This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pete_norm View Post
    The vikings released John David Booty from the practice squad...

I was never sold on Booty, but still he could have developped into a serviceable QB given enough time.
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo. It is a sad day for me. Booty may never amount to anything but I will always be a fan because I just like the man (and his name).

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
      Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo. It is a sad day for me. Booty may never amount to anything but I will always be a fan because I just like the man (and his name).
      It's a sad, sad day for Vikings fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
        It's a sad, sad day for Vikings fans.
        You'll have to change your sig.

sig by fenikz
        Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
        You are just a terrible person.
        Originally posted by bigbluedefense
        I have an iPhone.

Comment

• I have mixed feelings about Quinn. I do find it highly unlikely he'll end up in Minnesota. I still think he has the ability to be a starting QB in this league. Mangini has Clevland such a mess right now, I almost feel sorry for there fans. I mean, who do the Browns have for WRs? Joshua Cribbs is there only playmaker.
          Last edited by General Zod; 10-15-2009, 12:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
            You'll have to change your sig.
            Never......Ever....... Booty will rise again.

Comment

Never......Ever....... Booty will rise again.
              That's wishful thinking.

sig by fenikz
              I have an iPhone.

Comment

• The return of longtime Vikings center Matt Birk to Minnesota as a member of the Ravens has received a lot of attention, at least in the Twin Cities.

Vikings defensive tackle Pat Williams, for one, is sick of answering questions about facing his former teammate.

"Everyone's trying to make it a Birk thing, a Pat thing. But I don't care," Williams told Sean Jensen of the Pioneer Press. "We don't miss him around here. We don't care about no [expletive] Baltimore or nothing. We're on a mission. We're worried about the Minnesota Vikings. That's it."

Birk may have earned six Pro Bowl nods in Minnesota, but Williams is entering his 13th consecutive season as one of the scariest dudes in the league. Williams also didn't like the perception that the Vikings could struggle to match Baltimore's toughness.

"I'm tired of people saying it's going to be a physical game," Williams said. "Our team is physical. We're the physical team."

Annually ranked as the best run-stopping team in the league, the Vikings have been less dominant early this season. They are giving up 3.8 yards per carry, only good for 10th in the league. They are middle of the pack in giving up receiving yards to opposing rushers.

Baltimore will be a tough test for Minnesota; they are sixth in rushing yards per game as a team. Williams, unsurprisingly, doesn't seem worried.

Asked about Baltimore's running back duo of Ray Rice and Willis McGahee, Williams said, "They got to show up, too," Williams said. "We ain't giving no 100 [rushing yards]."
                I love Fat Pat, hopefully his play is as good as his words this week.
                "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                  I love Fat Pat, hopefully his play is as good as his words this week.
                  I hope so as well. Should be a great game this week.

sig by fenikz
                  I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Percy and Loadholt are questionable for sunday. I hope like hell they can play. Percy even more then Loadholt. Hicks did a decent job of filling in for him last sunday. But we need Percy to be out there, we need his speed against that raven defense.

Comment

• Booty re-signed again today according to Judd Zulgad per Twitter.

JuddZulgad QB John David Booty re-signed to Vikings practice squad today. He was let go on Wednesday. OL Clint Oldenburg is released.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
                        Booty re-signed again today according to Judd Zulgad per Twitter.
                        YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. There is still hope. JDB will never leave us!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                          YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. There is still hope. JDB will never leave us!
                          <3 <3 <3 <3

Comment

• I think this is the week we lose (@ Pittsburgh). It's the first outdoor game against a real NFL team and their pass happy offense will be to much for our horrid defensive backs to handle. Roethlisberger is great at buying time for his receivers and he can shake off defenders trying to sack him.

Comment

I think this is the week we lose (@ Pittsburgh). It's the first outdoor game against a real NFL team and their pass happy offense will be to much for our horrid defensive backs to handle. Roethlisberger is great at buying time for his receivers and he can shake off defenders trying to sack him.
                              I think you're right. If the vikes win, you might as well say they will win the superbowl.

sig by fenikz
                              I have an iPhone.

Comment

• For the record now, I think we get shredded by Pittsburgh, although we have blocked the 3-4 very well so far this year.

Winfield's got a sprained foot according to Childress, and won't rule him out for Pittsburgh..

I just know Hines Ward is going to light our tits up in the slot so hard.

Gameplan for this game should be a healthy dose of Peterson and Chester.. they can be run on with the loss of Aaron Smith.

I just don't think we can stop them enough.
                                "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information