This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51
    I never said that the Saints weren't allowed to be excited. I meant it, I like Saints fans talking trash. Good for you, it's fun.

But........

I would take a good defense over a good offense any day of the week. Pat yourselfs on the back all you want, but if we can get healthy on defense (ie: if Tommie Harris isn't done for the year, which is a BIG if) no offense but the Saints don't seem as much of a threat to me as the Cowboys and the Seahawks do. Just a personel reflection.

And both teams have had a cakewalk schedule. Don't kid yourselves. You've beaten the Cowboys and nobody else of worth. Don't kid yourself into thinking the Falcons or Eagles are worth a ***********. That kind of talk makes you look like Saints fans of last year, not this year.

As for being the best team in the NFC, of course you are. Just ask Sean Salisbury and the rest of the talking heads at ESPN. They haven't been wrong since last week when Tony Romo and the Cowboys were the best team in the NFC.
    Sean Salisbury is worthless. The only opinion I care about on ESPN is Jaws cuz he actually knows what he's talking about.

The Bears have a great defense but their D has taken a hit now that Tommie Harris is out for the year.

The Bears play the Viqueesn, the Lion cubs, and the Fudge packers. We play the Panthers, G-Men, and 'Skins. How are both of our schedules a cake walk? The Saints have by far the hardest schedule when compared to yours.

We can say we beat good teams cuz who would have seen the Saints doing this kind of stuff this season? Did you, Jim Rome? I don't think so. The Saints were overlooked and now we're a contender and a Bears fan is going to tell us that we can't have our time in the sun? Bite me. Your schedule has been far easier than ours, with a tremendous D that you guys have had for years. We have a team with 34 players on it that weren't on the team last year. You make it seem like the Saints and Bears are on even playing fields. Stop trying to downplay the Bears and own up to the fact that the Bears have been underachieving because Grossman is a featherweight as a QB, the Panthers burn you guys in the playoffs, and you got pwned by the Dolphins. We got beat by the defending Super Bowl champs who are making a run now, a Ravens team who is kicking ass in their division, a Bengals team who is looking red hot ,and a Panthers team who is a division rival. Yeah, Saints fans are allowed to talk smack but you give us every reason in the book why the Bears are better and basically tell us why we can't. Give it up, dude. Saints fans can talk smack cuz we have never been this good, have never had the kind of attitude we've been playing with, have never had this kind of hope in our team, have never had a feeling of faith in being able to believe our team can win every game we play and are disappointed that we actually lost, and that we are actually competitors. Stop trying to make the Bears out to be a martyr. Saints fans have been martyrs in the past and no matter how many losing seasons the Bears have had, the Saints have had far more.

If we meet in the playoffs we will see which team is better. My bet is on the Saints. Drew Brees has been able to do what he can agains the top defenses in the league and as this season has progressed our QB play and team chemistry has gotten better. Grossman's has gotten worse. This game against the Rams is a fluke as far as I'm concerned until he can prove he can have this kind of game against good teams, and we won't know that until the playoffs.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
      You guys played a great game. Definately getting a lot of respect from me. I'm just here to eat crow for the Henderson bet. Congrats.
      Way to be a good sport. You mind if I save that sig for future use?

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule
        Originally posted by thule
        You guys played a great game. Definately getting a lot of respect from me. I'm just here to eat crow for the Henderson bet. Congrats.
        If you want it I'll send it to you on saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
          Originally posted by diabsoule
          Originally posted by thule
          If you want it I'll send it to you on saturday.
          Awesome. Thanks.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Awesome post, dia. Completely owned.
            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
              I never said that the Saints weren't allowed to be excited. I meant it, I like Saints fans talking trash. Good for you, it's fun.

But........

I would take a good defense over a good offense any day of the week. Pat yourselfs on the back all you want, but if we can get healthy on defense (ie: if Tommie Harris isn't done for the year, which is a BIG if) no offense but the Saints don't seem as much of a threat to me as the Cowboys and the Seahawks do. Just a personel reflection.

And both teams have had a cakewalk schedule. Don't kid yourselves. You've beaten the Cowboys and nobody else of worth. Don't kid yourself into thinking the Falcons or Eagles are worth a ***********. That kind of talk makes you look like Saints fans of last year, not this year.

As for being the best team in the NFC, of course you are. Just ask Sean Salisbury and the rest of the talking heads at ESPN. They haven't been wrong since last week when Tony Romo and the Cowboys were the best team in the NFC.
              Sean Salisbury is worthless. The only opinion I care about on ESPN is Jaws cuz he actually knows what he's talking about.

The Bears have a great defense but their D has taken a hit now that Tommie Harris is out for the year.

