This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by General Zod View Post
    Fred Evans and Ryan Cook(booo) both signed tenders to remain Vikings.

Edit: and Tahi did too
    Well this news greatly saddens me
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

• A few tidbits(all from the Star Trib):
      T-Jack will sign his RFA tender soon

Reynaud got moved to RB due to imitation

Vikings interested in Lito Sheppard

sig by BK and avy by me
      Originally posted by A Perfect Score
      If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• Sheppard would be awesome.

sig by fenikz
        Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
        You are just a terrible person.
        Originally posted by bigbluedefense
        I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Sheppard was awful with the Jets last year. It would just be depth but still, meh.

Comment

• Sheppard's been pretty bad the last few years. He's just a relatively big name guy who keeps getting chances. No thanks.

Comment

• "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Maybe Sheppard will have a turn around!

sig by fenikz
                I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Ray Edwards doen't plan on showing up at winter park for the offseason work outs...

The Vikings have at least one restricted free agent who won’t be spending much time at Winter Park this offseason.

Defensive end Ray Edwards made it clear that he doesn’t plan to sign the first-round tender he received from the team until the last minute. That means he won’t be at the team’s offseason workouts or camps.

Edwards, who led the NFL in sacks with four in the playoffs last season, received the one-year, $2.5 million tender from the Vikings, instead of a getting the first- and third-round tender of $3.2 million. That turned out to be a good move by the Vikings, considering Edwards did not receive an offer sheet from another team.

The amount of the tender is not what upset Edwards most. He is mainly steamed by the fact the NFL’s soon-to-expire collective bargaining agreement stopped him from becoming an unrestricted free agent after four seasons. Instead, a player needed six years of service to become unrestricted.

“My frustration is that I signed a four-year contract, I didn’t sign a six-year contract,” Edwards said. “There’s nothing you can really do about it, so I’m just waiting my time, see what I can do to better my situation. I do need to take care of myself and my family. Don’t get me wrong, we definitely get paid a nice amount of money but let’s be fair here. So that’s my thing about the whole situation.

“I’m not mad at the team, not at all. They gave me a chance to live my childhood dream of playing in the NFL, so I can’t really be mad at them. In part they can do what’s right on their end. But it’s a business decision. They are doing their best to [make] the business decision that they feel is best so we’ll see where that goes.”

Thursday marked the final day that restricted free agents could sign an offer sheet with another team.

After that, Edwards’ rights belong solely to the Vikings. But doesn’t mean he has to sign the offer the Vikings extended to him right away. That won’t need to be signed until June 15. It’s at that point the Vikings can drop their tender offer to 110 percent of Edwards’ $1.01 million base salary from last year.

Edwards said there have been no discussions of a long-term deal with the Vikings. “I’m not talking to any of those guys,” he said. “If they want to talk to me they talk to my agent. For the simple fact, we want to get the deal done. I worked my four years here, the length of my contract, so we just want to get our market share
                  http://min.scout.com/2/963042.html

Comment

• Im fine with him skipping off season works out and stuff. That stuff doesn't really bother me. It really sounds like he wants to test the market and become the top DE of a team. So therefore, It could be interesting if he becomes a draft day trade and I think if we could get an Early 2nd for him in this draft.. I'd say take it. Robison has looked good and thhe DE class is pretty deep also in this draft.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

• I wonder if we really haven't offered him a contract or if he's just pulling stuff out of his ass. It seems really weird that we wouldn't at least offer him something, if even if it is a low ball offer. I would like to keep him around, but he hasn't exactly been an amazing player in his time here. I'm thinking he wants a massive contract and the front office isn't willing to throw a ton of money at him.

Comment

• He is just mad he couldn't cash in on his good season/big post season this year. I would like to get good value for him in a trade but at the same time he could be a valueable part of a SB push. As you can never have too many good pass rushers when you are making a super bowl push.

Comment

• Tavaris Jackson signs tender today.

http://twitter.com/JuddZulgad/status/12464766432

I suddenly get flashbacks of jump passes into triple coverage, 5 yard swing passes that hit the RB/WR in the feet.

Yeah, our starter if no Bret this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by General Zod View Post
                            Tavaris Jackson signs tender today.

http://twitter.com/JuddZulgad/status/12464766432

I suddenly get flashbacks of jump passes into triple coverage, 5 yard swing passes that hit the RB/WR in the feet.

Yeah, our starter if no Bret this season.
                            It'll be Colt McCoy before it's Tavaris Jackson.

sig by fenikz
                            I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
                              It'll be Colt McCoy before it's Tavaris Jackson.
                              I think I'd rather have Jackson. Unless we run nothing but bubble screens...
                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

• Originally posted by the_legend_killer View Post
                                I think I'd rather have Jackson. Unless we run nothing but bubble screens...
                                I'd rather have Jackson for this year, but after that give me Colt McCoy any and every day of the week and twice on Sundays. His arm strength is not good, but it's not as bad as you're making it sound, and I know you're exaggerating, but "come on man..."

sig by BK and avy by me
                                Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                                If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information