Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Orleans Saints Draft thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree then. It's cool -- people are down on Bush for having a down sophomore season (and like to ignore the fact that he played through a lot of the season with an injury). When Bush is used correctly, he's a threat. Period. Yes, he does need to improve on field vision and hitting the hole without trying to bounce everything outside, but to say he needs to completely change positions is silly. At least in his third season it is.
    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

    “We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

    Comment


    • People don't understand that hes got a ton of growing left to do. Bush can be a bigger, faster Brian Westbrook if he gets a little stronger and learns some inside patience.

      Give him another 2 years before you start calling him a bust, I say.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TigerBait45 View Post
        People don't understand that hes got a ton of growing left to do. Bush can be a bigger, faster Brian Westbrook if he gets a little stronger and learns some inside patience.

        Give him another 2 years before you start calling him a bust, I say.
        That's what I say as well, but we shall see.
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

        “We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

        Comment


        • Player / Saints observations

          QB:
          John David Booty

          RB/FB:
          <No players>

          WR/TE:
          Martin Rucker
          Eddie Royal
          Dorien Bryant
          Brad Cottam
          Donnie Avery
          Kellen Davis
          Andre Caldwell
          D.J. Hall

          OL:
          Mike Pollak
          Drew Radovich
          Kory Lichtensteiger
          Mike McGlynn
          Chad Rinehard

          DL:
          Chris Ellis
          Jason Jones
          Andre Fluellen

          LB:
          Dan Connor
          Titus Brown

          DB:
          Patrick Lee
          Thomas DeCoud
          Terrell Thomas
          Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
          Terrence Wheatley

          Specialists:
          Alexis Serna
          Mike Dragosavich
          Garrison Sanborn
          Brandon Coutu

          ----

          The trend looks to be WR, TE, OL, DB and K/P so far.



          Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

          Comment


          • Rodgers-Cromartie seems to be really impressing at the Senior Bowl. If he has a great combine, can he become a possible option at #10?
            The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

            Sig by jkpigskin

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
              Rodgers-Cromartie seems to be really impressing at the Senior Bowl. If he has a great combine, can he become a possible option at #10?
              I don't know if his stock will raise that high.

              Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

              Super Bowl XLIV Champions
              WHO DAT!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                I don't know if his stock will raise that high.
                I don't think it will, but stranger things have happened.

                I'm really starting to think more and more DB. If Dorsey and Ellis are both gone, as it seems they would be, you can scratch DT off the list of potential picks. With Little Animal going back to school, Rivers is probably the only LB worth taking that high, and there is enough LB depth in this draft that we can probably pick up a quality starter in Round 2. Jenkins, Talib, McKelvin, Cason, and Kenny Phillips should all go in that area. I think we need a corner more than a safety, but I like Phillips more than any of the prospects at CB.
                The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

                Sig by jkpigskin

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
                  Rodgers-Cromartie seems to be really impressing at the Senior Bowl. If he has a great combine, can he become a possible option at #10?
                  I think McKelvin has a chance to go in the top 15.
                  The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

                  “We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                    I think McKelvin has a chance to go in the top 15.
                    I think so too.

                    Right now, I'm not too worried about drafting DB. I'd like to see us draft one but I"m thinking third round. There are enough quality FA cornerbacks to go after one. I'm more worried about creating a pass rush and having impact linebackers.

                    Here's my 5 round mock draft so far (I don't like going past 5)

                    1. Keith Rivers - OLB
                    2. Phillip Wheeler - ILB
                    3. Charles Godfrey - CB
                    4. Andre Fluellen - DT
                    5. Adrian Arringont - WR

                    Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

                    Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                    WHO DAT!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                      I think so too.

                      Right now, I'm not too worried about drafting DB. I'd like to see us draft one but I"m thinking third round. There are enough quality FA cornerbacks to go after one. I'm more worried about creating a pass rush and having impact linebackers.

                      Here's my 5 round mock draft so far (I don't like going past 5)

                      1. Keith Rivers - OLB
                      2. Phillip Wheeler - ILB
                      3. Charles Godfrey - CB
                      4. Andre Fluellen - DT
                      5. Adrian Arringont - WR
                      I like that draft I would just like Loftin at 2 if available

                      Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

                      WHO DAT

                      Comment


                      • I just really want Rivers in the 1st..I am high on him

                        Sick sig by Jackalope

                        LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN

                        Comment


                        • i've been MIA for a while, so this may have been discussed....

                          what happened to Antoine Cason? it seems if he had come out as a JR he would have been a top 15 pick. now it could be possible for NO to get him in the 3rd.

                          Comment


                          • Hey saints fans... what do you think of the possibility to draft Medenhall? Payton is an offensive guru, and since he's become the coach of the Saints he has always drafted offensive players in the first round.. Considering that your offense was at his best when you have a power back to share carries with Bush... do you think this could happen?


                            In Bob We Trust

                            John Madden's wedding video business

                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Modano View Post
                              Hey saints fans... what do you think of the possibility to draft Medenhall? Payton is an offensive guru, and since he's become the coach of the Saints he has always drafted offensive players in the first round.. Considering that your offense was at his best when you have a power back to share carries with Bush... do you think this could happen?
                              With the re-signing of Stecker and reports coming out of camp that Deuce's rehabilitation has gone extremely well, I think the possibility of drafting a running back in the first round are slim to none. We still have Bush and Pierre Thomas on the roster as well.

                              Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

                              Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                              WHO DAT!

                              Comment


                              • It wouldn't shock me, to be honest. I almost expect it.

                                I won't like it much though. Mendenhall should be a good back but we have bigger needs than that. If he wants a between the tackles guy that bad he needs to wait a few rounds and pick up Matt Forte.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information