This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seattle it is, like i said, f him, it was all about the money

Free agent T.J. Houshmandzadeh will sign a multi-year deal with the Seahawks, according to the National Football Post.
    ESPN has picked up the report. Seattle was offering at least $2 million more than both the Vikings and Bengals. The Seahawks were also desperate for a durable wideout. Houshmandzadeh was a flanker in Cincinnati and that's Deion Branch's position in Seattle. Branch could now be moved to the slot or released, as it was rumored he might be in the winter.

Source: National Football Post
    Last edited by russie; 03-02-2009, 06:08 PM.
    oh noes!!1! i've been rep raped

Comment

• That's totally ok with me.

Bring on Holt!
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• Any active Viking fan want to take my place in the NFLDC Group Mock Draft? we just started today and currently on the 5 pick. You may trade picks but not players. So vikings are up for grabs, you must be active.

Comment

• I like the Holt idea. Maybe trade a 4th for him? Can I be the first to say no thanks to the cutler trade?

sig by fenikz
          Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
          You are just a terrible person.
          Originally posted by bigbluedefense
          I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
            Can I be the first to say no thanks to the cutler trade?
            you dont want a franchise qb? you just want to go with the same ol' also rans that cant do ****?

Comment

• Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
              I like the Holt idea. Maybe trade a 4th for him? Can I be the first to say no thanks to the cutler trade?
              If we happen to have another 4th round pick lying around, I'd go for it!
              Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• Originally posted by russie View Post
                you dont want a franchise qb? you just want to go with the same ol' also rans that cant do ****?
                No I simply don't want to give up our first round pick...again for a qb who hasn't proven much. The Allen trade I was fine with. But I love draft day, and I hate not seeing the Vikings use their first round pick :(

Does anyone think that Crabtree's stock will drop enough to the point where he would fall to the Vikings, or we could possibily trade up for him and not give up much? Just a thought, I saw a video from NFL.com that said him getting surgery might make his stock drop...It would be awesome to have a young amazing target IMO.
                Last edited by vikes_28; 03-03-2009, 09:44 AM.

sig by fenikz
                I have an iPhone.

Comment

• No chance crabtree falls. And honestly who cares about draft day. If we could get Cutler I would probably have a heart attack. I just don't see anyway that we could actually get a deal done.

Comment

• you guys have any idea how much the Vikings value Birk? Say, if the Ravens sign him, we Birk give the Vikings a chance to match the offer? And will the Vikings take up on it?

Cause he's in bmore right now :D
                    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,3917151.story

Comment

• I think that they don't value him as much as they should.

I think that Birk will try to get MN to match any offer that he is given. He wants to stay here more than they want him to.

Originally posted by hagy34 View Post
                      No chance crabtree falls. And honestly who cares about draft day. If we could get Cutler I would probably have a heart attack. I just don't see anyway that we could actually get a deal done.
                      I couldn't agree more. The speculation and anticipation of the draft is great, but why not take a proven commodity rather than chance it in the draft. I'm sure that the impact of getting Jared Allen was far greater than the players that we would have drafted with those picks.

Comment

• yay!!!!!

VIKES CUT CIURCIU
                        Posted by Mike Florio on March 3, 2009, 2:00 p.m.
                        The Minnesota Vikings have announced that linebacker Vinny Ciurciu has been released by the team.

Ciurciu was signed by the team in 2007 as a free agent, from the Panthers.

He was due to earn a base salary of $850,000 in 2009, the final year of his three-year contract.

Ciurciu appeared in 27 games in two seasons, with one start.

like i said before, f him. if he would have signed here, he would have been verbally polishing the vikes qb's knobs. all he is is a money hungry douche

HOUSHMANDZADEH DISSES VIKINGS’ QUARTERBACKS
                        Posted by Mike Florio on March 3, 2009, 2:25 p.m.
                        Newly-minted Seahawks receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh told Dan Patrick on Tuesday that the former free agent would have given the Vikings more serious consideration if they had a better quarterback.

Though such sentiments might anger hard-core Vikings fans (making them possibly inclined to replace the first “H” in T.J.’s surname with a “D”), it’s the truth.

The Vikings are solid at most positions, and quarterback obviously isn’t one of them.

That said, we think that Houshmandzadeh has been speaking out of both sides of his mouth. As Rick Alonzo the the St. Paul Pioneer Press recently pointed out, Houshmandzadeh’s primary objective in free agency was to pursue the money.

By all appearances, he signed with the Seahawks because they were offering him the most of it. If the Vikings had come up with a better offer, T.J. would still be gushing about how he could beat one-on-one coverage “98.6 percent” of the time with a running back like Adrian Peterson on the field.

Comment

• I wouldn't really expect Housh to have positive comments about our QB situation. It's not like he's the first person to point out that our QBs suck. I wish he would've signed here but I never expected us to even be in the running so its not a big loss. More importantly I'd like to hear what our plans are for Birk and where we stand with the Tauscher (sp?) talks.

Comment

• Originally posted by russie View Post
                            yay!!!!!

VIKES CUT CIURCIU
                            Posted by Mike Florio on March 3, 2009, 2:00 p.m.
                            The Minnesota Vikings have announced that linebacker Vinny Ciurciu has been released by the team.

Ciurciu was signed by the team in 2007 as a free agent, from the Panthers.

He was due to earn a base salary of $850,000 in 2009, the final year of his three-year contract.

Ciurciu appeared in 27 games in two seasons, with one start.

like i said before, f him. if he would have signed here, he would have been verbally polishing the vikes qb's knobs. all he is is a money hungry douche

HOUSHMANDZADEH DISSES VIKINGS’ QUARTERBACKS
                            Posted by Mike Florio on March 3, 2009, 2:25 p.m.
                            Newly-minted Seahawks receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh told Dan Patrick on Tuesday that the former free agent would have given the Vikings more serious consideration if they had a better quarterback.

Though such sentiments might anger hard-core Vikings fans (making them possibly inclined to replace the first “H” in T.J.’s surname with a “D”), it’s the truth.

The Vikings are solid at most positions, and quarterback obviously isn’t one of them.

That said, we think that Houshmandzadeh has been speaking out of both sides of his mouth. As Rick Alonzo the the St. Paul Pioneer Press recently pointed out, Houshmandzadeh’s primary objective in free agency was to pursue the money.

By all appearances, he signed with the Seahawks because they were offering him the most of it. If the Vikings had come up with a better offer, T.J. would still be gushing about how he could beat one-on-one coverage “98.6 percent” of the time with a running back like Adrian Peterson on the field.
                            haha doushmandzadeh!

sig by fenikz
                            I have an iPhone.

Comment

• I remember when Bernard Berrian said he wanted to come to Minnesota to work with Tarvaris Jackson. His nose grew three inches mid-sentence.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• I hear Birk is in Baltimore now and is suppose to make a decision by the end of the week. I hope like hell re get him back, otherwise our center position will be f.u.b.a.r.

And I swear if Childress tries to play Ryan Cook at center, I will not watch a Vikings game all year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information