Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About some of the worst possible news imaginable for today.

Left Tackle Jammal Brown was carted off the field after suffering what looked to be a serious knee injury. I'm waiting until the official report comes out but it doesn't look good at all. :(

Link 1
    Link 2 - WWL

JACKSON, Miss. -- The New Orleans Saints suffered a potentially devastating blow to their high-powered offense this morning when All-Pro left tackle Jammal Brown went down with an injury to his right knee.

Brown, a third-year pro, was carted off with his jersey over his face after trainers worked on him for about five minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Auron View Post
      About some of the worst possible news imaginable for today.

Left Tackle Jammal Brown was carted off the field after suffering what looked to be a serious knee injury. I'm waiting until the official report comes out but it doesn't look good at all. :(

Link 1
      Link 2 - WWL
      This. Sucks.
      The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Someone... hold me. :( Auron?
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Well... it's not looking too great.

I'd like to see us try to persuade Willie Roaf to un-retire and end his career with one last season in New Orleans. Otherwise, we're pretty much screwed...

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
            Someone... hold me. :( Auron?
            In Payton's press conference he sounded confident, and said there was some stability in the knee.

...which at this point is something. I believe he's having an MRI and we'll know the exact degree of the injury later this afternoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
              Well... it's not looking too great.

I'd like to see us try to persuade Willie Roaf to un-retire and end his career with one last season in New Orleans. Otherwise, we're pretty much screwed...
              Zach Strief played well against Julius Peppers and also played well against Tampa Bay so I'm not ready to get ready for a Top 10 pick quite yet. However, it does suck major ass and is a huge blow & loss to us. :(
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                Zach Strief played well against Julius Peppers and also played well against Tampa Bay so I'm not ready to get ready for a Top 10 pick quite yet. However, it does suck major ass and is a huge blow & loss to us. :(
                And where did I say that we're going to have a Top 10 pick?

We're screwed because Strief would (obviously) be a major downgrade at LT, and even without comparing him to Brown I'm not sure he's a guy I'd want protecting the blind side of my relatively fragile franchise QB. Clearly, the more hits Brees takes, the greater chances are of him getting hurt, and I'd say with great confidence that, without Jammal Brown, Brees will face considerably more pressure than he did last season. If Drew gets hurt, then yeah --- we could have a top 10 pick. All this without mentioning the impact this could have on the run game.

I hope and pray that Jammal's injury is nothing major, but it's really not sounding too good. I have a feeling we could persuade Roaf out of retirement to come play for the Saints again, and I REALLY hope we try doing so if Brown's going to be out for a considerable period of time. Even at 37 years old, he's far and away the best option out there.

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Early reports is that it's just a bone bruise.

I'm trying not to rejoice too much.

Comment

• ..I think I might dance like MC Hammer I'm so happy.

Comment

• I think we dodged a major bullet here. Glad to find out it was only a bone bruise, honestly it sounded so much worse when it was first reported.

I got called into work in the middle of the day so I was worried about the news all day.

Comment

• Thank The Lord!

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• I am so happy that Jammal Brown didn't seriously injure his knee. We would've been in trouble if he would have.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                          WHO DAT!

Comment

• "WWLTV.com staffer reports that linebacker Scott Fujita was seen on crutches and with his right foot taped up as the team returned from a morning excursion to a local water park. Details to come."

Sean Payton can't win for losing. Practice them hard? Brown gets injured. Day at the WATER PARK? Fujita is injured. Hopefully, it's just a sprain. I'm glad he was just taped up instead of a cask.

Comment

• Saints released LB Trev Faulk, and WR Dante Ridgeway per Rotoworld.

Comment

• I kind of had some hope for Trev Faulk. Donte Ridgeway was just a camp body.

And it's a good thing we signed Dhani Jones in case the Fujita happens to be a little more serious than first thought.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                                WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information