X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wicket View Post
    tried it but couldnt do it, felt like betraying my own intelligence
    Ahh just think on madden how good our pass D rating would be ;) ttyl gotta go to school.

Comment

• ill at least have players to trade now at the start of my franchise season

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
      - Corner or Wideout in the first
      - No reaching
      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• I was going to post my thoughts but declined last night because I was too emotional opting instead to sleep on it and see how my thoughts were in the morning. Since then, however, not much has changed. We struggled last year when Tracy Porter and Jabari Greer went down with injuries leading us to sign Mike McKenzie, Marcus McCauley, Mike McCallister who were not the answer. By drafting Robinson, we now shore up the secondary with three young and talented starters and it also allows us to move Malcom Jenkins over to free safety and not re-sign Darren Sharper, which I think is a lock not to happen now.

Although I may understand the move, I don't agree with it. While we did win the Super Bowl last year we are still not in a position to draft luxury players, which is what Robinson is. Our most pressing need is at strongside linebacker and a player like Jo-Lonn Dunbar, Stanley Arnoux (4th rounder last who blew his Achilles), and Marvin Mitchell are not the answer. We could have shored up SLB by drafting Sergio Kindle (who would have killed in Greg Williams scheme) or upgraded WLB by drafting Daryl Washington, who I personally wanted.
        Now, this brings us into the second round where we have to hope someone falls to us, which is always a very risky proposition. Either that or we draft another position, hopefully defensive tackle, and wait until the latter part of the third round to address our need at SLB where in that round the talent level has been decreased
        I would have much rather left the draft with Daryl Washington or Sergio Kindle, Linval Joseph/Lamarr Houston, and Perrish Cox than Patrick Robinson, Linval Joseph/Lamarr Houston, and someone like Roddrick Muckelroy. I know many people have faith in the front office but I still have my reservations in their ability. While I think they are good, I don't think their as good as Baltimore's, Pittsburgh's, Green Bay's, or New England's.
        Last edited by diabsoule; 04-23-2010, 01:14 PM.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
        WHO DAT!

Comment

• keep in mind that when things went wrong it wasnt just greer and porter injured
          it was greer porter gai and torrence, four of our top 5 corners were out, no wonder the D suffered. drafting to be prepared for that is like drafting for the team to be good during an attack on the us, its not usefull to draft for freak situations. If you are able to handle that sort of situation your squad is just unbalanced.

Still freaking HATE the pick

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
          - Corner or Wideout in the first
          - No reaching
          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• I'm not a fan of the pick either. Although when we were on the clock there wasn't anyone I really wanted. Both Spoon and Hughes were gone. I kind of wanted us to trade down or maybe take Washington.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

• I think Diab put how I feel now best. What I'm wondering about now is what do we do now in round 2 and how will a potential trade of Brown play out into us getting those players we are looking at.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Just read this. makes feel a little better about Kendle.

Texas linebacker Sergio Kindle surprisingly didn't get selected in the first round Thursday.

Now we know why.

Several teams had Kindle off their board due to medical issues, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. Chip Brown of Rivals.com writes that Kindle's knee was a "serious" medical risk that could require microfracture surgery.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

• If Brown is traded for a 2nd, we just have to come out of the round with a DT and an OLB. Will be an exciting day, let's hope it goes our way :)

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

• Originally posted by Sveen View Post
                    If Brown is traded for a 2nd, we just have to come out of the round with a DT and an OLB. Will be an exciting day, let's hope it goes our way :)
                    If we do that and come out with a DT and OLB, two positions that need to be filled with quality players, then yes, I will be very happy and more excited about the pick with Patrick Robinson. If not, or if we go in another direction during the draft, then I will be scratching my head and cursing the FO under my breath.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                    WHO DAT!

Comment

• Jason Reid of the Washington Post tweets that the door remains ajar for a possible Haynesworth deal, with the Saints being among the teams to have inquired.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                        Yeah, I understand the "why" this pick was made and I do now think that NO will move Jenkins to Safety. What surprises me the most is the "when" this pick was made. I was certain that we'd go LB, DE or DT with that first pick and the personel were there. That's what had me floored when I heard the pick announced.

it was just too much value to pass on at corner in order to reach for one of the remaining linebackers or DTS.even i would've taken robinson over my man terrence cody and even cam thomas because i think that robinson is not only the most talented corner but also the most ready to start right away.

don't be suprised to see the saints go offense here in the second round today.

rob gronkowski
                        jimmy graham
                        jonathan dwyer
                        golden tate
                        andre roberts
                        arrelius benn

are names to keep an eye on.

the linebackers that i really want at #64 are jason worilds and jamar chaney. also watch out for matt mayberry between the 3rd and fourth round.

Comment

• F this draft

Comment

• Ok with us taking Brown, how likely are we now to trade Brown?

Comment

• I am not a happy camper after the first 2 rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                                Ok with us taking Brown, how likely are we now to trade Brown?
                                If its not 100% This draft makes me question everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information