Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe in certain packages that would work, but if that were to happen (and god I hope it doesn't) it'd be best to just replace Pat with Haynesworth. Pat would still be used in a rotation and it'd keep them all fresh. That would be just a nasty defensive line.

Comment

• Originally posted by GB12 View Post
      Maybe in certain packages that would work, but if that were to happen (and god I hope it doesn't) it'd be best to just replace Pat with Haynesworth. Pat would still be used in a rotation and it'd keep them all fresh. That would be just a nasty defensive line.
      I agree with this, in a package used a few snaps every game that could be good. Kevin did line up at LDE as a rookie and did very well. But I don't think Kevin would be as good of a pass rusher from the DE at this point in his career.

I do love the idea of a run down package consisting of Jared Allen, Albert Haynesworth, Pat Williams, and Kevin Williams.

Comment

• I posted this same thing in the draft thread, but I figured I should put it here too as it has more to do with the team than the draft.

I hate quoting PFT again for the second time in as many days, but this may have something to do with why we have passed on these possible franchise QBs: Vikings think Favre could play two more years

Seems like a dumb reason to me, the guy hasn't even committed to playing this year and you're thinking that he's gonna play two more years.

sig by BK and avy by me
        Originally posted by A Perfect Score
        If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by marshallb View Post
          I posted this same thing in the draft thread, but I figured I should put it here too as it has more to do with the team than the draft.

I hate quoting PFT again for the second time in as many days, but this may have something to do with why we have passed on these possible franchise QBs: Vikings think Favre could play two more years

Seems like a dumb reason to me, the guy hasn't even committed to playing this year and you're thinking that he's gonna play two more years.
          I just saw this. I'm not sure I'm ready for two more years of Favre. I can stand one more, but another after that, is just annoying. He's going to do the same thing over and over again. And tbh, I'd like to move on with a young QB in Minnesota.

sig by fenikz
          Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
          You are just a terrible person.
          Originally posted by bigbluedefense
          I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
            I just saw this. I'm not sure I'm ready for two more years of Favre. I can stand one more, but another after that, is just annoying. He's going to do the same thing over and over again. And tbh, I'd like to move on with a young QB in Minnesota.
            Yeah Same. Im sick of getting these older veterans who come in and take us to the playoffs but can't take us all the way. Warren Moon..Randall Cunningham..Jeff George..Brett Favre..and Im sure there is more. I want a young QB who can be the franchise QB for 10-15 years. Sort of like every team in our division has but us.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

• I'd love a young, franchise changing type of quarterback for the Vikings more than anything else in the world. But if Brett does bring a Superbowl title to Minnesota, it will all be worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
                Yeah Same. Im sick of getting these older veterans who come in and take us to the playoffs but can't take us all the way. Warren Moon..Randall Cunningham..Jeff George..Brett Favre..and Im sure there is more. I want a young QB who can be the franchise QB for 10-15 years. Sort of like every team in our division has but us.
                That year was beyond his control.

sig by fenikz
                Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                You are just a terrible person.
                Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Numbers of the Vikings draft picks

The Vikings roster has been updated with the numbers for the team's eight draft picks. Because we know many of you follow this stuff here it goes:

CB Chris Cook will wear No. 31

RB Toby Gerhart will wear No. 32

DE Everson Griffen will wear No. 97

OL Chris DeGeare will wear No. 72

LB Nate Triplett will wear No. 58

WR Joe Webb will wear No. 14

TE Mickey Shuler will wear No. 84

FB Ryan D'Imperio will wear No. 44

sig by BK and avy by me
                  If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Comment

• A list of tryouts

C Eddie Adamski, Northern Illinois
                    OL Jake Arthur, South Dakota
                    OT Adrian Battles, Minnesota State, Mankato
                    LB Elijah Hodge, Northern Iowa
                    DT Wes Lane, Northern Iowa
                    RB Derrick Law, Northern Iowa
                    LB Jaevery McFadden, Wisconsin
                    DE Barrett Moen, Minnesota
                    OL Bill Noethlich, Southwest Minnesota State
                    QB Ryan Perrilloux, Jacksonville (Alabama) State
                    RB Tyler Roehl, North Dakota State
                    CB Kelvin Rodgers, Minnesota State, Mankato
                    CB Marcus Sherels, Minnesota
                    LB Zach Watkins, Washburn (Kansas)
                    DB Matt Winney, Wisconsin-La Crosse

sig by BK and avy by me

Comment

• I went to high school with Barrett Moen. The guy is a manchild (literally 6'5, 290 pounds of pure muscle; I believe he did 35 or so reps at 225). He's just an extra body but it is cool to see he's getting a tryout.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueBandit24 View Post
                        I went to high school with Barrett Moen. The guy is a manchild (literally 6'5, 290 pounds of pure muscle; I believe he did 35 or so reps at 225). He's just an extra body but it is cool to see he's getting a tryout.
                        That's pretty cool, hopefully he can at least make it onto the 80 man roster for training camp.
                        Last edited by marshallb; 04-28-2010, 12:00 PM.

sig by BK and avy by me

Comment

• I'm really interested to see what kind of an impression Perrilloux makes during his tryout. Physically, he might be the most gifted quarterback in this class with his combination of athleticism and arm. Obviously, he has more off-field baggage than anyone cares to take on and he has little experience playing quarterback at a high level. It's possible he sticks though if the staff is wow'd by his tools and convinced that most of his problems are behind him.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueBandit24 View Post
                            I'm really interested to see what kind of an impression Perrilloux makes during his tryout. Physically, he might be the most gifted quarterback in this class with his combination of athleticism and arm. Obviously, he has more off-field baggage than anyone cares to take on and he has little experience playing quarterback at a high level. It's possible he sticks though if the staff is wow'd by his tools and convinced that most of his problems are behind him.
                            I think his best chance would be as a practice squad guy, I don't think he really has a shot at making this roster, especially with Chilly's apparent love for veteran QBs. He was a guy that I was very intrigued at when he first arrived at LSU, but then he had his troubles.

sig by BK and avy by me

Comment

• I am with you all in terms of getting a young quarterback. I am sick of having an unsteady situation. I just want to be set at quarterback for more than a year...

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                              Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Don't worry, we'll get our young QB when we draft Sam McDonaldson from Northern Arkansas State next year in the third round.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information