The Bears play the Viqueesn, the Lion cubs, and the Fudge packers. We play the Panthers, G-Men, and 'Skins. How are both of our schedules a cake walk? The Saints have by far the hardest schedule when compared to yours.

We can say we beat good teams cuz who would have seen the Saints doing this kind of stuff this season? Did you, Jim Rome? I don't think so. The Saints were overlooked and now we're a contender and a Bears fan is going to tell us that we can't have our time in the sun? Bite me. Your schedule has been far easier than ours, with a tremendous D that you guys have had for years. We have a team with 34 players on it that weren't on the team last year. You make it seem like the Saints and Bears are on even playing fields. Stop trying to downplay the Bears and own up to the fact that the Bears have been underachieving because Grossman is a featherweight as a QB, the Panthers burn you guys in the playoffs, and you got pwned by the Dolphins. We got beat by the defending Super Bowl champs who are making a run now, a Ravens team who is kicking ass in their division, a Bengals team who is looking red hot ,and a Panthers team who is a division rival. Yeah, Saints fans are allowed to talk smack but you give us every reason in the book why the Bears are better and basically tell us why we can't. Give it up, dude. Saints fans can talk smack cuz we have never been this good, have never had the kind of attitude we've been playing with, have never had this kind of hope in our team, have never had a feeling of faith in being able to believe our team can win every game we play and are disappointed that we actually lost, and that we are actually competitors. Stop trying to make the Bears out to be a martyr. Saints fans have been martyrs in the past and no matter how many losing seasons the Bears have had, the Saints have had far more.

If we meet in the playoffs we will see which team is better. My bet is on the Saints. Drew Brees has been able to do what he can agains the top defenses in the league and as this season has progressed our QB play and team chemistry has gotten better. Grossman's has gotten worse. This game against the Rams is a fluke as far as I'm concerned until he can prove he can have this kind of game against good teams, and we won't know that until the playoffs.
              Niiiiiiice. 8)
              The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

But........

So you've lost to more good teams, and that means what exactely? I'm missing the point. Find me more than one good team that you've beaten, or your point makes no sense. And no, the Falcons and the Eagles dont' count.

The NFC South nothing. What an insanely overated division. The Bucs are up for grabs for the worst team in the NFL, the Panthers are sub .500, the Falcons just plain suck. The Saints are the only good team. In fact, we swept the NFC South just last year. Yeah we lost in the playoffs, but even 4-1 is pretty dominant.

I'm not arguing that you can't be excited or talk trash. Like I said, I encourage it. But you're going to get a response when you say "nobody can stop our offense". Horseshit. You know who can stop your offense? Well you can start with the 4 teams that beat you.

I'm sure you would think the Saints could beat us. Maybe you're right. But just because you're 9-4 doesn't mean you can whip your dick around an nobody can argue with you. I don't care if you're "America's Team" this year or not.

And if you actually think I'm Jim Rome, we should end this debate, and I can introduce you to a nice man in a lab coat to have a "chat".

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I'm not arguing that you can't be excited or talk trash. Like I said, I encourage it. But you're going to get a response when you say "nobody can stop our offense". Horseshit. You know who can stop your offense? Well you can start with the 4 teams that beat you.
                  :roll:

The teams that beat us couldn't stop us from moving the ball. We put up 407 yards on Carolina, 403 on Baltimore, 517 on Pittsburgh, and 595 on Cincinnati. You're forgetting the second part of my statement, which is if our offense is clicking and we don't turn the ball over, nobody can beat us.

Carolina was the only team that beat us straight up; in every other loss we gave the game to the other team with an excess of turnovers. Not that it matters because a loss is a loss, I'm just saying.

Get that BS out of here.

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• The Bears are not as great a defensive team as you apparently think they are.

Tom Brady did fine against them, Drew Bree's is the same level QB. Combine that with McAlister and Bush, and than throw in a 5 wide, the Saints can go against anyone.

Basically, you got owned in this thread because all you do is spout off about how great the Bears are, or how great this player is, when the Bears haven't really done much.

The Bears are just a worse version of the 05 Steelers.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShutDwn
                      The Bears are not as great a defensive team as you apparently think they are.

Tom Brady did fine against them, Drew Bree's is the same level QB. Combine that with McAlister and Bush, and than throw in a 5 wide, the Saints can go against anyone.

Basically, you got owned in this thread because all you do is spout off about how great the Bears are, or how great this player is, when the Bears haven't really done much.

The Bears are just a worse version of the 05 Steelers.
                      The Bears aren't that great, but they're better than the Saints. The Patriots also have a defense, big difference. Not to mention that we played that game on the road in the regular season, turned the ball over I don't even know how many times, and still only lost by 4 points.

