X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
    I did see some positives, though.
    Hey, the Saints have the #2 ranked offense in the NFL...... or atleast until Sunday.

Just kidding, seriously, what could be expected of the Superbowl Champs opening game, dropping the banner, national televised, at home. The Saints will turn things around, the Colts just always come out firing (9-0 last year, 13-0 the year before). You guys will make some adjustments, give David some over the top help, over fire him either way ("No-take-backs", you gave up a 4th rounder for him square and fair).

Comment

• Hey, I'm not going to lie, the Saints are a good football team, but that defense is going to be your weakness...that and if Reggie Bush keeps stealing carries away from Deuce. I'm not saying don't give him the ball, but let him be a WR like he was last year, he doesn't have the vision or toughness for RB in the NFL, and he made that point last night talking about not fighting for yards, getting down ASAP and he said he's scared of fumbling, well that's where the problem starts, if you're afraid of it, not just aware of it, you're going to cough up the ball more often.

The Saints are not the team that played last night, you guys have nothing to worry about, basically it was another pre-season game for you guys and you weren't ready to get smacked in the mouth like that, next week you will be and your season is going to turn around very quick.

I hate to say it but I think now the Saints will be MUCH tougher after taking that beating than they were before it. Here are some of the things I saw in the game.

Yes, your DL is awful, BUT you have 2 guys who can make it to the pro bowl from DE, you just happened to run into the best offensive line in football...nothing you can really judge from that, that OL is just plain nasty. The problem I saw was your DT not getting ANY push, that's not going to bode well for you guys. Your DEs can get all the rush they want, but until your DTs can force runs to the outside into your insanely good DEs, it doesn't matter.

I wouldn't worry about you know who's cornerback play last night, that was Reggie Wayne making him look stupid, not Adam Jennings...it should just make him more focused for the rest of the year. I mean Peyton's pump gets everyone, so it's not like he's a terrible player, he just has to keep his head out of the backfield on man coverage. Even if he doesn't you wont see a pump fake that good except from Carson Palmer.

Offensively, Colston is just a monster, he's not a gamebreaker, but man alive the kid is strong and has wonderful hands. That one diving / leaping whatever that was he did catch over the middle last night showed me everything I could ever want to see from a WR. Great catch using only his hands, and no fear, none whatsoever. The position he put himself in could have gotten him killed if a LB was in the right place, but he didn't care he just knew he had to catch the ball...Wow...stellar player.

RBs:
      Deuce wasn't given the rock enough to get anything going. Force feed him up the middle of that defense and make the Colts play the run, not the dance that Reggie does. As long as Payton feels the pressure to give Reggie the ball as a RB that many times a game, you'll never have a consistent offense. Bush isn't a great runningback, he's not even a good runningback, he lacks vision and tries to wait for something to open up, news flash, you played in the worst conference in college football on one of the best teams in college football. He hasn't shown an adjustment to the speed of the NFL at this point and that's not a good thing. But Deuce is a monster and if he's given enough touches and Reggie is used as a WR out of the backfield like last year, as well as a WR in the slot...with Deuce pounding it 20-25 times a game, you guys are going to be real REAL tough.

Your offensive line wasn't as good as I remember it being...because that colts pass rush isn't that great...Mathis is a good situational rusher, but Freeny isn't what he's cracked up to be either, one move wonder. But your LT (forgot his name) looked pretty amazing on a few nice moves from him just pounding him into submission. I'd love to have a LT that could do that in ATL.

QB: Drew Brees...well we saw that he has that itchy trigger finger, and wants to beat someone deep even if it isn't there, he took a lot of things last night but he tried to force too much too...if people can cover up your WRs deep, look out because wow...he's going to try to make something happen. Your TE though...that guy is a monster, bouncing people off like nothin, really like the way he played last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
        Your offensive line wasn't as good as I remember it being...because that colts pass rush isn't that great...Mathis is a good situational rusher, but Freeny isn't what he's cracked up to be either, one move wonder. But your LT (forgot his name) looked pretty amazing on a few nice moves from him just pounding him into submission. I'd love to have a LT that could do that in ATL.
        Woah, rewatch that game. The offensive line was just plain poor last night, and the Colts pass rush is probably one of the top 5 in the league. Freeney man handled Jammal Brown, he was in the back field on almost every play (and was getting held quite often, even Madden saw it).

I probably shouldn't go into the "Freeney isn't what he's cracked up to be" but...... I have to. He averaged just under 13 sacks a season in his first 4 seasons. Last year he was injured and the Colts were run on consistently, yet he still had the most QB pressures out of any DE in the league. Out of every DE in the league he has allowed the least yards per carry to his side, now thats a hard stat to record, but basicly how that works is if its inside the tackle its the DT job so it only counts sweeps and stretches, still thats his assignment in Cover 2 and he does it quite well.

The game was won last night in the trenches. The Colts D-line didn't give Brees enough time to get it down field, and they stopped the run. The Colts O-line gave Manning time and ran the ball at will (even the rookie Ugoh looked good).

Comment

• Originally posted by tylerb929 View Post
          Woah, rewatch that game. The offensive line was just plain poor last night, and the Colts pass rush is probably one of the top 5 in the league. Freeney man handled Jammal Brown, he was in the back field on almost every play (and was getting held quite often, even Madden saw it).

