This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
    I really think we could get Navarro Bowman in the 2nd, if we get Williams in the first.
    If that happened...

Originally posted by Pick6TheSaintWay View Post
    NO he will not be an every-down player
    This is my biggest problem with picking him in the first. If given the chance to draft him or trade down with some team willing to pay too much for him, I hope we pick the later. also, welcome to the forums...WHO DAT!

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Pick6TheSaintWay View Post

I could be completely off on this, and I know people don't feel the same as I do but I just wanted to give my own little write-up and get myself acquainted with the boards. And one more WHO DAT!
      don't know who you are or where you came from but i like your enthusiasm for cody in the first even though i think that he is as good or better at what he does of each of the four prospects you mentioned except for price.
      Last edited by nofalcons10; 02-20-2010, 01:36 AM.

Comment

• would anyone be in support of

brandon graham

--or--

jerry hughes

as our #1 pick at DE.

an inside source at saintsreport says that the team is looking first for a DE with elite pass rushing skills early over a DT.

Comment

• Brandon Graham yes.
          Originally posted by SNIPER26
          fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• Brandon Graham will not last till our pick.
            Brian Price - I could live with. He'd have to be a 3-tech and we'd have to move Sed Ellis to the nose.
            Arthur Jones - Pass. He's not healthy enough.
            Terrance Cody - I'd rather dry hump a piece of sandpaper. Anybody but him.
            Jared Odrick - Yes. I'd take him, even if it means moving Sed to NT.
            Daryl Washington - I love him as a prospect but not for this team. He needs to flow freely to the ball and we don't have the personnel to allow him to do that.
            Bowman - I love him as a prospect but would only take him with our 2nd rounder but would consider it with our first depending on whose on the board. He's a playmaker although he lacks maturity and needs to really grow as a player.]
            Eversen Griffen - Id' rather choke on a piece of rancid meat.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
            WHO DAT!

Comment

• so you guys would be for taking graham but i agree that he probably doesn't last til our pick.

jerry hughes is another matter. aside from graham he has the quickest first step and best closing speed of any defensive end in the draft.

truthfully, i never gave much consideration to DE in the first round until the point was raised by the staff itself at SR because of how obvious it is that we lack a nt but i guess when i stop to think about it a DE like graham or hughes would make alot of sense for this team.

GW is alot like Dick lebeau and rex ryan and values pass rushers over run stoppers. personally, i would prefer a big DT like Cody or price but a speed rusher as good as graham or hughes is something that we lack right now and if either one were taken i guess i would be pretty excited.

Comment

• as far as brian price being a three tech i do seeing him able to contribute there but after watching film of him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irQMYESMEaY

and comparing it to pat williams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCz6-GBtjiQ

i was suprised to see how similar they both were.

they both stand their ground on single blocks very nicely and both move very well laterally when disengaging from centers or guards. i never knew how quick pat williams was until prock brought it to my attention last month and i actually went back and watched some film.

the reason i prefer price over cody or dan williams is his ability to get off of the ball and penetrate laterally and not simply hold the point of attack at the line of scrimmage.

lateral penetration against the run appears to be something that jared odrick cannot do. if you watch film of he and ellis you'd see that ellis moves really well sliding off of blocks against the running game.

i would prefer vince oghobasee over jared odrick because oghobasse has better lateral disengagement.

if we can get another big space eater NT to back sed up i would have no problem moving sed back to nosetackle.

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                  Eversen Griffen - Id' rather choke on a piece of rancid meat.

I guess I'll hold on to this until draft day for you then. I would be fine if we took Griffen in the first.

Comment

• CJ and others, if we draft him I will eat that. If not, it's an all you can eat buffet. I loathe him as a prospect.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                    WHO DAT!

Comment

• Your nightmare Saints pick that people are actually talking about

Well the title says it all.

I actually have two for the first round

any cornerback
                      pouncey

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                      - Corner or Wideout in the first
                      - No reaching
                      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Any CB/OG/WR/QB/MLB in the first.
                        If all the people thats rated higher then Pouncey are taking at the positions we need, Id take Pouncey. But only if the players we should target aren't there. It is a reach, but Goodwin is just mediocre at best.

Comment

• whilst i do agree with you that goodwin aint good im not even sure if I think that pouncey is the #1 center at all. I think I like both walton and tennant better and they can both be gotten quite a bit later

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                          - Corner or Wideout in the first
                          - No reaching
                          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by wicket View Post
                            whilst i do agree with you that goodwin aint good im not even sure if I think that pouncey is the #1 center at all. I think I like both walton and tennant better and they can both be gotten quite a bit later
                            I think he is the best, but like my dream Mock Id love my guy in the 3rd as well.

Comment

• Just say NO!

Comment

• Maybe the Saints should trade Marques Colston to the Falcons for Michael Jenkins and some other players/picks.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information