Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And what about Sean Payton? His first year was great, but after that? I didnt like a lot of his decisions this game. The onside kick twice was just plain dumb. Abandoning the run so early, even though it was somewhat effective. Definitely not the offensive genius, despite having great tools to work with.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
      And what about Sean Payton? His first year was great, but after that? I didnt like a lot of his decisions this game. The onside kick twice was just plain dumb. Abandoning the run so early, even though it was somewhat effective. Definitely not the offensive genius, despite having great tools to work with.
      Payton always abandons the run too early. I wasn't a big fan of the move to hire Sean Payton in the first place and people are beginning to see why. He's too reliant upon having a team with great offensive weapons and building and relying on the aerial attack than having a balanced team. This team needs balance.

Drew Brees passed 58 times this game. Yeah, you read that correctly. Fifty-eight. Just reading that stat shows that we barely ran the ball and relied on Drew's arm more than anything to win the game for us.

I've rarely been a fan of Payton's play-calling and it's only gotten worse. He's predictable and overly aggressive.

I just can't say anything good about the coach or DC right now. We suck. Period. We have some good pieces in place but we need the team to be tweaked a considerable amount before we will be considered legitimate contenders for anything.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

• To think the team would be so much better if they simply ran the ball more often. He is getting way too carried away with having Drew Brees as his QB and targets everywhere.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Looks like the Saints will sing the same exact song as last season. At this point in the season I've seen enough and it's fairly clear the Saints are behind the other 3 teams in this Division. Just way too many glaring deficiencies on this team. Disastrous Secondary (will only get worse with McKenzie's injury, ineffective Pass Rush, Offense that is just way too 1-dimensional, and this problem only compounds once we get down score-wise.

Very disappointed in Jeremy Shockey.. it's good to know that when the team needs him to be mentally in the game the most, that he quits and just sulks on the sideline.

D3- regarding Payton it seems like he's taken a way too aggressive approach in his game management, and play calling actions. Now there are times when it's necessary to take risks, but they have to be calculated.. Excessive risk taking when the odds are stacked against you becomes foolish and Sean is repeating a lot of the same mistakes.. (an example of this can be the opening play of the game a forced Play-action to the Deep post to Henderson that was intercepted. First play of the game, no run threat has been establish the Safeties would be fools to bite on any kind of play-action) Payton needs to go back to the fundamentals that made him successful in '06. Playing smart, fundamental football, controlling the ball with an efficient short passing game, and an honesty to the run. The past 2 years it seems like the Saints want to be a "flashy" Offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Auron View Post
            Payton needs to go back to the fundamentals that made him successful in '06. Playing smart, fundamental football, controlling the ball with an efficient short passing game, and an honesty to the run. The past 2 years it seems like the Saints want to be a "flashy" Offense.
            Couldn't say it any better myself.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
              And of course, the FO doesn't go after Hall. Didn't Hall say he would welcome a trade to NO last offseason?
              A complete EPIC FAILLL!!!! by the FO for not going after Hall.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                A complete EPIC FAILLL!!!! by the FO for not going after Hall.
                Why would you want him?

Comment

• Despite his character issues I think he would have been a great contribution to our defensive back-field.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                    Why would you want him?
                    Have you seen our cornerbacks play?

WHO DAT!

Comment

• DeAngelo Hall = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cancer

Comment

• Well, since he's with another team, now I hope so.

Comment

• I really think we could use hall although i usually dont like that kinda characters but with porter injured en mckenzie out for a while prolly we just need al the help we can get. For those who are better familiar with contract lengths, are there any good left tackles hitting free agency, I'd really like to move brown to the right and have a good LT. (I know the odds are slim)

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                          - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                          - Corner or Wideout in the first
                          - No reaching
                          - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• After the Shockey experiment I don't think you guys need players like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                              After the Shockey experiment I don't think you guys need players like that.
                              Give Shockey a full offseason healthy and he'll be fine.

McKenzie out for the rest of the season by the way.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

• Watching the Saints all year it seems like with all the new faces and injures. The team really has not had a chance to gell together. It sucks that the Saints caught the injury bug, because I was really pulling for them. Look at the bright side though, if you finish worst this year. Next year you will be first. It was good to see Brees to get on Shockey for not being where he was supposed to be, and dropping the pass.
                                Originally posted by 49erNation85
                                I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information