Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had this sick gut feeling that we would lose and sure enough... Our defense just played terrible. There are no other words to describe it than that. We sucked in all aspects of the D. Hopefully this year we'll be able to add some impact players in free agency and be able to draft some guys who will see the field.

On a positive note, Pierre Thomas had his coming out party today and I think he did very well. I think he still needs a couple more years of experience but he looks like he will be a stud someday, hopefully for us. Usama Young looked promising, but it also looked like he needed to see the field more.

Well, here's to next season. Cheers.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

• Week Three: Saints @ Broncos

Big game. We usually win games that I think we're gonna lose and lose games where we should win, but.. this game.. eek.

Go Saints!
      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer

Comment

• This might be the game to get Jeremy Shockey jumpstarted, tight ends usually do well against the Broncos because of their SLBs and safeties.
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Agreed. Shockey is gonna have to come up big Sunday.

Is it just me or does Brees hang alot of guys out to dry when he hangs those swing passes in the air so damn high?

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

• He does, LOL.

In other Saints news:

Saints sign Harrington

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Damn Saints, you fail me again. We had what is thought to be an automatic 3-points but no the damn kicker screws us over.

I will say it wasn't just the kicker, our D was horrid.

Ugh Top-15 pick here we come.

Comment

• So does anybody else think we will be drafting a HB/CB with our first 2 picks?

And Mike McKenzie looked pretty good considering this was his first action in a year. Glad to have him back.

And why doesn't Jason David just retire? He knows he's a terrible corner and everybody in NO hates him, why stay?

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

• I can see a CB. I don't think they are ready to give up on Bush just yet, and when they do give up on him i think they turn to Thomas.

Why didn't they atleast give Deuce a few carries? I don't understand that.

Comment

• I'm not talking about Bush, I love him. I just think he needs a compliment and that guy could be Scott, Beanie, or another one of the big bruisers.

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

• Originally posted by NOLAFan View Post
                      Why didn't they atleast give Deuce a few carries? I don't understand that.
                      This is just my thought, but Deuce is past his prime imo. I don't even know why the Saints have him on the roster, my guess is they were thinking with their hearts instead of their heads. Noble, but not very helpful to the football team.

But hopefully the haters who probably didn't even watch this game like most all Saints game can keep telling us that Reggie Bush is a bust. You know, because a bust can make plays that few if any other backs can make, when he has the opportunity.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
                        I'm not talking about Bush, I love him. I just think he needs a compliment and that guy could be Scott, Beanie, or another one of the big bruisers.
                        Oh ok. So basically a Thunder to his Lightening? Yeah i would like that but i don't think they will do that in the next draft,pending on what happens this season of course.

Yeah Deuce may be past his prime, but Thomas and Bush weren't doing anything, atleast they could do is send Deuce in and see what he could do.

I really liked Bush tonight, he was making many stupid mistakes, besides that damn fumble. If he could play like that all the time i would atleast be pleased with him.

Comment

• The problem is our offensive line. Outside of Jahri Evans and Jammal Brown our offensive line is very lackluster. I see them getting absolutely zero push in the run game, which is where we need help the most. Jon Stinchcomb is garbage and so is Jamar Nesbit.

And I'm finally starting to warm up to Reggie as he seems to be following his open field blocking more.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                          WHO DAT!

Comment

• I'd like to have a bruiser back just like the before mentioned scott, however the main worry for me is our secondary, its great to see porter developing a bit but mckenzie is becoming old and we need another safety as well. Also the olb are a bigger need in my book than a bruiser.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                            - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                            - Corner or Wideout in the first
                            - No reaching
                            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                              The problem is our offensive line. Outside of Jahri Evans and Jammal Brown our offensive line is very lackluster. I see them getting absolutely zero push in the run game, which is where we need help the most. Jon Stinchcomb is garbage and so is Jamar Nesbit.

And I'm finally starting to warm up to Reggie as he seems to be following his open field blocking more.

Yup.

Funny, even Reggie's biggest critics are starting to see it. I'd love to say Reggie is the problem and just find a RB to fill the void, that would be a hell of a lot easier than building 60% of an offensive line.

Hopefully we can still make some real noise this season, but it would be nice to see Nicks get in there, but we really need another mauler. Duke Robinson anyone? I heard something like he hasn't allowed a tackle from the guy he is assigned to in each play in like 4 of the last 6 games.

I don't think it's coincidence that all the top running backs each year play behind stellar lines.
                              Originally posted by SNIPER26
                              fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• That was a tough loss to swallow. Ugh.
                                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information