And the '05 Steelers would beat this Saints team any day of the week. The Saints are a fun team to watch, and I actually am rooting for them, but I find it absolutely incredible how much everyone has completely jumped off the Tony Romo hype train and onto the Saints hype train. Since when did they become the favorites in the NFC? Outside of the Grossman argument (which does have some validity I'll admit) it makes no sense to me why we aren't still the favorites, if for no other reason than the field is so terrible. I actually think next to the Bears, the Cowboys, Seahawks, or Giants all have better shots at beating us in Chicago out of the NFC because when they are on they have the ability to both run and shut down the run, something the Saints do not. They beat the Cowboys because they completely abandoned even trying to run the football for reasons that are well beyond me.

The Saints game in New York should be a good barometer at how well they can play on the road in a harsh enviroment and run the ball. If they win that game then I'll give them more credence.

Comment

• By the way, I'm not trying to take over the Saints forum, and I apologize for doing so. This is my last post, just putting my two cents in, good luck going towards the playoffs and we'll likely see you when you get there.

Comment

By the way, I'm not trying to take over the Saints forum, and I apologize for doing so. This is my last post, just putting my two cents in, good luck going towards the playoffs and we'll likely see you when you get there.
                          Translation: I can't take getting owned one more time in this thread, so I'm out.

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Bearsfan=OWNED

Ok now that i've gotten that laugh out. I wish people would stop saying we're a super bowl team. It jinxes us. When your a Saints fan you can't get to excited. Oh by the way Brees For President :D

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule

But........

So you've lost to more good teams, and that means what exactely? I'm missing the point. Find me more than one good team that you've beaten, or your point makes no sense. And no, the Falcons and the Eagles dont' count.

The NFC South nothing. What an insanely overated division. The Bucs are up for grabs for the worst team in the NFL, the Panthers are sub .500, the Falcons just plain suck. The Saints are the only good team. In fact, we swept the NFC South just last year. Yeah we lost in the playoffs, but even 4-1 is pretty dominant.

I'm sure you would think the Saints could beat us. Maybe you're right. But just because you're 9-4 doesn't mean you can whip your dick around an nobody can argue with you. I don't care if you're "America's Team" this year or not.

And if you actually think I'm Jim Rome, we should end this debate, and I can introduce you to a nice man in a lab coat to have a "chat".
                              Here's a comparison of teams with winning records that both the Saints and Bears have won against. I'll start with the Bears first.
                              Seattle (8-5)
                              NY Giants (7-6)
                              NY Jets (7-6)

Here are the Saints wins against opponents with winning records:
                              Atlanta (7-6) Twice
                              Philadelphia (7-6)
                              Dallas (8-5)

The combined records of the remaining opponents of the Bears is 14-25.
                              The combined records of the remaining opponents of the Saints is 17-22.

Also take into consideration that the Bears play no team that is in playoff contention while the Saints play two teams that are, and it shows you that the Saints have the harder schedule.

You say that it doesn't count that we won against Atlanta and Philadelphia. Then I guess it doesn't count that you beat the Giants or Jets either because after all, both teams have had their problems this year much like the Falcons and Eagles, and well, I just can't give you credit for those wins based on that logic. Let's see here, Philly is still in the playoff hunt right now. When we played them both teams were 4-1 and still working through some kinks, but the Eagles at the time, had beaten more respectable teams. We played them and beat them. Atlanta has been a Saints division rival for over 30 years and to discredit a sweep over a division rival, who is in the playoff hunt as well, is just plain dumb especially when you consider that there is no love lost at all between those two teams and they would love to ruin our playoff chances.

Ok, so you ran roughshod over the NFC South last year. Congratulations. It's great that you guys also had a winning record and secured home field advantage as well, however, the NFC South sent two teams to the playoffs last year when the NFC North only sent one. It is also said that while regular season success is sweet, post season success is what matters. If my recollections serves me correct, the Panthers went to Soldier Field and won 29-21. So it was great that you swept the NFC South in the regular season but when it counted you guys dropped the ball. While we're on the topic of how "overrated" the NFC South is, let's look at the NFC North a bit. While both divisions have two teams who are clearly the class of their division right now, the rest of each division are a bit of a mixed bag.
                              In the NFC South you have the Atlanta Falcons who seem to have a big of an identity crisis but have still managed a 7-6 record and a still clawing for a playoff spot. Their remaining schedule is tough but it is feasible that they could still clinch a playoff berth. The next team is the Carolina Panthers who were preseason Super Bowl favorites. They have had problems this year but are still a game under .500, which isn't bad. They could still make the playoffs if they win out. That can also be said about the second best team in your division, the Minnesota Vikings. While the Vikings have a pretty good running game, their defense is suspect through the passing game and they have a 78 year old out there as QB. The next is the Packers at 5-8 with the immortable Brett Favre and a bunch of children playing next to him. The laughing stock of both of our divisions this year are the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Detroit Lions. So, while you say the NFC South is overrated, they still have two teams fighting for a playoff berth and another team who is one game away from securing one, while the NFC North has one team that has already secured a berth and then one team whose outlook is bleak at best at making the playoffs.
                              So, if the NFC South is overrated, yet still has 3 teams in the playoff hunt and a team with the third worst record in football, while the NFC North only has 2 and a team with the worst record in the NFL, then what does that make the NFC North?

