This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
    btw, I think the Saints could wait until next summer to sign Colston long-term. Does he deserve it now? Probably, yes. But they could wait another year, or maybe get something done this season when he's signed so cheap relatively to his production.
    I think it'll get done during the season or before. Signing him up long-term and Evans are essential. I believe communication has already started between the parties (Colston that is). I think the next offseason will be about trying to retain Will Smith long-term.
    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• NEW ORLEANS SAINTS SIGN CB AARON GLENN
      For Immediate Release: April 7, 2008

New Orleans Saints Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis announced Monday that the club has signed unrestricted free agent cornerback Aaron Glenn.

Comment

• Well, that came out of nowhere.
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Yeah, bit surpirsed.

Comment

• I dont think he will make the team. But who knows.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
              Well, that came out of nowhere.
              And I'll tell you why, because the whole sports world was a.) focused on the NCAA Men's Basketball championship game, b.) the induction of Dick Vitale, Pat Riley, Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon, Patrick Ewing and others to the Basketball Hall of Fame and c.) no one in the national media cares about the Saints... :(

But, I will commend the Saints in scooping up Aaron Glenn. Not saying that he'll be a starter or anything, but I think that this move might mark the end of Fred "Toast" (as diabsoule would say) Thomas or Jason "Arts and" Craft.

Just a thought.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
              https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

• Glenn probably isn't much better than Jason Craft at this point in his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerBait45 View Post
                  Glenn probably isn't much better than Jason Craft at this point in his career.
                  Could be but he can play Man 2 man better than David.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

• Originally posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
                    Could be but he can play Man 2 man better than David.
                    A wet noodle can play man to man better than David. That noodle could probably do a little more defending too.

Here's the problem. Aaron Glenn is how old? 39? He won't be in the league much longer and I see him as nothing more than a dime back at best. If anything, this means Freddy T won't be back, which isn't much because he didn't see the field that often last year anyway.

The main obstacle is the fact that we are signing guys who are better Cover 2 guys (Jason David, Randall ***) to play in our predominant man schemes. Unless we are considering a change to a Cover 2 scheme then we need to target CB's who fit our scheme.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                    WHO DAT!

Comment

• You think *** forgot how to play man since college? He was a damn good man corner in Saban's pro defense, don't think he forgot how to be physical man.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

• Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
                        You think *** forgot how to play man since college? He was a damn good man corner in Saban's pro defense, don't think he forgot how to be physical man.
                        I hope he did not forget we really need him to step up.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

• Originally posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
                          I hope he did not forget we really need him to step up.
                          We also need him to be healthy, which is something he has had a hard time doing since he came into the league.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                          WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                            A wet noodle can play man to man better than David. That noodle could probably do a little more defending too.

Here's the problem. Aaron Glenn is how old? 39? He won't be in the league much longer and I see him as nothing more than a dime back at best. If anything, this means Freddy T won't be back, which isn't much because he didn't see the field that often last year anyway.

The main obstacle is the fact that we are signing guys who are better Cover 2 guys (Jason David, Randall ***) to play in our predominant man schemes. Unless we are considering a change to a Cover 2 scheme then we need to target CB's who fit our scheme.
                            What's funny is that Cover 2 is designed to prevent big plays ... which could certainly help the Saints.
                            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Geo View Post
                              What's funny is that Cover 2 is designed to prevent big plays ... which could certainly help the Saints.
                              Shut your mouth, outsider. =/

Comment

• The Saints could probably convert to a Tampa 2 tomorrow if they wanted. Especially as they now have an ideal Tampa 2 MLB in Vilma, and also have Morgan at WILL. Boy, it's going to be fun to watch those two side-by-side on the same field, if Morgan can stay healthy. Who knows, maybe it's Keith Rivers playing next to Vilma ...

What's the feeling at safety, think this is a make or break year for Bullocks? It is a contract year for him, but do you guys think the Saints go ahead and pull the trigger on a potential free safety prospect sometime in the Draft?
                                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information