be really nice with our lack of a 3rd with the debacle that was the Moss deal. I'd then take the top OT available after trading down, and I also really like Carimi, who would be a great fit in the power run system that Frazier wants to run. Then with the two seconds take an OG/C and a S, guys such as Kris O'Dowd, Mike Pouncey, Stefen Wisniewski, or David DeCastro (if he declares) and Rahim Moore or Deunta Williams. That way we've got the OL to protect whatever franchise QB we get next year or Webb if he is given the chance and proves that he could work.

sig by BK and avy by me

Comment

Yeah that is my feeling as well, would love to have the line basically sorted, long term we'd have to replace Hutch but he should still have a few years in him and makes a great mentor for the rest.

Something like moving down to 16 or so to grab Carimi(assuming his grade stays similar to the current grade) and picking up a 3rd or 4th in the process would be a great move long term.

It's a tough draft though, there are plenty of legitimate QB prospects but I still don't mind waiting until next year either to get the QB if it means putting a line in front of him that he can step right in behind. I think you really need to either let them sit or give them a line that protects them if you want long term success unless they are truly special.

Either way we really can't go wrong in this draft, basically as long as we don't draft a RB in the first 3 rounds then I will be fine with it. Obviously certain guys I would like more than others but really we are in a good drafting position as far as being able to get both needs and best player available value.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

We should just bring back Moss and draft Julio Jones. Add in McDaniels and we can launch an all out aerial assault on anyone that dares to **** with us. ****, trade for the sex cannon and we can have some 5 wide **** it I'm going deep goodness all day. Defense? That **** is for pussies. Hope you have a good offense because we will put up points like the Washington Mystics mother ******.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information