Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the vikings suck ass at free agency this year. triangle of authority: do something!

Comment

• Originally posted by Heisman View Post
      the vikings suck ass at free agency this year. triangle of authority: do something!
      Well...

Vikings in Houshmandzadeh’s plans
      February 28th, 2009 – 11:17 AM by Judd Zulgad

Two days ago Cincinnati free-agent wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh talked about how much he would like to play for the Vikings. Well, it looks as if he will at least visit with the team and it could happen today.

Houshmandzadeh’s agent, Kennard McGuire, said in a text message that “the Vikings are in [Houshmandzadeh’s] plans,” but gave no further details.

The Vikings have been trying to arrange a visit with Houshmandzadeh since Friday morning. He first made a stop in Seattle on Friday.

Houshmandzadeh, 31, is the top free-agent receiver on the market and has caught at least 90 passes in each of the past three seasons.

Houshmandzadeh was fourth in Pro Football Weekly’s rankings of the top 100 free agents. Last year, the Vikings signed Bernard Berrian to a six-year, $42 million deal that included a $16 million signing bonus.

Houshmandzadeh was asked during an ESPN interview Friday morning about teams that interested him. “I’m looking at teams I think have good coaches and good offensive lines and good running games,” Houshmandzadeh said. “I have no idea if those teams are interested in me. If I can play with Adrian Peterson, can you imagine what I would do getting one-on-one coverage with Adrian Peterson? I am going to win 98.6 percent of the time with one-on-one coverage with him in the backfield.”

Houshmandzadeh is reportedly looking for a deal of upward of $10 million per season.
      So if he leaves Seattle today, He could be coming to Minnesota and Let's hope he doesn't want to leave and be wearing some purple haha.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

• No thanks ~ Too much money.....

I know that Rice has been injury prone, but i'd like give him one more year opposite of Berrian to see if he can stay healthy & what he can do with an upgrade (even a slight one) at QB.
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Dude View Post
          No thanks ~ Too much money.....

I know that Rice has been injury prone, but i'd like give him one more year opposite of Berrian to see if he can stay healthy & what he can do with an upgrade (even a slight one) at QB.
          Spend the Money on a Proven guy in the NFL rather than wait and hope that Rice works out. I was excited when we drafted Sidney Rice, he is one of my favorite players on the vikings but he has been like what people have said he is a china doll. Very easy to break.

Gimme TJ Houshmandzadeh someone who could come in and help out right away and will give Sage/Tarvaris another target.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
            Spend the Money on a Proven guy in the NFL rather than wait and hope that Rice works out. I was excited when we drafted Sidney Rice, he is one of my favorite players on the vikings but he has been like what people have said he is a china doll. Very easy to break.

Gimme TJ Houshmandzadeh someone who could come in and help out right away and will give Sage/Tarvaris another target.
            That's the smart approach because you guys have a "win now" team and banking on a youngster staying healthy and developing rather than bringing in a proven veteran would be a questionable decision.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• I understand your points..... I wouldn't hate having TJ on our team, i just wouldn't want it to be a long-term thing.

Maybe its just because i thought Rice was such a steal when he was drafted & I have him on my FF Dynasty team! :)
              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
              Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• I want Housh on the vikings.

sig by fenikz
                Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                You are just a terrible person.
                Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                I have an iPhone.

Comment

• i'm starting to get pissed. we waste a fourth rounder for sage, and the chiefs get cassel for a second rounder. the vikes havent done **** in free agency yet, but there is good news:

T.J. HEADING TO MINNESOTA
                  Posted by Mike Florio: Saturday, February 28, 2009 12:09 PM
                  When free-agency opened on Friday morning, receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh gushed on ESPN about the possibility of playing with running back Adrian Peterson.

In such a situation, with eight defenders focused at all times on stopping Peterson, Houshmandzadeh would enjoy single coverage -- and he declared that he'd win that battle "98.6 percent of the time."

Houshmandzadeh might be getting his wish, to the chagrin of the guy who makes the name plates for the backs of the jerseys.

According to Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Houshmandzadeh is wrapping up a visit with the Seahawks and will make his way to Minnesota.

But Houshmandzadeh might have to temper his expectations. The market simply hasn't been there, likely due in part to his age (he'll turn 32 this year) and the concern that he's another Alvin Harper or Peerless Price -- a No. 2 wideout who can't become the No. 1 guy.

Houshmandzadeh also has been trying to generate interest in Philly. On Friday night, Derrick Gunn of Comcast Sports Net reported that talks collapsed once the team realized that the bargain supposedly being offered by Houshmandzadeh was actually more money than he was seeking from other teams.

So don't be surprised that the Vikings pass, unless Houshmandzadeh is willing to take less than whatever it was that he'd been hoping to earn.
                  oh noes!!1! i've been rep raped

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
                    So if he leaves Seattle today, He could be coming to Minnesota and Let's hope he doesn't want to leave and be wearing some purple haha.

my prayers have been answered

Comment

• Housh wants elite money but he is not an elite player. Plus he will be 32 to start the season, I am against giving him a massive deal. I like the idea of adding weapons for Jackson/Sage/insert crappy QB here, but it would be throwing money away to give him the contract that he wants.

Comment

• Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
                        Housh wants elite money but he is not an elite player. Plus he will be 32 to start the season, I am against giving him a massive deal. I like the idea of adding weapons for Jackson/Sage/insert crappy QB here, but it would be throwing money away to give him the contract that he wants.
                        As am I giving him a massive deal. I don't want to see him getting a 5 year $40 mil a year contract. I'd more rather see 3 years, with $12 million. That would be a little bit more realistic for a #2 reciever who is aging. But when it comes down to it, we need another weapon. And TJ has to be the guy.

sig by fenikz
                        Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                        You are just a terrible person.
                        Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                        I have an iPhone.

Comment

• I will welcome Housh will open arms.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                            I will welcome Housh will open arms.
                            Yeah I second that and As far as I know TJ Houshmandzadeh is still in Minnesota. Which I just get my updates from startribune.com

Comment

• Vikings | May meet with Carr
                              Sun, 01 Mar 2009 11:13:19 -0800

Chip Scoggins, of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, reports the Minnesota Vikings may meet with unrestricted free-agent CB Chris Carr (Titans).

should help at least on special teams/returns
                              oh noes!!1! i've been rep raped

Comment

• http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=2555

The Limo he arrived in has left but isn't headed for the airport supposedly so could mean he is a viking or could mean he is taking a different route.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information