This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
    I'm really excited for this game as a Jets fan. It will be pretty interesting to see how the new defense fares against the NFL's top offensive attack. Not really a stretch to say that the Saints are the biggest challenge for this team so far. I think the Saints will win this game, particularly playing in the dome. Either way I'm glad I'll get to actually watch it on TV this week, don't always get Jets games in Philly. Hope it's a good one.
    if i had to guess the homefield advantage is what eventually makes the difference. a windy game in new york would be a whole different story to a game in the dome where the saints quick release game can flourish

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
    - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
    - Corner or Wideout in the first
    - No reaching
    - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• I have a feeling we roll in this game, go into the bye week and talk about how great we are for two weeks, and we come out and get steamrolled by the Giants.
      Originally posted by SNIPER26
      fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
        I have a feeling we roll in this game, go into the bye week and talk about how great we are for two weeks, and we come out and get steamrolled by the Giants.
        I actually think the opposite. I think the Jets will win this weekend in the Dome. Their defense is gonna give Brees fits and cause him to make turnovers and i just don't see our Dline stopping their run.

I say we get beat 28-14 but then come out after the bye and beat the Giants.

Comment

I'm really excited for this game as a Jets fan. It will be pretty interesting to see how the new defense fares against the NFL's top offensive attack. Not really a stretch to say that the Saints are the biggest challenge for this team so far. I think the Saints will win this game, particularly playing in the dome. Either way I'm glad I'll get to actually watch it on TV this week, don't always get Jets games in Philly. Hope it's a good one.
          Cheers, I'm hoping for a good clean game.. I hope you're right about the Saints winning. Likewise the Jets will be our toughest challenge thus far.. (atleast until we get to the Giants the week after next) I think for the most part this game will be tough, but I can't help but thinking it will start to slip away in favor of 1 of the teams. Either the Jets aggressive Defense disrupts Brees and our passing Offense, and then the Jets proceed to milk the clock and keep the Saints offense off the field... or the Saints will pull ahead with some explosive plays, and then things spiral when Sanchez tries to bring his team back from behind. I think it will be all or nothing when these two teams play.

I'm really intrigued as to how we'll decide to attack the Defensive looks the Jets will throw at us. Screens, and Draws may be able to generate some big plays but we haven't been very successful running screens. We might go to a lot of 3,4 WR looks and try to get some quick passes off if there are mismatches to be had. Which is why I feel having Lance Moore play this Week is vital... he's really adept at feeling the holes in the Defense, and he'll do some damage and move the chains underneath.

I think we can already conclude that Darrelle Revis will be able to completely take out one of our Wide Receivers from the game with his lock down coverage. I personally think they'll try to mirror him on Colston, as he's been our best WR through 3 Weeks... and he's been key on 3rd downs. That may leave opportunities for Devery Henderson, and possibly Robert Meachem. I'm not sure that with the pressures Drew will have time to get good looks Down the field... but eventually I think Payton's going to try to set up a Deep Shot or two. I have a feeling Payton is going to want to come right out of the gun Passing... and that may be a good thing or our downfall. We find the right mismatches we're golden. I'd love to see the Tight Ends be worked in the middle seams, and of course Lance Moore getting the quick slants, outs, hitches...

Comment

• Lito Sheppard is out.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
              As is Donald Strickland, our nickel. Dwight Lowery and Drew Coleman are solid, don't get me wrong, but both are downgrades. Losing the depth at corner will hurt a lot too.

Comment

• yeah it might sound weak but we can really use less depth at corner, certainly with our depth at wideout. favourable matchups waiting to happen

- No reaching
                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by wicket View Post
                  yeah it might sound weak but we can really use less depth at corner, certainly with our depth at wideout. favourable matchups waiting to happen
                  I think it does give us a slight edge, but honestly I don't think these losses will change Rex Ryan's approach much. Which is just to send the all out pressure at the QB from various angles. So now instead of Sheppard, and Strickland matched 1-1 on an island with our receivers it will be Lowery, and Coleman who probably aren't as talented cover men but if our Protection doesn't give Drew Brees the necessary amount of time to get accurate throws off it won't matter.

Looks like Bushrod will be out, and Zach Strief will get the start at Left Tackle he really has to step up.

Comment

yeah it might sound weak but we can really use less depth at corner, certainly with our depth at wideout. favourable matchups waiting to happen
                    Absolutely, against the Titans it wasn't as big of a deal but it really hurts a lot against a team with as much depth and talent at WR as the Saints.

Comment

• 17-3 at the half. I am impressed with our defensive play in the first half.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Defense has done a great job taking advantage of Turnover opportunities... however they can't hold up forever; and we haven't had much success Offensively thus far.

Offense is going to have to get something going here, but the key thing remains we have to protect the football. Very costly fumble...

Comment

• well second straight week the D wins a game for us. I must say im impressed

- No reaching
                          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

well second straight week the D wins a game for us. I must say im impressed
                            So am I. Our defense is playing great.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

Comment

• The Saints played a great game. Williams did a fantastic job with the defensive calls, tackling was consistent and your defense both stopped the run and made Sanchez pay for the mistakes that he made. I have to say while I expected a Saints victory I did not expect the defense to be carrying them as opposed to the offense. This is a really different team from previous seasons down in New Orleans, winning ugly two games in a row without ridiculous offensive production. Definitely a dangerous team in the NFC. Best of luck the rest of the season, guys.

Comment

The Saints played a great game. Williams did a fantastic job with the defensive calls, tackling was consistent and your defense both stopped the run and made Sanchez pay for the mistakes that he made. I have to say while I expected a Saints victory I did not expect the defense to be carrying them as opposed to the offense. This is a really different team from previous seasons down in New Orleans, winning ugly two games in a row without ridiculous offensive production. Definitely a dangerous team in the NFC. Best of luck the rest of the season, guys.
                                cheers.

on the game: I guess Sharper wasnt kidding when he said that sanchez had a tell

- No reaching
                                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information