So, in conclusion, our two wins over two teams in the playoff hunt don't count but the only argument you presented was that the Eagles and Falcons "just aren't that good". Obviously they must be doing something right if they have a winning record AND are in the playoff hunt. But they don't count? Gee... That's a mystery.
                              The NFC South is overrated when we have a team with the second best record in the NFC, another team fighting for a playoff spot, and another team not far behind that could still make the playoffs. While the NFC North has one team that has already made the playoffs and has the best record in the NFC and another team that could still make the playoffs and that's it. So, while the NFC South has three competitive teams, the NFC North only has two and if the NFC South is overrated with three competitive teams then I don't know what that makes the NFC North? I'll let you and the readers of this figure that one out.

And by the way, I never said that "nobody could stop our offense". I dare you to try and find the paragraph that I said that because I am damn sure that I didn't. All I said was that our offense is now clicking on all cylinders and our QB can dissect any defense in the league.

Oh and you said something about us not being to stop the run. Well, let's just compare both sides of the ball as far as statistics are concerned.

Defense
                              The Bears have the No. 3 defense in the NFL.
                              The Saints have the No. 12 defense in the NFL.

The Bears allow 105 rushing yards per game.
                              The Saints allow 131 rushing yards per game.
                              So, the Bears win this category but both teams are allowing over 100 yards rushing per game.

The Bears allow 175 passing yards per game.
                              The Saints allow 184 passing yards per game.
                              The Bears win this category as well but the Saints are only allowing 9 more passing yards a game. Interesting fact there.

The Bears allow 13 points per game while the Saints allow 20. Ok, so that's a touchdown lead right there. So, while its true the Saints allow far more rushing yards per game than the Bears, by 26 yards more per game, the passing yards allowed per game are very close with the Saints only giving up 9 more yards per game than the Bears.
                              It's going to be hard gauging the Bears now on how many rushing yards per game that they will give up because out of their final three opponents, no team has a great rushing attack. The Bears may also be vulnerable to the run now that their run-clogging NT Tommie Harris is done for the season.

Offense
                              New Orleans has the No. 1 offense in the NFL.
                              Chicago has the No. 20 ranked offense in the NFL.

New Orleans gains 107 rushing yards per game.
                              Chicago gains 117 rushing yards per game.
                              So, Chicago rushes for 10 more yards per game than the Saints. Interesting.

New Orleans gains 303 passing yards per game.
                              Chicago gains 196 passing yards per game.
                              The Saints gain over 100 yards more per game passing than the Bears.

New Orleans averages 27 points scored per game.
                              Chicago averages 27 points scored per game.
                              The only stat that is tied.

So, while Chicago leads in every category but one, passing yards per game, one statitistic, passing yards allowed per game, is very close. The Saints give up 26 more yards rushing per game and the Bears gain 10 more yards rushing per game.
                              The Bears defense is ranked 9 spots ahead of the Saints while the Saints offense is ranked 19 spots ahead of the Bears. The only thing to take into consideration is the fact that Chicago's run stuffer, NT Tommie Harris, is out for the season, while New Orleans run stuffer, DT Hollis Thomas, will be back in time for the playoffs which is the only time these two teams will meet.

The stats point out that it should be a very close game.

The key to a win against the Bears is to contain the running game and let Rex Grossman beat you.
                              The key to a win against the Saints is to pressure Drew Brees and force him to make mistakes.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by LSU Man
                                Bearsfan=OWNED

Ok now that i've gotten that laugh out. I wish people would stop saying we're a super bowl team. It jinxes us. When your a Saints fan you can't get to excited. Oh by the way Brees For President :D
                                I don't know about you, but I've never once said the words "Saints" and "Superbowl" together. Even those years when they were doing very well (most notably 2000 and 2002, even going back to 91 and 92) it was almost like you were waiting for something to go wrong. This season is different. This team is good, and I don't think they're setting us all up for disappointment.

Saints in the Superbowl? Why not? They've got as good a chance as any other NFC team to make it.

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information