I probably shouldn't go into the "Freeney isn't what he's cracked up to be" but...... I have to. He averaged just under 13 sacks a season in his first 4 seasons. Last year he was injured and the Colts were run on consistently, yet he still had the most QB pressures out of any DE in the league. Out of every DE in the league he has allowed the least yards per carry to his side, now thats a hard stat to record, but basicly how that works is if its inside the tackle its the DT job so it only counts sweeps and stretches, still thats his assignment in Cover 2 and he does it quite well.

The game was won last night in the trenches. The Colts D-line didn't give Brees enough time to get it down field, and they stopped the run. The Colts O-line gave Manning time and ran the ball at will (even the rookie Ugoh looked good).
          I just don't see the Colts having a top 5 pass rush. Mathis is a GREAT situational rusher, but I mean consistent on every down and distance, not just the 3rd and longs. I saw Jamaal MAUL Freeney on more than one occasion, I didn't see the entire game, just a little bit of it, so I was just going on what I saw. I just think Freeney gets too much love, his sack numbers have been coming down after that one monster season. I just don't think he's as great as people say he is. He has 1 move, and yes, it's a DARN good one, but man, if you can learn to defend that, which a lot of teams did last year...then he's going to get killed all night.

Comment

• I thought the Saints DL looked pretty bad. They were going against a rookie LT and couldn't record one sack on a pure pocket passing QB. They didn't even get close.

At this point, Bush shouldn't get any handoffs unless they are coming off a reverse from the slot.

Colston and Brees are very good players.

Comment

• This can go in the Official Saints Discussion Thread.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
              WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                I just don't see the Colts having a top 5 pass rush. Mathis is a GREAT situational rusher, but I mean consistent on every down and distance, not just the 3rd and longs. I saw Jamaal MAUL Freeney on more than one occasion, I didn't see the entire game, just a little bit of it, so I was just going on what I saw. I just think Freeney gets too much love, his sack numbers have been coming down after that one monster season. I just don't think he's as great as people say he is. He has 1 move, and yes, it's a DARN good one, but man, if you can learn to defend that, which a lot of teams did last year...then he's going to get killed all night.
                The problem is, they do what the system asks them to. Freeney has much more than one move, if you watched him, you'd see. And the fact that he led the NFL in QB pressures last year (with teams running non stop and playing while injured) proves that he has not been "figured out".

Comment

• This quote comes from Jim Mora and perfectly sums up the 'Aint's game.

Well, what happened was, that second game, we got our ass kicked. In the second half, we just got our ass totally kicked. We couldnít do diddley poo offensively, we couldnít make a first down, we couldnít run the ball, we didnít try to run the ball, we couldnít complete a pass - we sucked. The second half, we sucked. We couldn't stop the run. Every time they got the ball, they went down and got points. We got our ass totally kicked in the second half - that's what it boiled down to. It was a horseshit performance in the second half. Horseshit. Iím totally embarrassed and totally ashamed. Coaching did a horrible job. The players did a horrible job. We got our ass kicked in that second half. It sucked. It stunk.
                  Bluto- When the going gets tough the tough get going.

Bluto I'm a zit get it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=qft0bdhl17c

Cartman- Kyle get that sand out of your vagina.

Comment

• I'm just trying to understand what went wrong from last year to this year. We have the same talent we had last year and even added some guys who can come in and help get it done yet we are 0-2 and things do not look. I know we as fans can think of some things that we could do but I'm wondering what the coaching staff has planned. Something has got to give.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                      I'm just trying to understand what went wrong from last year to this year. We have the same talent we had last year and even added some guys who can come in and help get it done yet we are 0-2 and things do not look. I know we as fans can think of some things that we could do but I'm wondering what the coaching staff has planned. Something has got to give.
                      I think our players just aren't mentally in the game at all times. There has to be a major lack of focus, effort, confidence at this point..which is causing the players to not execute up to their ability; and it's not something you can just single out 2 or 3 players for... it's the whole team.

It's Devery Henderson dropping 3 catchable passes including 1 that could've been a Touchdown, it's Reggie Bush showing frustration and committing a personal foul after a play is over, it's Deuce and Reggie fumbling the football, it's our Offensive Linemen getting physically over powered and not playing well as a unit, it's Brees getting flustered and rattled causing him to miss open receivers, and then force throws late in the game because we have to get back in it.

It's like a trickle down "ripple" type effect that's plaguing this whole team. I know we're better than that, you know we're better than that, this team and Payton knows these players are better than what they're showing on the field. Payton needs to find a way to stop the bleeding..and fast.

Comment

• Is the secondary really that damn bad? I mean come on, what the hell is going on? Bullocks I know is not great in pass coverage but is he really that bad? Or is it coaching? Or is it Jason David? I don't know what the hell it is but they need to fix it and fix it quick.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

• Originally posted by marks01234 View Post
                          At this point, Bush shouldn't get any handoffs unless they are coming off a reverse from the slot.
                          Thank you. I have been saying that the Saints should make Reggie Bush a WR ever since he was drafted. He is nasty when he has the ball in his hands down field.... he just can't get there in the NFL.

Comment

• And with the lack of WR depth why not move him there? I know he's a threat wherever he is but damn, get him in some open space, not running up the gut. That's Deuce's forte.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

• Deuce more than likely out for season with torn ACL

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3035134

There goes our season, as if we didn't need any more bad news.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Last week I kept saying "It can't get any worse". but somehow with this team it just does. It's like a nightmare that doesn't end.

It's just a dang shame because Deuce is really a stand up guy, and as of now the best RB in Saints history but he just has had trouble staying healthy. I really hope that wasn't his last play in Black & Gold.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information