This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
    I thought Sergio Kindle for sure. Does this mean Jenkins is moving to FS? We better draft a OLB in the 2nd.
    I think it means that, yes, Jenkins has to be moving to FS and that we have no plans of trying to bring back Darren Sharper. If that's the case then, fine, but still... this pick confuses me more so than the Robert Meachem pick in 2007. I was PRAYING for Sergio Kindle.
    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• still angry about the picks even after a good nights sleep (2 hours)

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
      - Corner or Wideout in the first
      - No reaching
      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• I'm gonna be thinking about this pick all freaking day now, instead of paying attention to lectures....freakin Saints. Just when i think we are headed up, WE GET SUCKED BACK DOWN!!! SERENITY NOW!!!!

Comment

• I posted this elsewhere, but:

I'll say this... the pick... still not huge on it but it does makes sense.

The Jets have what most are saying as the best CB duo in the league (I'm personally not that huge on recent Antonio Cromartie) and they used their first round pick on a cornerback as well. When teams line up against the Saints, even if you say take away Colston & Henderson what kills an opponent's opposing secondaries is that their CBs can't match up against Lance Moore/Robert Meachem. It's vital to have a great nickelback in today's league so with that said I get the pick and understand it.

Still wanted Kindle, though.
          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Originally posted by nofalcons10 View Post
            we really have no reason to be upset about the pick. robinson was a sure-fire first round talent and killed his pro day.

we needed another corner because gregg williams cannot bring his exotic blitzes if even one of his starting cogs at corner isn't healthy. look at what rex ryan did. he traded for cromartie and drafted kyle wilson to go along with revis.

when both greer and porter were out last year we basically regressed to gary gibbs' read-and-react defense and could not bring the pressure at all just like in the washington game.
            Originally posted by nofalcons10 View Post
            jenkins is definetly moving to safety now. *** will likely be the dime-back.
            Yeah, I understand the "why" this pick was made and I do now think that NO will move Jenkins to Safety. What surprises me the most is the "when" this pick was made. I was certain that we'd go LB, DE or DT with that first pick and the personel were there. That's what had me floored when I heard the pick announced.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• So as of now, Stanely Arnoux is a starting OLB!!! :p

Comment

• Saints coach Sean Payton hinted that last year's injury issues in the secondary contributed to the decision to draft CB Patrick Robinson.

http://www.sunherald.com/2010/04/22/...selection.html

I still wanted Kindle. The fact that he fell into our laps and we did not take him is crazy. Like Meachem I hope they prove us wrong.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

• It's like the Saints actively try to not have good OLBs.

I understand the logic behind the pick, I just don't agree with it. Our team isn't good enough to just take luxury picks of guys who aren't at a position of need, nor are they the best player available.
                  Originally posted by SNIPER26
                  fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• Even the logic behind the pick is flawed in my book. RU seriously going to spend a first round pick on creating a situation where you dont have to pay a veteran. Effectively this pick doesnt improve any of the starting positions as the safety is still a spot between jenkins, young and vaughn and the nickel corner is still going to be randall. I hate spending a first round pick on someone who should not even see the field when there are so many needs on the board.

- No reaching
                    - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by wicket View Post
                      Even the logic behind the pick is flawed in my book. RU seriously going to spend a first round pick on creating a situation where you dont have to pay a veteran. Effectively this pick doesnt improve any of the starting positions as the safety is still a spot between jenkins, young and vaughn and the nickel corner is still going to be randall. I hate spending a first round pick on someone who should not even see the field when there are so many needs on the board.
                      I think he beats out Ga y easily. I really dislike him. But thats just me. Also, Eric Norwoods still on the board..... :P

Comment

• at least randall can tackle

- No reaching
                        - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

at least randall can tackle
                          Twenty-four of his career-high 52 tackles came vs. the running game in 2009.

I think thats very good from a CB

Comment

• Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
                            Twenty-four of his career-high 52 tackles came vs. the running game in 2009.

I think thats very good from a CB
                            that just means his DLine is very bad (which it was)

Ive seen quite a few full games on this guy and he cant tackle to save his life.

- No reaching
                            - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

that just means his DLine is very bad (which it was)

Ive seen quite a few full games on this guy and he cant tackle to save his life.
                              Im trying to be optimistic here mister!!!!! I personally haven't seen games, but reading about him makes me think if GW can work with him, it's going to be a very good pick. Not to mention he wore Primetimes number at FSU, it has to rub off. Right?

Comment

• Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
                                Im trying to be optimistic here mister!!!!! I personally haven't seen games, but reading about him makes me think if GW can work with him, it's going to be a very good pick. Not to mention he wore Primetimes number at FSU, it has to rub off. Right?
                                tried it but couldnt do it, felt like betraying my own intelligence

- No reaching
                                - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information